Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings (34215 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Earnings On Instagram Will Buy 58 Rolls Royce Phantoms / Video/Photos: How Joshua Knocked Out Undefeated Alexander Povetkin In Round / 15,000 Capacity Stadium Construction In Eket By Governor Udom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Great100000: 5:37am On Mar 17
In the world of boxing, tales of rags-to-riches journeys often captivate audiences, but few stories rival the meteoric rise of Anthony Joshua. From his humble beginnings in the ring, marked by a meager £15,000 payday for his inaugural professional bout, to his staggering career earnings totaling £500,140,000, Joshua’s journey is a testament to unwavering resilience, unyielding dedication, and a relentless pursuit of excellence, PETER AKINBO writes.

Before the glitz and glamor of the professional circuit, Joshua honed his craft in amateur boxing, amassing accolades and acclaim that foreshadowed his future dominance.

With an impeccable amateur record and a 2012 Olympic gold medal adorning his chest, Joshua transitioned seamlessly into the professional ranks, signaling the dawn of a new era in heavyweight boxing.

Emanuele Leo was his first opponent in the pros and he was quickly secured his first pro paycheck by knocking Leo out in the first round at the 02 Arena pocketing £15,000 for the bout.

Joshua went on to earn £50,000 in his next two fights which he won by knockouts against Paul Butlin and Hrvoje Kisicek. He followed that up with a £75,000 pay-day against Dorian Darch who also fell victim to Joshua’s knockout power.

His first million-pound purse would wait till his 8th professional bout against Konstantin Airich who he also dispatched by TKO and bagged a £1m purse. Joshua steadily climbed the ranks, each triumph contributing to his burgeoning reputation and financial standing.

Joshua’s ambition had always set him apart from his peers. In a candid interview dating back to April 2017, Joshua spoke of his aspirations to not only conquer the boxing world but to transcend it, aiming to become the sport’s first billionaire.

“When I first started, the aim was to become a multi-millionaire,” Joshua said.

“But now there are ordinary people, grandmas and granddads, who are worth millions just because of property prices. So the new school of thought is that I need to be a billionaire.”

Joshua went on to earn £1m from four other fights and £2m from wins over Kevin Johnson and Gary Cornish before a £3m purse for his win over Dillian Whyte and a total of £14.5m from his next three bouts.

However, it was his resounding victory over Wladimir Klitschko in the same month that catapulted Joshua into boxing stardom. Not only did the win secure his status as a heavyweight champion, but it also significantly boosted his earnings, with a staggering £15m purse attached to the fight.

His rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr., which saw him reclaim his titles from the American who handed him his first loss, brought in a monumental £66m payday, a testament to his enduring appeal and drawing power.

Joshua’s highest purse from a bout was made in his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk which he lost by split decision. In the first bout, Joshua earned £20m and in the rematch in Saudi Arabia, the two-time heavyweight champion bagged a whopping sum of £70m.

Undeterred by setbacks, such as his defeats to Usyk, Joshua showcased his resilience by bouncing back with triumphant victories in his next four fights which saw him earn a total of £86 with the biggest pay coming from his most recent fight against Francis Ngannou in Saudi Arabia where he pocketed £40m.

Each victory not only added to his legacy in the ring but also swelled his bank balance, underscoring his status as one of boxing’s most bankable stars.

Looking ahead, Joshua’s sights are set firmly on the horizon, his appetite for success as voracious as ever. With a record of 28-3-0 (25 KOs), the 34-year-old now has his sights set on becoming a three-time heavyweight champion.

Source: https://punchng.com/how-joshua-turned-15000-first-pay-to-500m-career-earnings/

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by chopnaira: 5:42am On Mar 17
Oh boy oh boy. Whom God has blessed.

65 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by dannyjesutofunmi(m): 5:47am On Mar 17
Incredible

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by olaolulazio(m): 5:47am On Mar 17
Consistency

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by seanwilliam(m): 5:51am On Mar 17
Consistency

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Is04970: 5:51am On Mar 17
Great!

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by skj1377(m): 5:51am On Mar 17
He should keep working hard. I wish him luck. His new management team is ok

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by pquaver(m): 5:53am On Mar 17
The op dey help Joshua dey calculate him money.. What is wrong with op and his monitoring spirit?

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Otunbakay(m): 5:53am On Mar 17
Joshua is a son of grace. He was born to be a champion.
Joshua will conquer the world of boxing again and sit @
the No. 1 spot.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by stano2(m): 5:54am On Mar 17
His environment helped

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Donchieli: 5:54am On Mar 17
Ewo

1 Like

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by stano2(m): 5:56am On Mar 17
So many talents wasted in this senselessly corrupt nation NIGERIA

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by handsomeyinka(m): 5:57am On Mar 17
His destined to be great..

I pray we all find favours in all our ways in this life.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Putindbutt: 5:58am On Mar 17
Unfortunately, another Nigerian brother, Anthony Ogogo ended his carrer with a nasty eye injury. He was supposed to be the face of British boxing, he's skillful, powerful, the fans favourite, had media paparazzi and also more handsome than AJ

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Great100000: 5:58am On Mar 17
pquaver:
The op dey help Joshua dey calculate him money.. What is wrong with op and his monitoring spirit?
Loz, my brother check the source of the news ooooo

2 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by smokinloud(m): 5:58am On Mar 17
Awesome

1 Like

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by gaskiyamagana: 5:58am On Mar 17
Hope he learned from the mistakes of Mike Tyson financial reckless from millions he earned when he is reigning champion; only to become.....
What I am saying is that he should not be squandermania. He has only maximum of 5yrs more to reign and rest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by epainos: 5:59am On Mar 17
When I read front-page comments on NL, I laugh, and so I avoid them because they are mostly rubbish.

Some mentioned Mike Tyson and bla bla bla. People don't get it. Or is it poverty or illiteracy in Africa that is making people to not be well-informed? Mike Tyson is gaddam rich now. Sportsmen don't fade off easily even after retirement as long as they set up a small amount to keep fit. Endorsements will always come. So, getting into sports can give you a lifetime opportunity. Tyson has just learned to keep his mouth shut and not expose himself to girls and uncle tax agencies. Did he lose money? Yes. Was he naive? Yes. But he has grown. He is rich.

The Law of Attraction
Listen, I learned a lesson some years ago. It is not too late for anyone to make a financial breakthrough. Listen again...you cannot make it via 8 to 5 regular job. That job is to keep you fit till you make it. If you decide to be comfortable in that job, it is ok. But you can make more money.

The only way to do it is to do similar things these guys do. Work smart like Antony Joshua. Get a skill that gives extremely high rewards. That skill is what will make you. But you need a regular income to keep yourself together while learning such a skill.

Position yourself such that people like Joshua Tyson, Okacha, Kanu, Dangote, Musk, Otedola, Adenuga, etc will patronize you. It may not be Otedola who will notice you, but DJ Cuppy. And that's it. Tinubu may not notice, but Seyi or Remi. Or it may be Gbaja. And that's it.

Do not lobby around them like how Nigerian upcoming politicians turn themselves to slaves, let them approach you. That skill is the ONLY reason they will find you. Davido will give you a front seat with Akon, Drake, Chris Brown, etc if he needs your skill badly. And then, guess what? Your network expands madly.

Again I repeat, let the law of attraction work in your life.

57 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by UncleKoboko: 5:59am On Mar 17
cool

Joshua is rich but all these people that will be calculating other people's money...

Money dey boxing and all these muscular agberos are just wasting their talents.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Haydens: 6:00am On Mar 17
Power of consistency

1 Like

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Thundafireseun: 6:04am On Mar 17
Joshua my man

So you have decided to beat up innocent people until you become a billionaire??

I will never encourage two fighting

6 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by tivta(m): 6:05am On Mar 17
Cuppy could never win his heart lol
Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by owolabi5: 6:06am On Mar 17
cool
Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Martinsmine(m): 6:07am On Mar 17
Large funds to us all

4 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by deeway200(m): 6:08am On Mar 17
Yoruba that said' ija o do la' ( fighting has no reward) ,come and see the money ooooo

7 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Nonybb: 6:10am On Mar 17
I am not a Nigerian, I am British, from Watford

5 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Lifestone(m): 6:14am On Mar 17
Omo Shagamu

5 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by Xwizard: 6:15am On Mar 17
pls I want to fight

Clean used EOD available for sale urgently
Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by WorkTheTalk(m): 6:16am On Mar 17
Impressive records

1 Like

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by ArewaNightmare: 6:19am On Mar 17
grin
Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by opera1(m): 6:19am On Mar 17
deeway200:
Yoruba that said' ija o do la' ( fighting has no reward) ,come and see the money ooooo

No be this kind fight jor

4 Likes

Re: How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings by aysnoopy(m): 6:23am On Mar 17
Nonybb:
I am not a Nigerian, I am British, from Watford

Stop that shit. He can never say that

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea May Have To Leave Stamford Bridge For At Least Two Seasons / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match / Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.