Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,068 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead (26223 Views)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Trustyourself: 12:39am On Mar 18
ezenna191:
One of Nigeria's best brains, an erudite professor by every meaning of it, intellectual giant, outstanding orator, international scholar, the teacher of teachers, a prolific writer and seasoned author, that's Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja. He died yesterday Saturday during a brief illness.

He was a true custodian of knowledge, an uncommon intellectual giant. His type is too scarce to find in Africa.

Goodnight Prof.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by emapeteum(m): 2:48am On Mar 18
Good to see the eulogies but none tell us his main contribution to making him rare in Africa apart from teaching in that part of the world.
My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by yemmit90: 2:53am On Mar 18
Cantonese:

At least they started as youths like you and rose to the heights they go to. If you think that they are your problem, why not join the youths of today, who are your mates, as they aspire to be leaders of tomorrow.

Your comment was very wrong please.

He is a good person, and a potential good leader of tomorrow. It takes a rational mind to recognise that our elders has failed this generation, and no respect should be giving to their dubious achievements.

It irritate me when people celebrate black people, and nothing will make me celebrate them as well because they are only useful to their individual lives and not their countries or societies.

Professors are as worse as our politicians, they contribute absolutely nothing to Nigeria and Africa at large. It is a waste of title in this part of the world. Go and read many of their so called rubbish books, you will discover they copied majority of them from Google. They have the same mentality like ordinarily Nigerians, "get money and enjoy your life" . I went through the university system, so I know them in and out.

RIP to the dead!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Bigblessed: 5:20am On Mar 18
My sincere condolences to your family, Prof.
May you rest in the bossom of Abraham.
Farewell sir. You are one in a million.
The professor of professors.
An authority is gone.

What a big loss to your family, Religious body, the State, the nation, the academic community, your fellow International Relations Guru and the world at large.
Your legacies live on sir.
He, that says no when the answer is no and yes when it is yes. Sleep on sir.
Your contributed quota to the world will not be forgotten in a haste.
Any one who came in contact with Prof. while alive will always tell of a Gen indeed.

Nigerian Government don't help and appreciate their own. Prof is one of them that have turned down lots of international offers lurering him to leave his lecturing job and come over to join them with lots of mouth watering offers, but he preferred assisting them (on and offline lectures, presentations, talks, materials etc) while maintaining his job as a lecturer here in Nigeria. You lived for what you believe. Lecturing gives him joy.

Prof. does not tolerate cheating neither does he accept sorting. Such students don't even near his office because before you thought of it, people around will seriously warn you. Just attend lectures, read extensively and sit for his exams, that's all. How many shall we talk about here. You are a prof. indeed!

To say that you are one in a million is an under statement.
Wishing you a peaceful rest, Sir.
Hoping that one or more of your kids will continue from where you stopped because your kind of brain is not something to be totally ignored just like that.
We salute you!
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by EducasionMe(m): 5:22am On Mar 18
May our sow ress in piece
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by sunnitus: 5:33am On Mar 18
He was the most respected professor and the best in absu then, and an erudite professor.

I always enjoy his lecturing.

RIP sir.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Emmanuel30a2: 5:42am On Mar 18
ezenna191:
One of Nigeria's best brains, an erudite professor by every meaning of it, intellectual giant, outstanding orator, international scholar, the teacher of teachers, a prolific writer and seasoned author, that's Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja. He died yesterday Saturday during a brief illness.
Dead...good!
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by ikdaddy01(m): 6:26am On Mar 18
RIP Proff.
Even while in IMSU , his name kept ringing bell.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by callmevirus(m): 6:50am On Mar 18
UncleKoboko:
Wetin happen?

He won a scholarship

1 Like

Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Mrkindness: 7:17am On Mar 18
obinna58:
No fvks given, leaders in Nigeria are messing up, from the highest to the lowest, they’re not meant to be praised, even at death

Masses are suffering bcoz of them, check his cupboard and you’ll see a giant skeleton
silent is Golden, because you have not been to schools you don't know a professor is.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Kingzjayzee: 7:24am On Mar 18
mrvitalis:
He took us GS101 back then in UNN

Respect in peace sir
wow.. u went to UNN? I also did too!
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Chasito(m): 7:28am On Mar 18
Rest in peace sir, that is only if u are not among those evil and wicked lecturers that like to frustrate students with carry overs because of sex and money sha.

I hate Naija lecturers.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by obinna58(m): 7:45am On Mar 18
Mrkindness:
silent is Golden, because you have not been to schools you don't know a professor is.
Silence on top faceless forum? At least I know the leaders a failures and not to be regarded

1 Like

Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by dettolgel: 8:13am On Mar 18
mrvitalis:

2010/2011

I already left then.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by ezenna191(m): 9:37am On Mar 18
femi4:
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by ezenna191(m): 9:44am On Mar 18
superCleanworks:

do you have any papers, interviews or audio tapes of his works?
He has many publications. He was at a time a lecturer at the Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru. Google more about him including reactions here.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by femi4: 10:15am On Mar 18
WILLIAMSKECH:
Quite young
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Slimwhyt(m): 11:38am On Mar 18
mrvitalis:
He took us GS101 back then in UNN

Respect in peace sir

Very true. I remember him back then in the den
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Slimwhyt(m): 11:40am On Mar 18
dettolgel:

What year?

Mine was around 2011 or 2012 sha
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Bassmetrics: 1:23pm On Mar 18
Aja kpuru Aja of the School of General studies in the Den back then.

RIP prof !
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18
Saintsammy59:

U must be a student of political science University of Calabar
I was a student now an alumni
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by RhodaNelly: 9:28pm On Mar 18
So sad we lost a great icon. I wasn't opportuned to be under his tutelage but we bought and read his books on Political Economy as recommended by our lecturers those days in the university.

Late Prof. Afigbo too was also a great brain we've lost.
RIP sir.
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by dettolgel: 9:16am On Mar 19
Slimwhyt:

Mine was around 2011 or 2012 sha

I already left then.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Antichristus: 8:24pm On Mar 27
OGHENAOGIE:
how did u search to come about this... Show some respect ok... Even as a unical student I de quote this guy for essays and exams...

Screenshot and post his research output in Elsevier, Sage, Springer, Wiley, Routledge, Taylor & Francis, and the likes, let's see. UNICAL student? Welcome! When last did any academic at that university publish in reputable journals, if in deed you know what that is? Many Nigerian academics are engaged in predatory publishing - again do you actually know what that means?
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27
Antichristus:

Screenshot and post his research output in Elsevier, Sage, Springer, Wiley, Routledge, Taylor & Francis, and the likes, let's see. UNICAL student? Welcome! When last did any academic at that university publish in reputable journals, if in deed you know what that is? Many Nigerian academics are engaged in predatory publishing - again do you actually know what that means?
i know you are idiot obviously which one have u published
Re: Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead by Antichristus: 12:02pm On Mar 28
OGHENAOGIE:
i know you are idiot obviously which one have u published

You call yourself a university graduate? You are certificated illeterate - many of your type parade yourselves around town with your money-induced and sexually transmitted degree qualifications. I have no more time for people like you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Correct English Word For ''longathroat'' / Longest Notes In Secondary School? / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.