Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo (741 Views)

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo / Innoson Customized Anambra Deputy Governor Official Car / Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Kuginzi: 5:39pm On Mar 17
The Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has disclosed that he has not taken any salary from the state since assuming office as governor two years ago.

He said that his wife does not have an official car as the first lady of Anambra State but still drives his personal cars.

The governor said this during the celebration of two years anniversary of his administration at the International Convention Center, Awka, the state capital on Sunday.

Soludo said he is deliberately executing the most austere measure government ever by cutting costs and not borrowing for the last two years.

“Any governor that comes floods you with offers for borrowing and so on and so forth, but we decided for the first two years to demonstrate something, capacity to do more with less.

"And so far as has been said, for two years, despite receiving about 25 per cent in real terms or in dollar terms of what was in the past, we have chosen deliberately not to borrow.

I have been aske severally; ‘how do you do without borrowing and with the difficult circumstances?’ And my answer is that we are doing so because we are executing the most austere measure government ever.

"As I speak to you, I am not taking any salary, I am not paid any salary by Anambra State government. Even the First Lady of Anambra don’t have any official car, she still drives my personal vehicles,” Soludo said.

The governor said that his decision to cut wastes and the cost of governance is to direct resources and prioritise them to things that are important to the people of the state.

He said his administration has prioritised areas that has been neglected in the past, building hospitals, roads schools and others in places that such amenities have never reached.

Soludo assured the people of Anambra that any kobo entrusted in his hand as the governor will be accounted for, saying that if he ever borrows, the people will be shown the projects the loan was used for and how those projects would repay the loan.

The celebration of the two years anniversary of Soludo’s administration was marked with the Pontifical Mass of Thanksgiving led by the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Nnewi, Most Rev. Jonas-Benson Okoye and the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Awka, Most Rev. Paulinus Ezeokafor.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/03/17/i-havent-received-any-salary-as-governor-my-wife-has-no-official-car-soludo/

4 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Jivak: 5:40pm On Mar 17
I don't understand.allowances nko
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by 123yes(m): 5:50pm On Mar 17
Gh
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Ofunaofu: 5:51pm On Mar 17
This is very commendable

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by successmatters(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17
Anambra needs labour party

3 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Skooltynz: 5:54pm On Mar 17
yimu
everybody just dey copy obi format.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Tjra: 5:54pm On Mar 17
Skooltynz:
yimu
everybody just dey copy obi format.
Same Obi that looted Anambra mercilessly?

He ruined the state beyond redemption to the extent that Obiano nearly resigned when he saw the rot he left behind.

Even the Obi's so called state investment is worth almost nothing according to Soludo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Pgirigory: 6:26pm On Mar 17
Nice
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by SalamRushdie: 6:58pm On Mar 17
This is clearly a red flag

You have not received salary so how are you surviving?
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by yarimo(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17
While your colleague in ABIA STATE just squandering everything to himself without any meaningful project in reality undecided undecided
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by HeadNigga: 7:34am On Mar 18
Soludo, don't even go there with that " I don't receive salaries"...when you leave office you can always demand for it and get paid. You didn't forfeit it. If it sure for you the state assembly should pass a law which stipulates that a governor's salary will be forfeited if he declines receiving them as and when due.

With that said, you are working but stop taking us for fools with that talk
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by April4th(m): 7:34am On Mar 18
Lie kill you there.
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by BarrElChapo(m): 7:34am On Mar 18
Thrash talk
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Kingrshd3: 7:34am On Mar 18
You say Wetin
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by sleek214(m): 7:34am On Mar 18
Okay . Obi boys will not like this
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by wunmi590(m): 7:35am On Mar 18

How many times mod want push to front page?

@mynd44 this has been pushed to front page yesterday
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by meum: 7:35am On Mar 18
Noted
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by hurryup123(m): 7:36am On Mar 18
You stole enough money as CBN governor now ....

You think say we no know?
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by bigdammyj: 7:36am On Mar 18
Noted.
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Artscollection: 7:36am On Mar 18
As if na their salary be the koko. Publish your security vote let me see something.
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Oju4190: 7:36am On Mar 18
Ogbeni u for end ur statement by saying

"Go and verify"
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by etcme(m): 7:36am On Mar 18
We have heard nah.

So what next?
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by anonimi: 7:37am On Mar 18
Kuginzi:
https://www.channelstv.com/2024/03/17/i-havent-received-any-salary-as-governor-my-wife-has-no-official-car-soludo/

Another formula for looting and stashing our money in Pandora Papers like ObiDense saint Peter Obinus.

Did integrity soldier Buhari and pastor Osinbajo not tell us similar tales as they were looting us worse than Jonathan and PDP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Arshavin20: 7:38am On Mar 18
SalamRushdie:
This is clearly a red flag

You have not received salary so how are you surviving?
Don't mind him
Re: I Haven’t Received Any Salary As Governor, My Wife Has No Official Car – Soludo by Ejyksneh(m): 7:38am On Mar 18
Lies from the pit of hell, only the ronus will believe you.

Check my signature for what you are looking for

1 Like

(1) (2)

Former Nigerian President Summoned / Why Speaker Is Always Travelling - Reps(nigerian Politicians Are Bastards) / You Can Now Advertise And Get Paid For Doing So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.