Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo (19248 Views)

Innoson Customized Anambra Deputy Governor Official Car / Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) / The Official Car Of The NANS President That Costs 19 Million Naira: A Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by fergie001: 7:17pm On Mar 17
Governor Soludo speaking at the event to mark two years of his administration on Sunday, March 17, 2024.

The Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has disclosed that he has not taken any salary from the state since assuming office as governor two years ago.

He said that his wife does not have an official car as the first lady of Anambra State but still drives his personal cars.

The Governor said this during the celebration of two years anniversary of his administration at the International Convention Center, Awka, the state capital on Sunday.

Soludo said he is deliberately executing the most austere measure government ever by cutting costs and not borrowing for the last two years.

“Any governor that comes floods you with offers for borrowing and so on and so forth, but we decided for the first two years to demonstrate something, capacity to do more with less.

“And so far as has been said, for two years, despite receiving about 25 per cent in real terms or in dollar terms of what was in the past, we have chosen deliberately not to borrow.

I have been asked severally; ‘how do you do without borrowing and with the difficult circumstances?’ And my answer is that we are doing so because we are executing the most austere measure government ever.

“As I speak to you, I am not taking any salary, I am not paid any salary by Anambra State government. Even the First Lady of Anambra don’t have any official car, she still drives my personal vehicles,”
Soludo said.

The Governor said that his decision to cut wastes and the cost of governance is to direct resources and prioritise them to things that are important to the people of the state.

He said his administration has prioritised areas that has been neglected in the past, building hospitals, roads schools and others in places that such amenities have never reached.

Soludo assured the people of Anambra that any kobo entrusted in his hand as the governor will be accounted for, saying that if he ever borrows, the people will be shown the projects the loan was used for and how those projects would repay the loan.

The celebration of the two years anniversary of Soludo’s administration was marked with the Pontifical Mass of Thanksgiving led by the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Nnewi, Most Rev. Jonas-Benson Okoye and the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Awka, Most Rev. Paulinus Ezeokafor.

SOURCE

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by successmatters(m): 7:18pm On Mar 17
Soludo, stop copying the verified achievements of Peter Obi, he was the only one who governed a state and removed his hands from state money because he was even richer than the state before he won governorship.

Stop playing to the gallery because you haven't achieved a tenth of what Peter Obi did for us in Anambra state. You criticized his administration, but you have been below his level of output since you won. As a Professor, you are performing below the verified achievements of a trader. grin

As long as Peter Obi is around in Anambra politics, you will remain a political Lilliputian.

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by God1000(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17
The only APGA governor, we commend him for doing that, but salary or no salary, governors have access to billions and all the state resources and they will take any amount without public knowledge.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Entprys(m): 7:23pm On Mar 17
Just the same as our Governor here in Kwara

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by JagabanB: 7:27pm On Mar 17
successmatters:
Soludo, stop copying the verified achievements of Peter Obi, he was the only one who governed a state and removed his hands from state money because he was even richer than the state before he won governorship.

Stop playing to the gallery because you haven't achieved a tenth of what Peter Obi did for us in Anambra state. You criticized his administration, but you have been below his level of output since you won. As a Professor, you are performing below the verified achievements of a trader. grin
Hands off state money like storing it in your banks?

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by successmatters(m): 7:28pm On Mar 17
JagabanB:

As long as its a bank, and the money is accessible to the next governor, we're OK with that.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Foreverly02: 7:30pm On Mar 17
Seriously

3 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Ofunaofu: 7:30pm On Mar 17
Very commendable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by JagabanB: 7:32pm On Mar 17
successmatters:

As long as its a bank, and the money is accessible to the next governor.
And the #250m with his driver?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by successmatters(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17
JagabanB:

Was for buying school buses for school children in a cheaper outlet, cost cutting measures that saved billions for us.

The EFCC cleared him for all that a long time ago.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by jmoore(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17
successmatters:

Inasmuch I support Obi, you guys should not add to what Obi never said. Obi never said he was richer than Anambra.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by TINTINABULATION(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17
Emotional Nigerians and their predilection for all these useless statements, which most often than not, are ENTIRELY FALSE.

9 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by castrogee(m): 7:37pm On Mar 17
successmatters:

You don't need to shout it! If you read that watery speech, you will know who that is directed to. The man has been very jealous of Otti. But no wahala, 2025 no far again, we will remind him

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by successmatters(m): 7:39pm On Mar 17
jmoore:

Inasmuch I support Obi, you guys should not add to what Obi never said. Obi never said he was richer than Anambra.

I never said he said so. We only knew so, even as the man was very meek.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by APOPTOSIS: 7:40pm On Mar 17
Did the people elect your wife or you

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Forest122: 7:41pm On Mar 17
Good

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by ReubenE(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17
Why is he telling us his wife has no official car.

His wife is not occupying any official government position.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by AmakaTips2: 7:41pm On Mar 17
undecided
Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Think9ja(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17
This is the best governor South East has ever produce. Unlike one rubbish that wasted eight years without achieving anything

The rubbish is who some dumbos believe can transforn Nigeria simply because he knows how to dish out dubious figures.

This rubbish had a poor degree in psychology but he parades himself as a brilliant economist.

Omoh mumu people plenty for Nigeria abeg

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by press9jatv: 7:41pm On Mar 17
But he’s collecting allowances , security votes funds monthly and it’s running to millions monthly. No one buys to lies and propaganda here

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:41pm On Mar 17
Nice one

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by b3llo(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17
Good. Do your best. SE, have Soludo and Otto whom have good antecedents and reputation.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by callmevirus(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Ofunaofu: 7:42pm On Mar 17
JagabanB:

But you don't have a problem with Tinubu holding Lagos State and its citizens to ransom for over two decades, milking their common wealth through a blueprint conduit pipe he built that connects the coffers of Lagos State Treasury to his personal company and also ferries some of this common wealth in bullion vans. Today, Lagosians scream Ebi n pa wa o whenever they see his convoy because he stole their common wealth. 

Today, he is the president and has carried his criminal tendencies to the federal level, and going by the daily reports of corruption happening under this calamitous Tinubu regime, it will certainly become the most corrupt government in the history of this country. Unrivaled

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by ppogba: 7:42pm On Mar 17
Even if you say you have not eaten for two years, I believe you HE Gov. Soludo.

You are far ahead of the fellow who claimed to have used the same wrist watch for 40 years.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by 3ice9ce: 7:43pm On Mar 17
successmatters:

I never said he said so. We only knew so, even as the man was very meek.

Obi richer than Anambra.
No wonder you're an Obidient. Your brain is like Obi's administration in Anambra.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by drugBaronTINUBU: 7:43pm On Mar 17
JagabanB:

That u don't believe it or choose to be blind doesn't mean it didn't happened

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by mariahAngel(f): 7:44pm On Mar 17
Won de O! 🙄

3 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by sonofthunder: 7:44pm On Mar 17
successmatters:

Yes he hasn't copied Obi by building roads that rain will wash away, using state funds to keep his bank afloat, storing stolen money in offshore companies or building a state-wide beer parlour that has been generating losses.

Well done sir

17 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 2 Yrs, My Wife Has No Official Car - Soludo by Tjra: 7:44pm On Mar 17
successmatters:
Soludo, stop copying the verified achievements of Peter Obi,

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Letter is Justified, Buhari should not re-contest - Junaid Mohammed / Ganduje: No State Fights Corruption In Nigeria More Than Kano / Nkechi Ikpeazu To Offset Medical Bill Of Abused 10-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.