Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,548 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) (10934 Views)

Maduka University Enugu Makes History With Matriculation Of Over 600 Students / Maduka University, Enugu, In Pictures / Maduka University Enugu Announces School Fees Structure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by 89green: 1:03am On Mar 19
Tbagwell80:
What is the purpose of floating a private university if you can't bring anything new to improve the system. The sight of the crowded class hall is an eyesore. Private universities are generally costlier than public universities so I expect something better. Why should I pay to attend this kind of school where student-lecturer ratio is about 300:1. I would advise that you take down this photo and also inform the management to work on a better ratio by either building more facilities or admitting less number of students.

My thoughts exactly, those photos na bad marketing grin

NUC need to answer some questions

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Thinktwicemybro: 1:08am On Mar 19
moje4:
For the rich
Are you cursed with poverty?
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Visagemedia(m): 1:14am On Mar 19
Thsi is a GSS course brother so it requires all the students to be in one class.
Tbagwell80:
What is the purpose of floating a private university if you can't bring anything new to improve the system. The sight of the crowded class hall is an eyesore. Private universities are generally costlier than public universities so I expect something better. Why should I pay to attend this kind of school where student-lecturer ratio is about 300:1. I would advise that you take down this photo and also inform the management to work on a better ratio by either building more facilities or admitting less number of students.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Visagemedia(m): 1:16am On Mar 19
Please this is a general course class known as GSS.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by eagleu: 1:38am On Mar 19
Visagemedia:
Please this is a general course class known as GSS.

In 2024, the only occasion students are expected to fill a hall to this capacity is during say an inauguration lecture by the dean or the university president.
We need classroom sizes of 20 to 30 students no matter what level.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by rumenase(m): 1:40am On Mar 19
[quote author=Xplit66 post=128994725]LEARN HOW TO TRADE BITCOIN, CRYPTO CURRENCY!

With crypto trading, you earn in Dollars easily and daily. Our trading strategies is special and has been yielding positive results. Don't forget, it's bullrun season, join us and earn smartly.
If you're a crypto novice, join our one-week intensive one-on-one lessons online.With active WhatsApp on your mobile, you can be part of the training.Our virtual interactive sessions will transform beginners into skilled traders in just 8 days. We offer three batches per month:
Batch A: 1st to 8th
Batch B: 12th to 19th
Batch C: 21st to 28th. Secure your spot now, reg fee is N20,000.
Also, if you're already into crypto trading, consider  subscribing to our signal group for profitable trades. We  consistently display our signal accuracy to assure you of our reliability.
You only need a smartphone to get started.
Finally, you can buy/sell USDT coin from at best rates
DM or visit our website to learn more.[/quote binance wey dey don ban na you Dey use do example
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Nchenches: 2:12am On Mar 19
Hmmm. Students are too clustered together in little space. Let the proprietors of the university make amendments.

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by CluelessMODS: 2:22am On Mar 19
Jennyclay:
Can I apply for PhD program?
With all your bashing of men you want to attend a school owned by a man .. shameless and yeye woman!
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Nchenches: 2:22am On Mar 19
Almunjid:

What if it's a general course? Were u expecting to see 30:1 in Gens class in a large hall like this? The above pictures aren't for departmental courses. I suppose it's all their year one students in Gens class. Nevertheless, they should have divided the general class into two or three groups at least.

A Course is a Course, be it General studoes 101 or a Physics 101. You don't pack students together like sardines in any Course of study. Why not do it online if there wasn't enough space?
The pics are bad market for the proprietor of the university. It's like Broveens42 marketing his master, gov Hope Uzodinma. Amateurish.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Visagemedia(m): 3:58am On Mar 19
Nchenches:

A Course is a Course, be it General studoes 101 or a Physics 101. You don't pack students together like sardines in any Course of study. Why not do it online if there wasn't enough space?
The pics are bad market for the proprietor of the university. It's like Broveens42 marketing his master, gov Hope Uzodinma. Amateurish.

Why so much hate and bile?

I guess you are not our target audience

Our target audience will enroll

That is what matters
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by eenai(m): 4:10am On Mar 19
If we are to by the attached picture, the Maduka University is disappointing. Very poorly designed and over crowded lecture hall.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Nchenches: 4:10am On Mar 19
Visagemedia:

That is what matters

You are unable to differentiate between honest advise and hatred.
Well, only you know who your target audience is.

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Visagemedia(m): 4:22am On Mar 19
Why are you guys this way?

These are GSS class

eenai:
If we are to by the attached picture, the Maduka University is disappointing. Very poorly designed and over crowded lecture hall.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by sunsweet33: 4:45am On Mar 19
Tbagwell80:

Not that I am defending the honour of this university but of all the things to highlight, I don’t think student ratio should be one of them.

Many decent universities have huge lectures like this for general information until the students now branch into their respective fields.

There is no sense in giving the same lecture to tiny classes of 15, over and over when you can just gather everybody at once
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by sunsweet33: 4:52am On Mar 19
Almunjid:

What if it's a general course? Were u expecting to see 30:1 in Gens class in a large hall like this? The above pictures aren't for departmental courses. I suppose it's all their year one students in Gens class. Nevertheless, they should have divided the general class into two or three groups at least.

Lol. I didnt see your comment before I made mine wink exactly my point.

But the lecture Hall still looks quite stûpid though. The seats at the back should be raised. Those guys at the back May as well be on a different planet. Looking like a church service.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by ozoono(m): 4:54am On Mar 19
Jennyclay:
See this girl u like notice me, PhD ke PhD in. Don't go and read for ur jamb and waec exams
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by chidi2003(m): 6:42am On Mar 19
Alexiiydon:
na man get the university ...remember?
Well said to that bitter soul, Brethren!
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Afrojuju2017(m): 7:53am On Mar 19
Visagemedia:

Sponsored Post

The student population in that class shown in the video is far too large imho. That is over 100 people. You'd expect at least 2 teaching assistants + the lecturer in that size population
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Afrojuju2017(m): 7:58am On Mar 19
sunsweet33:

Not that I am defending the honour of this university but of all the things to highlight, I don’t think student ratio should be one of them.

Many decent universities have huge lectures like this for general information until the students now branch into their respective fields.

There is no sense in giving the same lecture to tiny classes of 15, over and over when you can just gather everybody at once

A general lecture can still take 50 or 60, if the hall is well designed and the lecturer is well experienced in delivery. But there is no way 250- 300 students can sit together so tightly and all be able to follow the instructions of the lecturer.

We set go school nah
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by WithX(m): 8:14am On Mar 19
Visagemedia:

That is what matters

Rather than taking it as hate, why not take it as a constructive criticism.

I know you attach such picture to show high student turnover, but in the context of a private university where one is expected to pay handsomely, it's only fair to see some state of the art facilities.

- Take a look at the Hall, its no different from where townhall meetings are held, even churches have upgraded using elevated seats (stadium type) that allows even the last person to see the speaker and the board.

Again, the projector placement is an afterthought, it ought to have been embedded in the building rather than placed on a table.

If you can just take down the picture of the crowded class in an archaic hall and replace with more beautiful pictures from the university.

Don't just look at it from the angle that those commenting are not your target audience, they will form an impression based on what they see and that can go a long way in marketing the school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Almunjid(m): 8:15am On Mar 19
Nchenches:

Lol, e be like say no be for Nigeria u school. Because if na Nigeria u school, u no go talk talk like this.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by CartelKenneth: 8:37am On Mar 19
Be like secondary school
Rubbish
Go to Babcock or covenant if u must go private

School for THE RICH
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Tbagwell80: 10:31am On Mar 19
sunsweet33:

This is exactly why we don't change or improve in this part of the world. We already have enough 'decent Universities' in Nigeria. The aim of opening a university should not be solely to maximize profit but to make impact on the society. Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to attend good university in a developed country. Even when they have bigger population, they have enough facilities and lecturers to manage classes in units. With this crowd comes failure, missing script and many students can't learn in this type of gathering. No honor in defending this and no gain in repeating the same mistakes and expecting changes. This is bad for both lecturers and students. Go back to yesterdays and find out why we had max of 40:1 ratio in old government secondary schools. Once a class grows more than 40, they create another class (A, B, C etc). How can one lecturer manage assignments from this crowd?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Tbagwell80: 10:42am On Mar 19
Visagemedia:
Thsi is a GSS course brother so it requires all the students to be in one class.
It doesn't matter what course it is. Convey the message to the management. Beyond this advertisment, they should implement it. Make enquiry on how it is done in good clime. If this system is used in Nnamdi Azikiwe University, why should I pay more to attend this school with even worse ratio? Come up with facilities and systems that would make real impact and create value for money spent. How do you think one lecturer can manage assignments of over 300 students. Two things would happen here, either the lecture conducts only multiple choice questions type of exams with no class assignments (that makes students to learn more) or if the lecturer manage to give assignment, there will be poor grading (either from giving it out to relatives to grade or getting exhausted in the process). With this comes, failures, missing scripts, poor grading, poor understanding of lectures, and some students being absent as a result.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by sunsweet33: 2:57pm On Mar 19
Tbagwell80:
This is exactly why we don't change or improve in this part of the world. We already have enough 'decent Universities' in Nigeria. The aim of opening a university should not be solely to maximize profit but to make impact on the society. Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to attend good university in a developed country. Even when they have bigger population, they have enough facilities and lecturers to manage classes in units. With this crowd comes failure, missing script and many students can't learn in this type of gathering. No honor in defending this and no gain in repeating the same mistakes and expecting changes. This is bad for both lecturers and students. Go back to yesterdays and find out why we had max of 40:1 ratio in old government secondary schools. Once a class grows more than 40, they create another class (A, B, C etc). How can one lecturer manage assignments from this crowd?

Hahaha please🤣 as If you know me to be able tell where I went to school. For your information, lectures in top schools abroad regularly contain hundreds of people and there’s absolutely nothing wrong in it.

The only universities that purposely keep small class sizes are Oxford and Cambridge because their studies are tutorial and research-based and not lecture-based.

If the subject is mainly taught by lecture then it’s more efficient to teach Broad topics to a large group before branching into specifics. Plus the lecturer will have their own research, symposia, meetings and other such activities which restrict their schedule.

Anyway it’s clear you’re too emotional for me to expect a sensible interaction. Have a nice day!
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Tbagwell80: 4:23pm On Mar 19
sunsweet33:

Hahaha please🤣 as If you know me to be able tell where I went to school. For your information, lectures in top schools abroad regularly contain hundreds of people and there’s absolutely nothing wrong in it.

The only universities that purposely keep small class sizes are Oxford and Cambridge because their studies are tutorial and research-based and not lecture-based.

If the subject is mainly taught by lecture then it’s more efficient to teach Broad topics to a large group before branching into specifics. Plus the lecturer will have their own research, symposia, meetings and other such activities which restrict their schedule.

Anyway it’s clear you’re too emotional for me to expect a sensible interaction. Have a nice day!
Well, I don't know why you decided to add the last paragraph. It shows how unexposed you are. I used "maybe" because I don't know you and you don't know me. You quoted me first and I responded. Instead of you to stick to the subject, you decided to run away from the topic.
I don't know the kind of foreign schools you claimed to have attended to see where students are packed like sardines to receive lecture. Classes are broken in units if students are many. Different times, online, class rooms etc. This is from someone who have attended schools in Nigeria, US, Germany and UAE.
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Forkthiefnubu: 10:16pm On Mar 20
Jennyclay:
What’s ur first degree in ?
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Jennyclay(f): 10:17pm On Mar 20
Forkthiefnubu:

What’s ur first degree in ?
MEDLAB
Re: What You Need To Know About Maduka University Enugu (How To Apply) by Valwezzy: 11:47am On Mar 21
Jennyclay:
MEDLAB

UNEC?

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of List Of All Polytechnics And College Of Education In Nigeria / The 2018 Aberystwyth University International Scholarships Is On, See Details / Waec Subject Required For Economics Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.