Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Our Homeland Not Only For Burials But Celebration Of The Living — Bishop Onuoha - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Homeland Not Only For Burials But Celebration Of The Living — Bishop Onuoha (76 Views)

Anambra Church Where The Living And The Dead Worship Together (pic) / 'I Am The Living Perfect Master Of This Age' – Satguru Maharaj Ji / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Homeland Not Only For Burials But Celebration Of The Living — Bishop Onuoha by Metrix147: 8:48am On Mar 18
The President and Founder Vision Africa, Bishop Dr. Sunday Onuoha has expressed gratitude to his community, Okai Item in Bende local government area of Abia State for the initiative to celebrate him as his diamond jubilee anniversary.

Bishop Onuoha a cleric in the Methodist Church Nigeria told ABN TV in an interview that that this is a mark of honour which he cherishes, noting that his community will celebrate for good reason and not opportunity for siren-blaring vehicle to be parading corpse around.

According to him, Item community his homeland is meant for the celebration of the living and not only for funerals.

The celebration of his 60th birthday will take place March 22 at his hometown where the people of Item have chosen as a choice venue to honour their own.

It is in celebration of his selfless service to Item where he served as President-General for over 11 years before he was made the chairman Board of Trustees, a position he holds till date.

"They said I have for about 20 years rendered great service to Item people and they came, telling me they want to celebrate my life.

"I'm not a minister, I'm not a governor, no political office but a leader in the community. They want to show a prophet has honour in his place", he stated.

He therefore urged for more investments in our communities to make it worth living, a shift from the culture of holding celebrations at only the urban centres.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/at-60-our-homeland-not-only-for-burial-sirens-but-celebration-of-the-living-bishop-onuoha/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: Our Homeland Not Only For Burials But Celebration Of The Living — Bishop Onuoha by insidelife22(m): 8:49am On Mar 18
OK oh.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Difference Btw Snake Worshipers And ... / Pastor Offers Online Courses On How To Perform Miracles In Church / Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.