Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt (80 Views)

How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) / When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt by Daejumong(m): 8:30am On Mar 29
The bible didn’t really give a direct reason why she looked back at Sodom disobeying Gods command delivered to Lot through the 2 angels that visited.
But there are certain clues given in Gen 19, which may provide answers.

In Genesis 19:7-8
Lot says, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Behold, I have two daughters who have not known man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.

Two angels came in human form and visited Lot but the sodomites wanted to have them but instead of Lot to stand up to the mob he shockingly offered his only two virgin daughters to be RAPED, DEFLOWERED and abused by the mob !
Thank God the angels intervened and prevented such!
This action of Lot will break any woman and is enough
for a woman to leave the man!
Lot and his wife probably had a heated argument and fight after the incident
The following day they now depart from Sodom after not fully healing on the instruction of the same angels u almost sacrificed the daughters for and ordered her not to look back!
I tell you 90percent of women in that mental state would have looked back!
It’s unfortunate she turned to a pillar of salt .
Her absence in the life of her daughters and husband ultimately led to the incest they committed with their dad!

Re: Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt by Papichulostunne(m): 8:49am On Mar 29
Go and ask her.. the monument is still there.
Re: Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt by overdrive(m): 9:31am On Mar 29
She remembered all her gold and hollandis wrappers grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt by Samesame247: 9:39am On Mar 29
Someone shouted Up Nepa!!! behind her

1 Like

Re: Why Did Lot’s Wife Look Back At Sodom And Turned To A Pillar Of Salt by Emmanuel30a2: 9:48am On Mar 29
Rubbish!

(1) (Reply)

What Is Good Friday? What The Holy Day Means For Christians / Zakatul Fitr / Law And Procedure Started With God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.