Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) (52872 Views)

The Scorpion I Found Just Now In My Room (Photo) / Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by emmyN(m): 2:53pm On Mar 18
Gbadexy, you manufacture paints. Any idea what could have happened?

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Pacyrus(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18
Brighton1:
Nose mask 😷 no dey work jare.
During Covid-19 period, person mess inside danfo bus nd i smell the mess loud and clear even as I wear nose mask
E get another scenario wey happen again for God is Good park during dat Covid-19 period, one lady open her food na once I knw say na ewa-agoyin she dey eat evn as I wear nose mask
Shey dis nose mask dey work like dis?
On colos grin

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Bimpe29: 2:56pm On Mar 18
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun!

Allahumo ighifirillahu war'amhu Aameen.

It's really tragic.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by JohnnA1: 2:58pm On Mar 18
Savedday2:
The number of people poverty have killed in 9ja erh!
IGNORANCE you mean?
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Trustedpronet: 2:58pm On Mar 18
Same thing almost killed me years back. May be he is asmatic
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18
2shure:
Even painters dey wear mask talkless of a non professional. He should have slept outside or neighbour outside or went to church and slept.shey he for never wake up.

Painter masks hope you aren't taking about naija painters I had and saw a lot of painters doing painting without masks, even Julius Bergers workers

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18
dominique:
RIP to the deceased. This could be as a result of poor ventilation in the houses that are being constructed nowadays. Either that or he slept with the windows shut preventing fresh air from coming in to diffuse the fumes from chemicals used to make the paint. Or the death is totally unrelated with inhaling the paint. I love taking in deep breaths in newly painted rooms, I've never been affected by it in any way. It is possible that he had a preexisting heart condition.

I wonder too o, before Buhari/tinubu spoil the economy, I used to change my interior paint yearly.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by mariahAngel(f): 3:03pm On Mar 18
His body/senses would've tried to warn him (difficulty in breathing), but he refused to heed. Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by iamtardey: 3:04pm On Mar 18
2shure:
Even painters dey wear mask talkless of a non professional. He should have slept outside or neighbour outside or went to church and slept.shey he for never wake up.
person wey go die go die, whatever.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Ishilove: 3:06pm On Mar 18
I accidentally inhaled sniper last week and till now I am still battling cough, a tight chest and catarrh, talk less of paint fumes. Hell no.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Opanka44(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18
Jennyclay:
There are some things I can’t perceive. undecided

If I slightly perceive the odour of fuel I throw instantly and I will be sick for like 3 hours. embarassed

Biko, always wear nose mask, we inhale too much nonsense in this country that could cause damages in our body system undecided

I'm glad u didn't insult Men in your comment today
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Dundalk(m): 3:09pm On Mar 18
Ishilove:
I accidentally inhaled sniper last week and till now I am still battling cough, a tight chest and catarrh, talk less of paint fumes. Hell no.
do you have small remain, I want to do something undecided
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by gbadexy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 18
emmyN:
Gbadexy, you manufacture paints. Any idea what could have happened?
Yes sir, any number of volatile chemical preservatives could have killed him.
The government has banned the use of chemicals like formalin, and ammonia that have chocking effect but some people or companies still use them. Best to open the place and let it air properly for a day.
Solvent based paint are the worst. The volatile solvent is more dangerous. I've been to businesses and restaurants that operate after being painted with the gloss, it's very chocking and would definitely kill if slept in such place with poor ventilation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by sukkot: 3:09pm On Mar 18
Ok they say long exposure to paint fumes can and will cause loss of lung function. Meaning the oxygen and carbon dioxide ratio in the blood will be wrong and so the heart will try to overcompensate by tachycardia and ventricular rhythms, maybe SVT, and before you know it the whole heart rhythm is out of wack. He needed to have been shocked back into normal sinus rhythm
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18
Brighton1:
Nose mask 😷 no dey work jare.
During Covid-19 period, person mess inside danfo bus nd i smell the mess loud and clear even as I wear nose mask
E get another scenario wey happen again for God is Good park during dat Covid-19 period, one lady open her food na once I knw say na ewa-agoyin she dey eat evn as I wear nose mask
Shey dis nose mask dey work like dis?
Whoever told you the function of mask is to prevent you from perceiving odour or smell?
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by mariahAngel(f): 3:19pm On Mar 18
iamtardey:
person wey go die go die, whatever.

Shey that one come mean say make person dey careless with their life?
Abi wetin you dey try talk?
undecided
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by mmadu4: 3:19pm On Mar 18
no day passes by in Nigeria without bad news. nna mehnnn this country sha
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by blingxx(m): 3:25pm On Mar 18
Why I left that factory job where ink was produced angry na mumu dey value money over life
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 3:26pm On Mar 18
Some paints are made with hazardous chemicals. I'm aware of this especially when still fresh..
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Brighton1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 18
YoungBlackRico:
Whoever told you the function of mask is to prevent you from perceiving odour or smell?
then why are we asked to wear it during covid-19 pandemic? Abi no be airborne disease again?
Sootey, nose mask cost pass malaria drugs that period.. I no fit forget.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Anashe: 3:36pm On Mar 18
Paint probably contained VOCs. Inhaling it most likely caused damage to his kidneys, liver and central nervous system. It's poison.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by NewDea4: 3:38pm On Mar 18
Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man has lost his life after experiencing heart complications believed to be linked to freshly painted walls.

According to a post by Senator Shehu Sani, the man undertook the task of painting his room and, tragically, decided to sleep in it the same night while the paint was still wet. This decision would prove to have fatal consequences, as he later developed severe heart complications.

In his post on social media, Senator Shehu Sani expressed his condolences, writing:

Senator Shehu Sani

Awusa no get brain 🧠
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Raylight2(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18
Donbaggio15:
He must have used the satin paint, the scent alone omo
satin odour that smells nice. I thought you'd talk about the preservative odour instead.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by missidy: 3:39pm On Mar 18
My colleague developed serious cough when our office was painted newly. She asked to work from home so that she doesn't infect others. Only for her to go to the hospital and was told it was the newly painted office that triggered it. When you paint a room, ventilation for some days before moving in.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by joseph1832(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18
Ishilove:
OH dear so sorry to hear.

You should have called me, lemme massage your chest gently, with an Ice Cube, to loosen the tightness in your chest. smiley
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Offpoint1: 3:43pm On Mar 18
Jennyclay:
There are some things I can’t perceive. undecided

If I slightly perceive the odour of fuel I throw instantly and I will be sick for like 3 hours. embarassed

Biko, always wear nose mask, we inhale too much nonsense in this country that could cause damages in our body system undecided
I'm in love with you Jenny, will your be my girlfriend?
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by victorclean(f): 3:47pm On Mar 18
Ogun at work
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by maasoap(m): 4:03pm On Mar 18
Davehasmadeit:
We don't take our health serious in this part of the world. Sometimes I see men offloading cement from truck without wearing nose mask or taking liquid milk afterwards. Same with painters, welders, saw millers etc. These things have health related consequences.
Imagine furniture makers using those machine to smoothening the woods surfaces and not wearing nose covers! They could be at it for hours. Asthma loading
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by tefishy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 18
Thought so too. Honestly

Pat081:
Same here too, the man was sick before or something, it is today that someone will paint his / her house or room and sleep inside

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18
Brighton1:
then why are we asked to wear it during covid-19 pandemic? Abi no be airborne disease again?
Sootey, nose mask cost pass malaria drugs that period.. I no fit forget.
Lol, it wasn't for the smell but pathogens can travel through the air.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by maasoap(m): 4:07pm On Mar 18
NewDea4:

Awusa no get brain 🧠
You are a tribalist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fawaz Alabi Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos / Ebonyi State College Of Nursing And Midwifery Uburu In Pictures / COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.