Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) (52880 Views)

The Scorpion I Found Just Now In My Room (Photo) / Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Sabadon(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18
tefishy:
Never knew paint could be these hazardous.

RIP
paint contains lead probably died of acute lead poisoning, after painting wash off thoroughly and allow the paint to dry off very well before parking in

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by tefishy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18
Thanks for sharing

Sabadon:
paint contains lead probably died of acute lead poisoning, after painting wash off thoroughly and allow the paint to dry off very well before parking in

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by kenob28(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18
Brighton1:
Aunty,,, Nose mask 😷 no dey work jare.
During Covid-19 period, person mess inside danfo bus nd i smell the mess loud and clear even as I wear nose mask
E get another scenario wey happen again for God is Good park during dat Covid-19 period, one lady open her food na once I knw say na ewa-agoyin she dey eat evn as I wear nose mask
Shey dis nose mask dey work like dis?

Let me correct you as science teacher: your sense of perceiving aroma or odour is not only the nose, the molecules pass through the ear to the throat and back to olfactory lobe.
2 nose mask doesn't 💯 remove or prevent. It helps reduce
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by PaulH07: 10:11pm On Mar 18
Jennyclay:
There are some things I can’t perceive. undecided

If I slightly perceive the odour of fuel I throw up instantly and I will be sick for like 3 hours. embarassed

Biko, always wear nose mask, we inhale too much nonsense in this country that could cause damages in our body system undecided

But I know the odour of sperm won't shake you when giving a sloppy head undecided
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Emdebby2: 10:11pm On Mar 18
Self-inflicted death.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by PHAYOL81: 10:15pm On Mar 18
Hmmmmm! That's an eye opener.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by dominique(f): 10:22pm On Mar 18
Ishilove:
I accidentally inhaled sniper last week and till now I am still battling cough, a tight chest and catarrh, talk less of paint fumes. Hell no.

I think sniper is a harsher chemical that chemicals used to produce paint. I can't stay in a room where sniper has been sprayed but just can stay in freshly painted rooms wella
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by ADSP116(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18
One of a thousand ways to die
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by ndukwejoe(m): 11:11pm On Mar 18
Same here
tefishy:
Never knew paint could be these hazardous.

RIP
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by dopamean: 11:20pm On Mar 18
dominique:
RIP to the deceased. This could be as a result of poor ventilation in the houses that are being constructed nowadays. Either that or he slept with the windows shut preventing fresh air from coming in to diffuse the fumes from chemicals used to make the paint. Or the death is totally unrelated with inhaling the paint. I love taking in deep breaths in newly painted rooms, I've never been affected by it in any way. It is possible that he had a preexisting heart condition.

Which heart condition are you talking about?
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by mastermaestro(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18
Sabadon:

There is more to this than the painting itself. Many households engage in minimal renovation of their homes every year, which mostly includes painting. We hardly hear any awkward stories afterwards.

This death needs thorough investigation, not hasty pedestrian conclusions.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by BALLOSKI: 6:14am On Mar 19
Jennyclay:

If I slightly perceive the odour of fuel I throw up instantly and I will be sick for like 3 hours. embarassed

Biko, always wear nose mask, we inhale too much nonsense in this country that could cause damages in our body system undecided
I heard 2 ladies expressing these allergies yesterday based on their experiences when we stopped to get fuel at a filling station.

My question is, does this only happen to women?
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by AfDapone: 7:02am On Mar 19
Jennyclay:

In this situation, you can't wear a nose mask to sleep. It still leads to the same consequence. The best is to avoid the environment.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by YangaBabe: 8:42am On Mar 19
Another painter lost, rip to him.
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by ZekeYeager: 2:05pm On Mar 20
I always feel my chest tighten and I develop respirator issues when I find myself in a freshly painted room.

Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man has lost his life after experiencing heart complications believed to be linked to freshly painted walls.

According to a post by Senator Shehu Sani, the man undertook the task of painting his room and, tragically, decided to sleep in it the same night while the paint was still wet. This decision would prove to have fatal consequences, as he later developed severe heart complications.

In his post on social media, Senator Shehu Sani expressed his condolences, writing:

Senator Shehu Sani
Re: Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) by Davehasmadeit(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20
Blessedarethepe:

What's milk in this
Don't you know liquid milk washes away accumulated toxic substances inhaled in the lungs, hence welders, construction workers etc are advice to take liquid milk after each days work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fawaz Alabi Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos / Ebonyi State College Of Nursing And Midwifery Uburu In Pictures / COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.