Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? (1512 Views)

Dealers Come And Buy, Highlander 2004 @1.3 Negotiable / ♻️ Get To Know The Car Accident History Before You Buy♻️ +234-8060365068 ♻️♻️ / Would You Buy This "Okada" For N340million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by DarlingtonC: 6:04pm On Mar 18
The vehicle engine overheats. So let's assume I will change the engine.

The owner is wiling to let go at 4.5m.

Please what do you think about the deal?
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by DarlingtonC: 6:07pm On Mar 18
Kingreign
Manuella4ace
Dozieson
Nurey
Bonshak
Greggng
RichIgboboy
kingbee90
Stephen0mozzy
Nazgul
Kenosky1
being
Ravenna
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by DarlingtonC: 6:10pm On Mar 18
Please I need input
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Michael547(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18
DarlingtonC:

What location is the vehicle?
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by huptin(m): 6:42pm On Mar 18
It's a good deal, if you are sure that that's the only problem with it.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by SamuelLoch: 6:51pm On Mar 18
DarlingtonC:

Why not use that N4.5m plus the cost of another engine to get yourself a nice vehicle?
Do you know the cause(s) of the overheating engine problem?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by bet9ja(m): 7:24pm On Mar 18
SamuelLoch:

Why not use that N4.5m plus the cost of another engine to get yourself a nice vehicle?
Do you know the cause of the overheating engine problem?

If i were you. I would listen to this advise. 4.5m is not easy to save, don't gamble with it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Nazgul: 7:30pm On Mar 18
DarlingtonC:
Kingreign
Manuella4ace
Dozieson
Nurey
Bonshak
Greggng
RichIgboboy
kingbee90
Stephen0mozzy
Nazgul
Kenosky1
being
Ravenna
I can assure you that overheating isn't the only problem that car has.

You can close eyes and buy a new engine and enjoy it for 2 weeks only to to discover that it jerks whenever you engage the gear... then you'll be told to get a new gear box and on and on and on...you'll keep on spending money until you get frustrated and sell it off just like the previous owner.

This is why I don't advise people to buy Nigerian used cars. Cos more than 70% of them are problematic. Those problems are the reason the owner is selling it. Only very few are in good shape.

If you want my advice, I'll tell you to add the cost of the new engine to the 4.5m you have and go for the tokumbo. Cos it would be within that price range.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:03pm On Mar 18
Nazgul:

You can close eyes and buy a new engine and enjoy it for 2 weeks only to to discover that it jerks whenever you engage the gear... then you'll be told to get a new gear box and on and on and on...you'll keep on spending money until you get frustrated and sell it off just like the previous owner.

This is why I don't advise people to buy Nigerian used cars. Cos more than 70% of them are problematic. Those problems are the reason the owner is selling it. Only very few are in good shape.

If you want my advice, I'll tell you to add the cost of the new engine to the 4.5m you have and go for the tokumbo. Cos it would be within that price range.
the toks of a 2008 Highlander is way over 8m presently though I agree with you not to go for this one because after changing engine for 1m plus then if gear self get issue that's about 1.5m from there blood pressure go high sad shocked

1 Like

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by greggng: 8:09pm On Mar 18
SamuelLoch:

Do you know the cause of the overheating engine problem?

This advice is the best do far . Bu the time hand touch the gasket other issues will be coming up ..regret and hard I known will become your companion

1 Like

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Wannabenz: 8:12pm On Mar 18
Pay 3m only for it.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Fogman(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18
oladipuposadeeq:
the toks of a 2008 Highlander is way over 8m presently though I agree with you not to go for this one because after changing engine for 1m plus then if gear self get issue that's about 1.5m from there blood pressure go high sad shocked

Toks is way above 11m. Naija used is price within the range of N8m.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18
Fogman:

Toks is way above 11m. Naija used is price within the range of N8m.
can you just imagine 😪
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by demolagilbert: 9:27pm On Mar 18
Op you see 08 Highlander at 4.5m and you are still asking questions. Even after factoring cost of replacement engine which may or may not be necessary pending determination of that by a mecho that knows his onions, it is still a good deal with the prices out there.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by kingbee90: 1:04am On Mar 19
DarlingtonC:

08 Toyota highlander for 4.5m is a good deal even if you are buying a new engine + TRANSMISSION because toks is around 11/12m while naija used is around 7/8m.
But that's if the suv still has a gd interior and exterior. Is it still first body? or filler/body work has been done on the body.
Also check the electrical system if it's still on factory mode.
If all these check out, BUY IT.

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Manuella4ace: 1:34am On Mar 19
If it's only engine overheating, fine and good.
But if you're telling me 2008 Highlander for 4.5m, hmmm check well, you're not wiser than the seller.

Your 4.5m should get you better car.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Gadafii: 5:12am On Mar 19
kingbee90:

08 Toyota highlander for 4.5m is a good deal even if you are buying a new engine + TRANSMISSION because toks is around 11/12m while naija used is around 7/8m.
But that's if the suv still has a gd interior and exterior. Is it still first body? or filler/body work has been done on the body.
Also check the electrical system if it's still on factory mode.
If all these check out, BUY IT.
you think the seller don’t know what the toks of that car is and still decided to sell it that low citing engine problem only??
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by DARLINGTON869(m): 6:14am On Mar 19
Just be 100 percent sure it's not a stolen vehicle. Make sure you conduct proper diagnosis and checks on the vehicle to ascertain it was legitimately acquired by the seller.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:29am On Mar 19
Baba go buy corolla or find nigeria used camry 2009 buy
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by RichIgboBoy: 9:58am On Mar 19
DarlingtonC:
Kingreign
Manuella4ace
Dozieson
Nurey
Bonshak
Greggng
RichIgboboy
kingbee90
Stephen0mozzy
Nazgul
Kenosky1
being
Ravenna
that money will get you a neatly used Toyota corolla, don’t gamble such amount for that highlander.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by RichIgboBoy: 9:59am On Mar 19
DarlingtonC:
Kingreign
Manuella4ace
Dozieson
Nurey
Bonshak
Greggng
RichIgboboy
kingbee90
Stephen0mozzy
Nazgul
Kenosky1
being
Ravenna
that money will get you a neatly used Toyota corolla 2009 and above, don’t gamble such amount on that highlander.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by kingbee90: 10:43am On Mar 19
RichIgboBoy:
that money will get you a neatly used Toyota corolla 2009 and above, don’t gamble such amount on that highlander.

I only gave him my piece of advice. Maybe the dude needs an suv & not a saloon car(sedan).
He can also buy it to fix, resell and make some profit.
If I stumble on such opportunity & everything checks out, I will buy the car, buy a new engine, do the interior upholstery (to make it sharper) flash the exterior and resell.

He can make a profit of 2 to 2.5m from the deal.
That's how car dealers make their money.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Wizdom0091: 11:31am On Mar 19
bet9ja:

If i were you. I would listen to this advise. 4.5m is not easy to save, don't gamble with it.

SamuelLoch

Coming from someone who's moniker Is bet9ja I would take the advise and not gamble
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Fogman(m): 12:34pm On Mar 19
DarlingtonC:

I am available for this deal if you eventually reject it.
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by SamuelLoch: 1:28pm On Mar 19
Wizdom0091:

SamuelLoch

Coming from someone who's moniker Is bet9ja I would take the advise and not gamble

grin
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by DedanKimathi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 19
DarlingtonC:

Darlington are u sure you're serious nd want to buy a car or jeep?
If truly you are serious WhatsApp me at the number below...

NOTE: I am not a car dealer yet but I'm learning the trade with one of the biggest Auto dealers in Festac Lagos.

With 4.5m I assure you they are varying options at STECO AUTO GIANTS. I mean options that are better and 100% sound than 08 Highlander with nothing to fix.

Don't wallow in ignorance, seeing is believing
I will never ask you of penny untill you have made a bargain of your choice.

Just try, there is no harm in trial.. 0.8.0.6.1.9.7.6.9.4.3
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by DarlingtonC: 5:35pm On Mar 19
kingbee90:

I only gave him my piece of advice. Maybe the dude needs an suv & not a saloon car(sedan).
He can also buy it to fix, resell and make some profit.
If I stumble on such opportunity & everything checks out, I will buy the car, buy a new engine, do the interior upholstery (to make it sharper) flash the exterior and resell.

He can make a profit of 2 to 2.5m from the deal.
That's how car dealers make their money.
Please how much will it cost to do all of this? Please, Can you do a quick estimate for me?
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by zeenaman: 5:38pm On Mar 19
Nazgul:

Sorry for the digression please, I'm thinking of buying direct Belgium peugeot 406 manual transmission for 5m. Do you think that's a good buy?
Re: Guys, Please Will You Buy Highlander 2008 For 4.5m? by Nazgul: 1:54pm On Mar 20
zeenaman:
Sorry for the digression please, I'm thinking of buying direct Belgium peugeot 406 manual transmission for 5m. Do you think that's a good buy?
It's not a bad buy, but considering that it's manual, price him 4.5m. He'll accept once he sees you're serious.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shipping Vehicles From Dallas,texas To Lagos / Why Are Used/2nd Hand Kia, Hyundai Etc Cars Rare ? ? ? / Nissan Primera 1996 Saloon For Sale @ 620k (negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.