Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting (459 Views)

Nigerian Tweeps Boycott Erisco Products Over Bullying, Intimidation Of Chioma / Are We Not Boycotting Northern Cows Again?" - Joe Igbokwe / Items, Goods And Products Nigerians Should Boycott (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by NLCreator: 6:58pm On Mar 18
Refuses to move threads about Erisco Foods founder using the police to harass, bully, and intimidate a helpless mother to the front page.

Tinubu supporters, redpillers, and human rights violators are some of the people supporting the injustice.

dominique:

She insinuated that the product was killing people, how worse can someone demarket a product? She has to go to court and prove beyond doubts that the product has actually killed someone or made them ill. I'll make sure I request for that product when next I go grocery shopping

https://www.nairaland.com/8033436/erisco-foods-traders-lament-low#128983190

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by EmiloCorn: 6:59pm On Mar 18
Dominique have you not gone to grocery shop yet? undecided abi seun never pay? cool

Tell us make we go drag am commot for twitter if him never pay wink

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by Foreverly02: 7:00pm On Mar 18
Hmm
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 7:01pm On Mar 18
Dominique, you still haven't responded to my reply on the other thread. Show me where Chioma said the Erisco Foods is killing people. If you can't, then you should apologise to her.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 7:07pm On Mar 18
EmiloCorn:
Dominique have you not gone to grocery shop yet? undecided abi seun never pay? cool

Tell us make we go drag am commot for twitter if him never pay wink

šŸ˜‚
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by RenaissanceGuy: 7:44pm On Mar 18
123456789O:
Dominique, you still haven't responded to my reply on the other thread. Show me where Chioma said the Erisco Foods is killing people. If you can't, then you should apologise to her.
She said so. I saw the screenshot myself. That was where she shot herself in the foot.
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 7:47pm On Mar 18
RenaissanceGuy:
She said so. I saw the screenshot myself. That was where she shot herself in the foot.

Oya show me... Where she said so... I dey wait.
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by Nice2023(m): 7:54pm On Mar 18
Yesterday,I wanted to buy some sweets for my children as I was about to pick the chocolates I then found out it was erisco.

I left it for other products.

I can't tolerate any man who maltreats women and has no sympathy for women.

There was a time people said indomie was killing people,did the CEO of indomie noodles sue anybody.

People's reviews differs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by vowiski(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18
90% of Nigerians are more Emotional than Logicalā€¦ and no nation can move forward with that kind of mindsetā€¦

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 8:45pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

Oya show me... Where she said so... I dey wait.

LOL, them no go answer you again. Nothing dey their head. No dey take Tinubu supporters seriously.

Dominique, RenaissanceGuy, follow this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/8029996/fact-check-chioma-never-said#128929183

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 8:46pm On Mar 18
Nice2023:
Yesterday,I wanted to buy some sweets for my children as I was about to pick the chocolates I then found out it was erisco.

I left it for other products.

I can't tolerate any man who maltreats women and has no sympathy for women.

There was a time people said indomie was killing people,did the CEO of indomie noodles sue anybody.

People's reviews differs.

You dey mind them? Heartless people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by WorldRichest: 9:09pm On Mar 18
NLCreator:
Refuses to move threads about Erisco Foods founder using the police to harass, bully, and intimidate a helpless mother to the front page.

Tinubu supporters, redpillers, and human rights violators are some of the people supporting the injustice.

If you concentrate on your life, maybe you would not beg for food like those before you.

If you are s true son of your father, go and post nonsense about the same product on Facebook or Instagram, let's see how many years you will spend behind the bar
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 9:20pm On Mar 18
APCNGN:

LOL, them no go answer you again. Nothing dey their head. No dey take Tinubu supporters seriously.

Dominique, RenaissanceGuy, follow this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/8029996/fact-check-chioma-never-said#128929183

šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by dominique(f): 9:30pm On Mar 18
NLCreator:

If you like create 1001 threads about this issue, those that will buy the product will buy it and that includes me. Oya go and create another thread.
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by dominique(f): 9:37pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

If she didn't imply that the product was killing people in the screenshot below, she should go and explain what the asterisks between the letters stand for. Is the product kissing people? if so she should provide proof. Is it Kinning or kinging people, if so she should prove it! If you defame my product I have a right to sue you to court.

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 9:43pm On Mar 18
dominique:

If she didn't imply that the product was killing people in the post below, she should go and explain what thr asterisks between the letters stand for. Is the product kissing people. if so she should provide proof. Is it Kinning or kinging people, if so she should prove it! If you defame my product I have a right to sue you to court.

What about "kidding"? It would make a lot of sense. See my post regarding it and screenshot. Also follow the thread to learn more. You canā€™t charge Chioma with a criminal offence using an unknown or ambiguous word as "proving beyond reasonable doubt".. Eric is the one that used the police to prosecute Chioma. So, they're the ones that'll explain to the court what Chioma had in mind.

123456789O:
I agree 100%! I wonder where those parading "killing" got it from. Going by their logic, why not use "kidding"? Stop kidding people with your product will also make sense. "Kidding people with your product" would mean to deceive (someone) with your product. Nawa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 9:48pm On Mar 18
Dominique and Co assigned a meaning to "ki***ing".. Una go tell me if una be mind readers. Make una explain to court how una manage to hack into Chioma's mind to know the exact word she was referring to. šŸ¤” šŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by dominique(f): 9:49pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

What about "kidding"? It would make a lot of sense. See my post regarding it and screenshot. Also follow the thread to learn more. You canā€™t charge Chioma with a criminal offence using an unknown or ambiguous word as "proving beyond reasonable doubt".. Eric is the one that used the police to prosecute Chioma. So, they're the ones that'll explain to the court what Chioma had in mind.

If that's what she meant she should go and explain in the court. She has already been subpoenaed and the complainant is not backing down. She should go to court and explain what she meant by ki****ng.
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by killsmith(f): 9:50pm On Mar 18
Coneheaded people have zero sense of justice. They will always side with the oppressors because it is ingrained in their DNA to worship and prostrate to oppressors and endure oppression.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 9:58pm On Mar 18
dominique:

If that's what she meant she should go and explain in the court. She has already been subpoenaed and the complainant is not backing down. She should go to court and explain what she meant by ki****ng.

No, you already concluded it's "killing" na. So explain.

Also, what we are fighting against is the use of the police to harass and intimidate the woman. Take her to court and allow the court do its thing. But no. Una preemptively assigned meaning to an ambiguous word, while Eric continued to use the police to harass her. Why not let the court handle it?

Una go judge her on SM. Once we ask for explanation or tear una lame accusation, una go begin regurgitate una rehashed "go to court" line. Nawa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by dominique(f): 10:04pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

Also, what we are fighting against is the use of the police to harass and intimidate the woman. Take her to court and allow the court do its thing. But no. Una preemptively assigned meaning to an ambiguous word, while Eric continued to use the police to harass her. Why not let the court handle it?

Una go judge her on SM. Once we ask for explanation or tear una lame accusation, una go begin regurgitate una rehashed "go to court" line. Nawa o

Why is she so apprehensive about going to court if her intentions were pure. I expected her to have counter-sued by now for harassment and intimidation. She should take the fight off social media and go to court!
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 10:04pm On Mar 18
dominique:

If she didn't imply that the product was killing people in the screenshot below, she should go and explain what the asterisks between the letters stand for. Is the product kissing people? if so she should provide proof. Is it Kinning or kinging people, if so she should prove it! If you defame my product I have a right to sue you to court.

You go school at all? How is "ki***ing" an 8-character word same with "killing" a 7-character word?

How did you know what she was referring to? Even if you want to bring it down to 7 character, why "killing" and not "kidding" or any other countless of words beginning with "ki" and ending with "ing"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 10:05pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

Keep lecturing her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 10:09pm On Mar 18
dominique:

Why is she so apprehensive about going to court if her intentions were pure. I expected her to have counter-sued by now for harassment and intimidation. She should take the fight off social media and go to court!

Madam, she's not apprehensive. The police are intimidating her. Case that happened in Lagos, where both party live, they moved it to Abuja to frustrate her. Accused her of "frustrating the case" because people are donating to help her with the case. She's being harassed. Her apartment was invaded. Is that how to prosecute the case? The intention is to intimidate her. If not, why is Eric asking her for 5 billion in the police station? Police station na court?

Do you know Eric's method of handling the case would work against even if, for the purpose of this argument, Chioma is guilty?

Also, are you aware ECOWAS court has declared the Cyber Crimes Act section Eric and the police are relying on null and void?

So, why not allow the Nigerian court Handle the case? Why the harassment?
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by dominique(f): 10:11pm On Mar 18
APCNGN:

You go school at all? How is "ki***ing" an 8-character word same with "killing" a 7-character word? shocked[b]

How did you know what she was referring to? Even if you want to bring it down to 7 character, why "killing" and not "killing" or any other countless of words beginning with "ki" and ending with "ing"?

It seems you dropped out at jss2. I wrote she insinuated in my post, go and consult your dictionary if you don't know what it means

She should go to court and explain what EXACTLY she meant. How bleeping hard is this?
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 10:12pm On Mar 18
dominique:

She's countersued already for 500 million naira. You're not following the case sef but you dun judge her finish
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 10:14pm On Mar 18
dominique:

It seems you dropped out at jss2. I wrote she insinuated in my post, go and consult your dictionary if you don't know what it means

She should go to court and explain what EXACTLY she meant. How bleeping hard is this?

You're the one that need the school more. You insinuated killing. I asked for explanation. How did you arrive at "killing"? Are you a god? Are you Chioma herself? Why not kidding?

Wait, are you seriously going to tell the court that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by dominique(f): 10:17pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

She's countersued already for 500 million naira. You're not following the case sef but you dun judge her finish

I actually don't care about the case, what irks me is how social media users are demanding people to boycott the product and are attacking those that refuse to join their herd. Is that not the same bullying and intimidation they're accusing erisco of?
Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 10:23pm On Mar 18
dominique:

I actually don't care about the case, what irks me is how social media users are demanding people to boycott the product and are attacking those that refuse to join their herd. Is that not the same bullying and intimidation they're accusing erisco of?

No, what should irk you more is how people, particularly Tinubu supporters, would side evil without bothering to hear from all sides.

No one is attacking you. Criticising you is not "attacking" you in the way you mean it. I think that's what triggered Eric to embark on his wild goose chase. Learn to hear from all side. I took my time to go through all sides before pitching tent with Chioma.

I hope when she's eventually exonerated, you'll personally create a thread on this Politics section and apologise to her? And also move the thread to the front page, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by 123456789O: 10:25pm On Mar 18
dominique:

Sorry, the onus is on the prosecutor to explain how "ki***ing" equates "killing"..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 10:31pm On Mar 18
dominique:

Like 123456789O rightly said, it's the prosecutor that'll be proving beyond every reasonable doubt that "ki***ing" means "killing," that's how it works.

Had it been it was Chioma that sued Erisco alleging his products are killing people, then the onus would be on her to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Good luck to you and Erisco!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Moderator Offers To Purchase Erisco Products Nigerians Are Boycotting by APCNGN: 10:31pm On Mar 18
123456789O:

No, what should irk you more is how people, particularly Tinubu supporters, would side evil without bothering to hear from all sides.

No one is attacking you. Criticising you is not "attacking" you in the way you mean it. I think that's what triggered Eric to embark on his wild goose chase. Learn to hear from all side. I took my time to go through all sides before pitching tent with Chioma.

I hope when she's eventually exonerated, you'll personally create a thread on this Politics section and apologise to her? And also move the thread to the front page, right?

Well said!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bobrisky Wins ā€œbest Dressed Femaleā€ N1million At Beast Of 2 Worlds Movie Premier / How Soon Should We Expect The Downward Costs Of Goods And Services / Nairaland Should Verify Articles Before Pushing It To Front Page. See This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.