Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense (31542 Views)

Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Lemos14: 6:34am On Mar 19
735i:

Lol. I don't care about the likes tbh. I once disqualified a chap interviewing for Senior Associate role in investment banking because not only did he not understand it, he actually insisted he was right till the very end of the interview.
This was despite my trying repeatedly to break it down for him.
It's mind boggling how people are not open to learning and unlearning.

See how you're saying rubbish with confidence on a public forum thinking you're a genius. These are the people supporting tinubu. Empty barrels. Go to your comment on the first page and see what you typed again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Eriokanmi: 6:36am On Mar 19
735i:
It is impossible for a currency to depreciate by over 100%. This is shabby reporting.
It's true that the currencies listed have performed very badly, but their computations are wrong.

For a currency to be negative 100, it means that you holding the currency is you owing in USD, which is impossible.
The rate of the naira in 2015 to the dollar was 216. How much is it today? Multiply 216 by 2( that's 100% depreciation already. Today, its over 1500. That rate quoted was even low sef. If you multiply 216 by 6, it will still not give you the current exchange rate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by bluefilm: 6:47am On Mar 19
He built Lagos, they claim

But when the time to build nigeria came, his cement turn to sawdust

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Goldbw122(m): 6:49am On Mar 19
They all know what they are doing.
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Snowx: 7:06am On Mar 19
APC only feed on propaganda, today they will tell you naira appreciate from 1604 to 1603, tomorrow they tell you is no longer 1603 but 1350. Go to Twitter you will see APC foot soldiers and sycophants how they are messing up there because some of their social media agents are been paid stipends to destroy constructive criticism against Tinubulation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by CannibalTorment: 7:08am On Mar 19
Gggjhhj:

You too like play, sometimes I wonder if you think before typing, keep supporting nonsense, sensible people that support tinibu DAE abroad dae support am, hunger go kill you for this naija, tribalism had taking 100 per cent of you, you think everything you have to say should be about spiting obi, funnily I no Igbo person o, but you don't just have sense

The people you are supporting don't care about you, stop living in delusion.
Tinibu son dae ball with Richard mille, I believe your highest bought wrist watch may not have exceeded 15k.
The other day I saw abachas family balling, the ones that supports them like you may still be suffering
You think because you are in Nigeria suffering and hunger is killing you, everyone is suffering, poverty-stricken ridden mentally has crushed you, I am not a member of your family, I am in Goshen, no suffering or hungry, infact USA food they purge me, keep your poverty and hunger
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Villa12(m): 7:11am On Mar 19
CannibalTorment:
Peter girigory Obi was disgraceful defeated by eze-chukwu Tinubu of Igbo land
you don chop Mr Ronu?

1 Like

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by donbrowser(m): 7:12am On Mar 19
Namaster:
Tinubu is in over his heads. He has no idea what he is doing in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not Lagos. Nigeria is a 1000X more TUMULTUOUS with actors whose stock in trade is sabotaging the government.

His questionable history doesn't help. His lopsided appointments make things worse. He hands out appointments like a kid handing out lollipops at his birthday party—overlooking people who deserve it because they are not his "friends".

He has won politics in Nigeria. It's time to resign and go back to Bourdillion.

Ordinary South Sudan that gained independence in 2011 has a currency that is doing better than Naira.

Tinubu has failed!

Relocate to South Sudan

1 Like

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by tctrills: 7:14am On Mar 19
735i:
It is impossible for a currency to depreciate by over 100%. This is shabby reporting.
It's true that the currencies listed have performed very badly, but their computations are wrong.

For a currency to be negative 100, it means that you holding the currency is you owing in USD, which is impossible.
Oga at least, you should research before exposing yourself.
Now if your currency was 1:1 to the dollar and then it falls to 5:1 to the dollar, by how many percent would you say it depreciated?
It's clear that you are intelligent but you seem to be overthinking a very simple matter.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by CannibalTorment: 7:15am On Mar 19
phorget:

This una stolen victory still dey shack una sha, can you swear with amadioha that Tilumbu truly won the election without any external interferences? If you have the heart then let's fix a date, it's my bet that you wont last 7days after you've swore.
Now that Ebola is in the driver seat how exactly has the country faired? I dont know why you people are so concerned about winning an election but good governance seems not to be your business.
Stolen victory? because only Igbos are voting in Nigeria? common don't be deluded, Tinubu won the election square and fair, he stole the victory but cannot steal Lagos, Abuja and Igbo states? empty your cup and clear your eyes from deception.
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Kingrshd3: 7:20am On Mar 19
Namaster:

Nigeria is not Lagos. Nigeria is a 1000X more TUMULTUOUS with actors whose stock in trade is sabotaging the government.

His questionable history doesn't help. His lopsided appointments make things worse. He hands out appointments like a kid handing out lollipops at his birthday party—overlooking people who deserve it because they are not his "friends".

Ordinary South Sudan that gained independence in 2011 has a currency that is doing better than Naira.

Tinubu has failed!

Shutup how many president have passed even before Tinubu which of them have turned Nigeria to U.S .

because u are saying it as if it's not same set of people ruling us since independence..

Abeg go sitdon
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by CannibalTorment: 7:21am On Mar 19
Tochi360:

Shut up jareh shameless tribalist,so You expect me to start doing tribal gbasgbos with you😁 you are not serious,the woman who sold her children,the ones carrying human head, mining their skulls,the one that is kidnapping full community,all are criminals,there are criminals in every Tribe but shameless Tribalistic hatefilled soul like You refutes this reality.
If You like cry from now till eternity,I go still hit your head with the truth and reality, people from all Tribes agree that Tinubu is a COLLOSAL FAILURE this is what is obtainable in REALITY.

Abi na Obi se make market Women wan beat am for being such a FULL SCALE FAILURE NI grin grin
You are embittered Peter girigory Obi lost election, shameless tribalist, that is why you are running from pillar to post, Tinubu till 2031, if you like continue blabbering and bicker, Peter girigory Obi was disgraceful defeated and crushed by eze-chukwu Tinubu, a failure cannot see success, what you are is what you see.
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by phemray(m): 7:25am On Mar 19
Namaster:

Tinubu has failed!

South Sudan at 2011 and Nigeria at 1960, anyway sha Nigeria currency was stronger at the beginning. The military policies killed us first then the politicians started the burial. Maybe soon one day Nigeria will resurrect.
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by CannibalTorment: 7:27am On Mar 19
Villa12:
you don chop Mr Ronu?
chop at 01:26 am in the night? Chinese chicken is waiting for me in the morning
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by surgical: 7:30am On Mar 19
phorget:

This una stolen victory still dey shack una sha, can you swear with amadioha that Tilumbu truly won the election without any external interferences? If you have the heart then let's fix a date, it's my bet that you wont last 7days after you've swore.
Now that Ebola is in the driver seat how exactly has the country faired? I dont know why you people are so concerned about winning an election but good governance seems not to be your business.
Because they are idiots,they think democracy is like Premiership where you can support teams without consequences but election is different it has consequences, their inability to grasp that makes them idiotic
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by petechs(m): 7:30am On Mar 19
Feintline:
Remove argetina from that list. The new President has given the country an incredible turnaround in less than 3 months.

The new president is a peter obi like person that leads by personal example.
Argentina is on a massive rebound.
The president has dealt a fatal blow to corruption beginning from himself, his ministers and so on.

In the case of Nigeria.
Tinubu himself is the corruption ceazer.
He grabbed power on a platform of corruption and criminality.

In the words of Daniel bwala, if you like give tinubu 30yrs, there is nothing he will do.

Like Peter Obi rebound and turn Anambra to New York.. clap for yourself. Nonsense write-up for the gullible.
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by bobofellaini(m): 7:43am On Mar 19
Feintline:
Remove argetina from that list. The new President has given the country an incredible turnaround in less than 3 months.

The new president is a peter obi like person that leads by personal example.
Argentina is on a massive rebound.
The president has dealt a fatal blow to corruption beginning from himself, his ministers and so on.

In the case of Nigeria.
Tinubu himself is the corruption ceazer.
He grabbed power on a platform of corruption and criminality.

In the words of Daniel bwala, if you like give tinubu 30yrs, there is nothing he will do.
It is YoY Sir not only 3months performance

1 Like

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Corroro: 8:02am On Mar 19
Sad one cry, naira don cast big time. lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by fineboynl(m): 8:03am On Mar 19
Most governors cannot even work with the even of the allocation is so doubled because the inflation is more than 109%.

Building infrastructure or repair of road expenses have been more than doubled. Cement, iron, roofing and feeding is not easy for anyone not even the government.

The states are more poorer just within a year. Truth is bitter is why alot of people are not talking
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by 79733139(m): 8:07am On Mar 19
735i:

It is not impossible for a currency to depreciate by over 100%. Negative percentage means depreciation, whilst positive percentage means appreciation. If you don't understand how that type of statistic is reported check Google or CHATGPT.

Just like in inflation/deflation reporting, positive percentage means inflation, whilst negative percentage means deflation.
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by sterlingD(m): 8:19am On Mar 19
Hezmatosky:
Obasanjo said something about Zimbabwe and people here were raining abuses on him. Surprisingly there's no Zimbabwe on the list. Ooh our dear Nigeria is gone cry
I was going to ask too

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:20am On Mar 19
735i:

I need to go and return your parents money, the fund they spent on your education needs to be quickly refunded

And also don’t forget to apologize to all your teachers and lecturers for wasting their time

1 Like

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:21am On Mar 19
Propaganda is your meal
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Treadway: 8:24am On Mar 19
Lemos14:

See how you're saying rubbish with confidence on a public forum thinking you're a genius. These are the people supporting tinubu. Empty barrels. Go to your comment on the first page and see what you typed again
more concerning is that he considers himself a 'smart' investment banker. Talk about a square peg in a round hole. What is most concerning is my pal politeactivist somehow also concluded he is right. How??

1 Like

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by fawaz050(m): 8:32am On Mar 19
735i:

For a currency to be negative 100, it means that you holding the currency is you owe in USD, which is impossible.

Lol, tell me more.

1 Like

Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by Revolva(m): 8:39am On Mar 19
Thank God Jagaban go see d news
Re: Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense by CartelKenneth: 8:42am On Mar 19
Jacobayo12:
Time brings changes

No tinubu brings changes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Two Women Fight At Bank ATM (video) / Name That Thing(s) You Bought And Later Regret Buying. / Elon Musk Names Linda Yaccarino As Twitter's New CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.