Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission (7490 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Gbajabiamila Chief Of Staff / Governor Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folasade Coker As Executive Secretary Of LJLA / BREAKING: Jubilations At TETFUND As Buhari Fires Executive Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by adenigga(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18
President Bola Tinubu has made adjustments to earlier appointments he approveat the National Commission for Almajiri and Out-of-School Children Education.

Brigadier-General Lawal Isa (retd.), whom he appointed Executive Secretary on March 15, will now serve as chairman of the commission.

Dr. Idris Sani will now serve as its executive secretary/CEO.

The President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, revealed this in a statement he signed Monday evening titled ‘President Tinubu appoints new Almajiri Education Commission leadership team.’

“Brigadier-General Lawal Ja’afar Isa (Rtd) is now to serve as the Chairman of the Board of the Commission, while Dr. Idris Sani is to serve as the Executive Secretary/CEO,” the statement read.

Sani replaces Sha’aban Sharada, who served as the commission’s pioneer leader since its creation in May 2023.

On May 28, 2023, former President Muhammadu Buhari assented to the National Commission for Almajiri and Out of School Children Education Bill 2023 and appointed Sharada, the outgoing Member of the House of Representatives for Kano Municipal, as Executive Secretary.

A former military administrator of Kaduna State from 1993 to 1996, Ngelale described Isa as a respected leader.

Meanwhile, Sani holds master’s and doctorate degrees in Islamic Studies.

He was the Director-General, Al-Iman School Lafia; Commissioner, Basic/Secondary Education, Yobe State; Chairman, Nigerian Arabic Language Village, Borno State; Member, Nasarawa State Government Committee on Enlightenment Campaign, and Secretary-General, Association of Private Schools in Nasarawa State.

The President expects that the new appointees will “bring their vast experience into the management of this critical Commission, which impacts the very core of society, by ensuring that his administration’s drive to guarantee Nigeria’s out-of-school children the most comprehensive education is realized in the superseding interest of the nation’s future,” said Ngelale.
Source: https://punchng.com/Tinubu-appoints-chairman-executive-secretary-for-Almajiri-commission

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by AmakaTips2: 10:15pm On Mar 18
Forget all this appointment of a thing, Nigeria is hungry

Contact me for your CV., project, dissertation, thesis, proposal, PowerPoint and turnitun check.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by 89green: 10:21pm On Mar 18
grin Tinubu till 6069, if you don't agree, go to court
My urchins abi wetin una say i talk?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Aboks(m): 10:28pm On Mar 18
Chairman of future terrorists affairs
Congrats

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Lumarstone: 10:31pm On Mar 18
I'm of the view that those appointed to serve in this commission will justify the hope reposed in them by making sure that the present crops of almagires are not recruited by bandits terrorists Boko Haram sect. If this commission do the needful, the lost glory of NE, NW, AND NC will be restored in the nearest future.

The negative impact already created in the mind of this children in northern Nigeria will take longer time before it will be reseted.

I left..!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by adenigga(m): 10:52pm On Mar 18
Aboks:
Chairman of future terrorists affairs

Congrats
Confirmed........

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Zico5(m): 8:02am On Mar 19
Tinubu is just making appointments over appointments without proffering solution to the lingering economic problems facing the country.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by bigdammyj: 8:03am On Mar 19
Noted.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by FreedomArmy: 8:03am On Mar 19
The most useless appointment ever made

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Candreva: 8:04am On Mar 19
Ok
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by WantsandMore: 8:04am On Mar 19
Goodluck Jonathan go just dey smile for one corner

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Dpharisee: 8:05am On Mar 19
Waste of time and resources, all the schools built and equipped by Goodluck Jonathan administration were abandoned by Northern governors, if you educate the Almajiri their children will have competitors like in the South where if you advertise one vacant position you will have more than 5000 qualified candidates scrambling for it under quota system while the North will be begging politicians children to apply and they will be making inyanga and selecting only juicy parastatals.

I saw the Governor of Sokoto State breaking his fast with an Almajiri boy here yesterday and some political hediots who litter this forum where praising him as a sign of his humility as if there are Almajiris in Riyadh Saudi Arabia or Qatar that Tinubu went to beg them to come and invest in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by maivd: 8:05am On Mar 19
Why appoint and even have an agency for such a despicable thing. They should engineer a way almajiri and out of school children should become a serious offense and carry capital punishment. Creating an agency for them means it has to exist,government is indirectly fuelling almajiri.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by tefishy(m): 8:06am On Mar 19
Almajiri has no socio-economic relevance. It is a political tool weaponized for election purposes

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Judolisco(m): 8:07am On Mar 19
Must we have almajiri commission... Why can't u tell northerners to stop giving birth to children they can't take care of? Dis children grow up with little or no love....kai...

Dis thing na common sense oh... Any kid found roaming around during sch hours... Arrest their parents...

I was shocked when I went for my masters in futminna, d amount of almajiri kids roaming d streets, infact d first question I asked in class was, why are there so many child beggers in d streets and what's d government doing about it

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by AbujaLagos: 8:08am On Mar 19
If government no take care of them, street will take care of them
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Demurray: 8:09am On Mar 19
Na appointment we go chop? Abeg fix the economy or nothing!
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Nbote(m): 8:11am On Mar 19
We continue to indulge bad things while complaining about the evils in the society. Abeg what is Almajiri Commission? Are we not encouraging these ppl to keep birthing children they can't take care of?
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Kemadealadire(f): 8:11am On Mar 19
Smh
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by saintgp(m): 8:12am On Mar 19
Like play like play the things GEJ did that they kick against are what they r gonna be doing,what will the almajiri commission be doing if not exactly what GEJ,Posterity nay Karma is waiting to do its work…SMH

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:15am On Mar 19
Lol avenue for looting

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by id4sho(m): 8:15am On Mar 19
Any useless agency sad. What about UBE/SUBEB.O tire for this Zoo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by snipernigga(m): 8:17am On Mar 19
The same Almajiri education that cost Goodluck Jonathan his Northern support, PBAT thread softly.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by malali: 8:18am On Mar 19
Rewarding the Old Vanguard.

I want a "lucrative" job in Tinubu's regime.
Who do i talk to ?
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by bhella10: 8:31am On Mar 19
grin
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by hmohammed(m): 8:32am On Mar 19
AmakaTips2:
Forget all this appointment of a thing, Nigeria is hungry

Contact me for your CV., project, dissertation, thesis, proposal, PowerPoint and turnitun check.

Hungry man can fix a CV
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Jacobayo12: 8:35am On Mar 19
What killed Apostle Goodluck!
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by sirray001: 8:36am On Mar 19
Lumarstone:
I'm of the view that those appointed to serve in this commission will justify the hope reposed in them by making sure that the present crops of almagires are not recruited by bandits terrorists Boko Haram sect. If this commission do the needful, the lost glory of NE, NW, AND NC will be restored in the nearest future.

The negative impact already created in the mind of this children in northern Nigeria will take longer time before it will be reseted.

I left..!
all these appointments are waste of money
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by Randomgist(m): 8:38am On Mar 19
Jonathan tried to help the almajiri children but the north will first look at the political implication before allowing almajiri out of the street, that's more important than the well being of the children.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission by smileyoo: 8:38am On Mar 19
Almajiri commission ? Instead of discouraging this almajiri system by giving all Nigeria kids equal opportunities and affordable quality standard of education Nationwide, this APC government is still encouraging the continuation of this half baked training of Nigeria citizens, that depends on patronage, cannot compete globally, and a fertile ground for terrorists 'groups recruitments , are we moving forward or retrogressing as a nation ?
Ok , remain for Oga tinubu 's turbulent presidency to also appoint the national chairman , agberos development commission .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Murtala Mohammed a good man? / Ibos Never Reply When Northerners Insult Them. Why??? / Full Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu In A Swimming Pool In Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.