Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions (13952 Views)

Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash / Disturbing Pictures From Nigeria Commercial Bank Halls (photos) / Dangote’s $500M Cement Refinery At Ethiopia Endangered As Rebel Forces Close In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Okoroawusa: 8:18am On Mar 19
" We give supernatural entities too much credit for evil. Man is capable of any form of evil imaginable".

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by SlyIg(f): 8:18am On Mar 19
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by handsomeyinka(m): 8:19am On Mar 19
jkpbestseries:
why not Nigeria
Even our computer knows Emilokan
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by spiSeyi: 8:21am On Mar 19
Sultty:
looking at lots of comment above me shows how criminally minded people can be
Wait till you get such an alert undecided and between stop taking everything too seriously nah cruise most ppl dey catch grin

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by blowjohn(m): 8:22am On Mar 19
If it happened in Nigeria, no one wud transfer to another account, unless as a decoy to use the other bank to withdraw.

Before them go use the original bank again e go reach years.

Even at that, it's very possible, we don't have a system in place to recoup such money speedily.

Freeze the account na no wahala. The person go first use am do business then return am after 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by CartelKenneth: 8:24am On Mar 19
If this kind thing happen for Nigeria all the banks go file for bankruptcy😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by blowjohn(m): 8:26am On Mar 19
Yesterday GT bank sent me a notification that my account is yet to be linked to my bvn.

Am like wtf!

I don't have an account with GT bank na!!!

5 Likes

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by CountinBlessins(m): 8:26am On Mar 19
Happened here during the submarine cable cut for one particular bank.

Even if your balance was 5k you could transfer 1 million to another account 🤣🤣

Those who knew kept it mute and ran things. I am surprised it never made the news 🤣
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by friday2011(m): 8:27am On Mar 19
Healthrelatedjo:
Ahhhhh
God whennnnnn
Make this kind level sup for 9ja lasan

Na to just transfer enough like 50 milli, use am japa. grin
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Sh1g1d1: 8:31am On Mar 19
How much did you tranfer to another account?

CountinBlessins:

Those who knew kept it mute and ran things. I am surprised it never made the news 🤣
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Cmanforall: 8:34am On Mar 19
edogu:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-68599027

What will happen if this is to be in Nigeria?
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by kaywhy09(m): 8:39am On Mar 19
Such information spreads quick on campus
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Nolevel666: 8:41am On Mar 19
Why Nigeria banks too stingi sef grin grin

My uba na so so debit i dey see

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by CountinBlessins(m): 8:49am On Mar 19
Sh1g1d1:
How much did you tranfer to another account?

I don't know what you are talking about sir
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Judolisco(m): 8:53am On Mar 19
Brendaniel:
Since it was online transaction and not physical cash, it can still be traced to everyone who took the money, 40 million dollars is over 40 billion naira, the major problem will be retrieving the money back because some people spend anyhow.

Since it was mainly students who took the money, they should declare it as student loan and give all of them till after graduation to pay back like Tinubu is trying to do here which he hasn't done, at least Ethiopian government can claim they achieved student loan and disbursement in less than 24 hours something Tinubu has not yet been able to do...
one of my friends discovered a glitch in a Nigerian bank.... twas expired atm cards.... Him transfer like 150k or so... D bank traced him home oh... They didn't involve d police Sha... They jst told him dat they have his BVN and dat they'll block him from opening any account in Nigeria again... He went to meet d bank manager and they put d amount on his account... He paid d money oh...
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by TheFacelessMan: 9:02am On Mar 19
princemillla:
I don't know how advanvce their tech is, but they can't retrieve half of that money. Many will rather not use bank again if this were to happen in Nigeria.

Nija people that forfeit bvn to mere 12k on easy easybuy/ loan app

Ethiopia has good data base and espionage network.

The problem is some would have spent the money, use part to eat.

But they will catch them ALL. Trust me.
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by seeker121(m): 9:03am On Mar 19
So the bank no fit raise alarm abi.
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Godstiger(m): 9:05am On Mar 19
ElSudani:
It just shows many would steal if they have the opportunity to do so.
We are all oppoturnists one way or the other
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Brendaniel: 9:25am On Mar 19
Judolisco:
one of my friends discovered a glitch in a Nigerian bank.... twas expired atm cards.... Him transfer like 150k or so... D bank traced him home oh... They didn't involve d police Sha... They jst told him dat they have his BVN and dat they'll block him from opening any account in Nigeria again... He went to meet d bank manager and they put d amount on his account... He paid d money oh...

grin
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Raylight2(m): 9:38am On Mar 19
God help them recover. This shouldn't happen in Nigeria o. Because the bank will go bankrupt over night.
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by goodman5(m): 9:54am On Mar 19
God abeg make e reah 9ja
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Killermamba: 10:02am On Mar 19
Healthrelatedjo:
Ahhhhh
God whennnnnn
it happens to me in first bank years ago, I went there to withdraw 20k only to realize the ATM paid me more than what I withdrew. When I was about to pay my workers they told me the money I paid them was more than 20k 3days later the bank called me, I just told them to debit the excess from my account
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by kelvincoll(m): 10:04am On Mar 19
princemillla:
I don't know how advanvce their tech is, but they can't retrieve half of that money. Many will rather not use bank again if this were to happen in Nigeria.

Nija people that forfeit bvn to mere 12k on easy easybuy/ loan app

grin You last cracks me up.

Well, i feel it the systems are tight and they are able to identify the debits per individual, through their own version of NIN/BVN, then as long as these persons use the bank, they can recoup the funds, via PNB
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:07am On Mar 19
No cast am make I try our bank own though they're too stingy to do salaka for the customers
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by RussellRutherfo: 10:16am On Mar 19
CountinBlessins:

What bank was that?
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by CountinBlessins(m): 10:46am On Mar 19
RussellRutherfo:

What bank was that?

I don't know
Sherlock Holmes!!!

angry
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Draslo(m): 10:59am On Mar 19
Cantonese:
Dishonesty everywhere.

Banks MUST NOT have such glitch in Nigeria. If people can easily waylay trucks carrying food, what would happen in the unlikely event that it happens to any bank?
With our population, banks will lose trillions. And they cannot get it all back.
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Youngpo413: 11:44am On Mar 19
Healthrelatedjo:
Ahhhhh
God whennnnnn
it happened for a few hours but most people were not aware.
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Youngpo413: 11:49am On Mar 19
CountinBlessins:

true.
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Kingbuhari(m): 1:40pm On Mar 19
I will use the money buy bitcoin.. oya trace that one grin
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by cardoctor(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19
Dammmmnnn
Re: Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions by Obierika(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20
What a costly mistake!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opportunities In Mechanized Sheabutter Extraction & Refinery / AMCON To Wind Up MRS Holdings Over N81bn Debt / Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.