Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

My Pregnancy Journey - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Pregnancy Journey (569 Views)

Essential Tips For A Natural Pregnancy Journey By Best IVF Centre In Gurgaon / I Want To Know Who Is Responsible For My Pregnancy / My Wife.. My Pregnancy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 10:33pm On Mar 18
Good day everyone,

Am a pregnant mama who is presently at 26weeks. Sometimes it's get boring out here as am unable to share my pregnancy journey.
So i tot to journal my thoughts on here. Who knows anything share can help someone else in future. I hope to write an update at least weekly, so help me God (lol)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by budaatum: 10:44pm On Mar 18
Pity you're starting so late. Would have loved to walk with you from like week 4, but space booked all the same.

May we get to the first day safely and joyfully.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 11:00pm On Mar 18
Am 26weeks it all shades of various emotions,

Sleeping and getting d right sleep
Position is tasking,it take some minute or hours in some cases to get d ryt position, then getting out of d bed cud be so crazy at times and midnight urination been so frequent dt sometimes it's so difficult finding again a suitable sleeping position.

Am usually tried this day and literally had to drag myself to do all my activities (feels all my energy went with my second trimester lol)
Another interesting update is the leg swelling and heart burn, i discovered i do not need to frequent use of heart burn suspension again as i realized dt when i have heartburn (which is usually every other day) all i need to do to drink/sips water regularly and it stop.(this works for me ). My husband helps with foot massage which I i found to be therapeutic and soothing. Lol

Irrespective of i how i feel ryt now ,my body is meant for this journey,My body can handle this journey,my body is fit for this journey. This is mine miracle baby, God
gift to us and am excited to be a conveyor of this destiny.

Nk

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 11:03pm On Mar 18
[sup][/sup]
budaatum:
Pity you're starting so late. Would have loved to walk with you from like week 4, but space booked all the same.

May we get to the first day safely and joyfully.

Awwwwnnnn.....i feels so special. Thank you for your kind words and big Amen to ur prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by cloudinatious(m): 1:49am On Mar 19
Being pregnant and motherhood are some of the best things that could ever happen to a woman.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 7:01am On Mar 19
cloudinatious:
Being pregnant and motherhood are some of the best things that could ever happen to a woman.

It's truly is one of the best things that could happen to any woman who desires it and mine prayer is baby dust to all TTC women.
Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 5:49pm On Mar 24
Hello everyone!!!!!

We at 27 weeks..!!!🥳
let talk medication during this journey!!!!

When i first got pregnant, had wanted to rush to pharmacy to get "Pregnancy care" that instant however with mine mum being a matron at one of d General Hospital at Lagos(i stay in ogun state doh). She shut the idea down .. No pregnancy care go to hospital!! She insisted i go to the hospital first and adviced us to register at a General Hospital even though we wanted a private one.

Her reason what that Government hospital usually have experience medical practitioner and best hands in cases of emergency.
We taught about it and registered at a government hospital close to us and honestly i haven't had any bad experiences will staff member there infact am a beneficiary of an health insurance scheme for maternal health tagged "Ibidero". ( it involves free medical aid,no payment for antenatal ,test, drugs just that the expensive drugs will not be given to you at the pharmacy sad they will say they don't have and you should get outside "Lol"wink.

Usually we are given routines pregnancy drugs e.g Bco,folic acid,ferron, calcium e.t.c when i just got pregnant the smell of this drugs makes me want to throw up, i used to hide them far away where i cant smell them and use nose mask when i want to use them . It was that bad but now am used to the smell and it doesn't bother me anymore.
Apparently I don't know why government health workers don't like pregnancy care o,you dare not mention it to those matron at ante natal that use are not using routine drugs and only using "pregnancy care" (they will roast you with there mouth).

At 27weeks ,my feets are swollen usually and it heavy , kicks are more profound and i can only eat little meal per time, eating too heavy would result in discomfort. Just small meals at various time tho. Sleeping position isn't better yet o, we still at the phase of finding a peaceful position .
Am learning interacting and talking to my baby, my husband looks at me at time when i do this ,he just shakes his head other times he laughs at me. Anywhere am sure my baby can hear me and sometimes understand what i say.

Sending virtual hugs to fellow pregnant women,we will testify with our evident.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 10:56am On Mar 25
Something happened last night and i thought to share.

As it sometimes get overwhelming due to body change,my body aches, can't sleep well, swollen feets i started wishing the baby will just come now and i can have my body back.At that instant as i was ranting to mine husband, he hugged me and i started crying 😭😭😭😭. I felt am a terrible mother,why will i complain about the body change and pain when i prayed to God to have for this child after years of waiting? I started saying maybe am wicked mum for wanting mine body back. Thankful to having a great partner who calmed me down and told me all mine claim are valid and i shouldn't feel bad for wanting this phase of my life to be done with quickly. He encouraged me that it will soon be over and i will soon be holding our baby.

Reflecting back i understand that our emotions and hormones as pregnant mama are usually all over the place but it absolutely nothing to be ashamed about on this journey however hang in there it all for a good purpose.

My body can handle this journey
My body is fit for this journey
My body is created for this journey
Am coming home with my evident...
(This are mine sunesis)

1 Like

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by budaatum: 5:16pm On Mar 25
ShineJane:

Apparently I don't know why government health workers don't like pregnancy care o,you dare not mention it to those matron at ante natal that use are not using routine drugs and only using "pregnancy care" (they will roast you with there mouth).

What exactly is this "pregnancy care"?

Is what you are receiving at General Hospital not pregnancy care?
Re: My Pregnancy Journey by JettPatterson: 6:02am On Mar 26
Great, please do your best care during your pregnancy.
Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 4:16pm On Mar 27
budaatum:

What exactly is this "pregnancy care"?

Is what you are receiving at General Hospital not pregnancy care?

It a drug brand actually,like paracetamol just that this supplement is called " pregnancy care " it's told to contain all the essential vitamins for pregnancy and presume tht since you are using it you might not need to use other routine drugs e.g folic acid ,Bco e.t.c.

But some medical practitioner do not agree and will tell you stick to those folic acid e t c rather than the acclaimed "pregnancy care"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 4:27pm On Mar 27
JettPatterson:
Great, please do your best care during your pregnancy.

Thank you so much
Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 4:10pm On Apr 10
Week 28-29 update
Hey people missed me? I sure did missed writing and getting feedback from you.
It been a whole lot of rollercoaster this past week, from falling sick to faulty phone and not having energy for anything at all!!!Phew!

So now let me fill you on all that had happened.

Baby movement has changed and the pressure on my pelvis is crazy,i can't do long distance walking anymore. The first few days i noticed the pressure on my pelvis ,i was scared i thought something was wrong , the night it was severe i couldn't sleep (i had played all the negatives senerio on my head) on the outside i was trying to be strong as my husband get easily alarmed when am down,he only knows that i complained about the pressure however i Kept my fears.

In morning i felt better but ,my baby kicks pattern was different and i was worried, wanted to go to the hospital again (i had been at the hospital two days prior for antel natal) I figured that they will ask for scan so i went for scan in the morning turn out baby is fine o,heartbeat is normal.
However my baby has changed positions was formally breech but now head down (normal birthing position) hence d pressure on the pelvis.
Baby is also growing big(i have stop drinking beverage now but am still always hungry ). Scan showing that baby is 32 weeks estimate EDD for end of next month. Prior scan was actually giving me 2 weeks added gestation age (e.g am at 20weeks but scan say 22weeks). Had to call best friend whose husband is a medical doctor and ask why the gestational weeks difference, he said it's normal but the must accurate scan are usually the very first one i did when i discovered i was pregnant.This is what i have been using to calculate mine week EDD for that is June.

At the phase ,am always urinating o, sleeping position now is far worst and tiredness is on another level. The bumps is growing more and literally feels like i have an heavy load traped on my front. I have gotten accustomed to my baby new kick patterns and monitor them.
I do be glad if the God's gift comes next month, however when ever he decides to come am excited to welcome him ! Yes he's a Boy.....

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 1:48am On Apr 18
Week 30 update.

Hello people!!!! This is me typing at 1.08am as am unable to sleep, Just cant seem to find the right sleep position.

At 30 weeks am literally counting down,i learnt that d average time duration for pregnancy is 40 weeks and i have been begging mine baby "i love you and you can stay for as long as you want but please don't do 40 weeks biko".

The size of my pregnancy bump increases literally,my husband was joking with me about how huge my Tommy is now and i reasoned that it because we are getting closer to due date. This has added to mine discomfort am literally walking like a penguin and always so out of energy (compare to the previous 2 trimester,"i just knw say i get belly o).

At this stage it a good tym to start packing hospital bag however i still have some things i need to get ,so am hoping we will have gotten all baby essentials fully by next month (Taking it one step at a time and no time for frivolous purchases) Am also not allowing baby items vendor to guilt trip me into buying things mine baby might not use in the long run,bearing in mind that one will still pay hospital bills and keep money for emergencies (just in case) ,i feel one truly needs to setup priority and with the presence economic you have to come together as a family and figure things out.

For some really cool reasons,my legs isn't really swollen anymore this days,and i haven't had heartburn in lyk 3-4day in a roll. Baby movement are more profound and can slightly be uncomfortable at times, for food ; there must always be food at home o,there has to be some in the kitchen i can eat because we can be hungry at any time(lol).

One good thing about pregnancy is the favor it give you,you can literally be walking and feel the love and kindness from people ehn,i know people aboard talks about it and for me am experiencing it here o, at my shop,my neighbor are the best,they sweep for me, help me arrangements,closing and attending to customer self.Then my customer are just the best ,(The number of people that I have promised to call to come for naming ceremony when i give birth is something else 🤣,i sell inside a market here,so you can imagine) .
So if there's something that i will miss about being pregnant is the random act of kindness i receive From young,old,male , female i never know or thought that pregnant women are this favored.

Yeah!!!!This is it at 30 weeks,see you later. Lots of hugs and kisses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by ShineJane(f): 5:26am On Apr 25
31 week update

Good day everyone excited to write about this week.

We at 31 weeks phew!!!! So excited that our baby is coming soon and also always tried ,am so always tried and spent . I noticed squatting now seems like an impossible tasks and the way my bump increases overnight is crazy .
I had always said i would never do a pregnant women walk style and never not slay while pregnant but at this phase,i just wear anything that bring comfort and waka mine penguin walk ,i cannot come and die (lol)
Baby movement are more profound o, seeing my son doing those baby kick movement you see in reels, your belly would just b moving to the movement you will see it literally,it truly is an amazing feeling.
Heartburn has been intense this week, Braxton Hicks has started and i kinda started feeling what contractions looks like,i also enjoy talking to my son, telling him about my day or our plan for the day, sometimes he response with kicks and always in shock (call me extract lol).
To fellow pregnant women going through this phase,i know we are tired but the good things is we will soon be holding our bundle of joy. So please cheer up.

Sending virtual hugs and kisses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnancy Journey by Blissfulness: 4:55pm On Apr 28
Nice write up.
I wish you safe delivery.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Fans' Hiv Risk Warning / Quelle Mutuelle Vous Pouvez Me Conseiller? / How To Stop Snoring(part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.