Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu (5805 Views)

Fubara Must Go: Wike's Men Restrategjse, Insist On Impeachment Of Rivers Gov / Oyo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel To Investigate Rauf Olaniyan / Eze Madumere Releases Statement On Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by chokekachy: 3:16pm On Mar 19
The Edo State House of Assembly has directed the state Chief Judge, Justice Daniel Okungbowa to set up a seven man panel to investigate the allegations levelled against the state deputy governor Ry Philip Shaibu.

The state assembly is accusing the deputy governor of misconduct and divulging governments information to the public.

The panel is expected to carry out a thorough investigation into the allegations and make necessary recommendations.

The brief sitting was presided over by the Speaker, RT Hon Blessing Agbebaku.

Recall that the Edo State House of Assembly, earlier this month, began an impeachment move against Shaibu, accusing him of constitutional infractions.

But, Shaibu, denied being served with impeachment notice from the state House of Assembly as claimed by the Speaker, Hon. Blessing Agbebaku during plenary.

The inability of the House, according to the Speaker, to physically serve Shaibu led to a substituted service through advertorial in the newspaper.

Meanwhile, in a letter addressed to the Speaker dated March 12, 2024 and titled “RE: Service of Impeachment Notice,” signed by the Personal Assistant to the Deputy Governor, Charles Olubayo, Shaibu denied ever being served any letter and refusing to collect same.

He said Shaibu has been out of the state since March 3 and therefore could not have been served as claimed during plenary.

His supporters, however, believe that he is being persecuted because he is interested to succeed his boss in office, Gov Godwin Obaseki.

Shaibu emerged as the Governorship Candidate in a parallel primary election held on February 22, 2024.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/breaking-edo-assembly-directs-chief-judge-to-set-up-committee-on-shaibus-impeachment/?fbclid=IwAR0WEjUtApgY1VbA66PyI_Syeg0-sbUAKSxN2VX0eEztgKMfTHgeH0GhIMw#google_vignette

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by allanphash7(m): 4:00pm On Mar 19
Edo

All I know and I'm so sure of is that Olumide Akpata can not and never be the next governor of Edo State

I walk out of the thread

6 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by kemax11: 4:01pm On Mar 19
Fct
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by IdowuRufai: 4:01pm On Mar 19
E don be for Shaibu

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by kemax11: 4:01pm On Mar 19
How do I post news on Naira land please thanks
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by ryloy: 4:04pm On Mar 19
Edo collected #10 billion for February....Edo citizens ask your Gov Questions

5 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by slivertongue: 4:04pm On Mar 19
shaibu should tread carefully

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by OilandGasMarket: 4:10pm On Mar 19
allanphash7:
Edo

All I know and I'm so sure of is that Olumide Akpata can not and never be the next governor of Edo State

I walk out of the thread
What of Asue Ighodalo?
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by OilandGasMarket: 4:12pm On Mar 19
kemax11:
How do I post news on Naira land please thanks
Tell me the gist I go post am for you.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by iampeterben(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19
He still refused to accept the impeachment letter.
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by kaludestiny10(m): 4:19pm On Mar 19
Na brother and brother fight be this, them go settle their differences later.
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by Khallicopyro: 4:36pm On Mar 19
ryloy:
Edo collected #10 billion for February....Edo citizens ask your Gov Questions
How many questions have you asked your own governor?

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by MaziObinnaokija: 4:44pm On Mar 19
grin
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by nellybank86: 4:51pm On Mar 19
Brain is some miles away from our Politicians aswear.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by DeZoro(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19
Philip Shuihu is a shame and coward. Why has he ran away from the state? If you have a reason to fight, come to the stage and not playing hide and seek

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by NaMe4: 5:03pm On Mar 19
Seems he's definitely going to get impeached.
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by senatordave1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 19
NaMe4:
Seems he's definitely going to get impeached.

Bloc votes from etsako for akpakomiza

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by JAMO84: 6:16pm On Mar 19
Shaibu was shouting Edo no be Lagos that year. Werey don dey see Shege. Tinubu dey ASO Rock dey laugh

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by cardoctor(m): 6:34pm On Mar 19
Hmmmm
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by Quelme: 6:48pm On Mar 19
Obaseki really do this one strong thing.
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by Bfly: 6:49pm On Mar 19
Edo state must have really suffered many drawback from this unending disunity among her top officials
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by bhella10: 6:58pm On Mar 19
Edo no be Lagos in the mud grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by bhella10: 7:03pm On Mar 19
JAMO84:
Shaibu was shouting Edo no be Lagos that year. Werey don dey see Shege. Tinubu dey ASO Rock dey laugh
las las na Tinubu go rescue Shuaibu. Oshio baba will surely tell him "goan die" grin

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by Abujaexpress: 7:15pm On Mar 19
Obaseki is indeed a traitor and betrayer. After their earlier settlement upon which Philip Shuaibu was prevailed upon to withdraw the earlier suit against the Governor and ors, Obaseki went on clandestinely to initiate another impeachment process.

Anyway, I don't blame Obaseki at all and i dont pity Philip Shuaibu at all who allowed himself to be used to play dirty politics against his man, Oshiomole, a man under whose guidance and mentorship he cut his teeth in politics. Now the chicken has come home to roost.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by Ubdavis(m): 8:14pm On Mar 19
A good politician should be like Charmeleon,
tactful,
and have foresight. This one is just mumuing himself up and down
Re: Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu by FuckOsuPigs: 9:41pm On Mar 19
Obaseki is a monkey.

But I don't pity Philip Shaibu. He deserves everything he gets.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Juror Sacked From Mutallab's Trial / New Sect Kidnapped Frenchman In Katsina / Urgent Call On DSS: Circulation This Biafra War Documentary Should Be Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.