Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis (1281 Views)

Photo Of The Injured Tailor Shot By DSS Personnel At Garki Market / Gunmen Who Raped And Molested An Army Personnel Have Been Arrested / MAIGARI GAGARAU, Man Who Started The Crisis Between Fulani Herdsmen & Mambillas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by DanPolice(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19
*THE REAL CAUSE OF THE CRISES AT OKUOMA COMMUNITY IN UGHELLI SOUTH L.G.A OF DELTA THAT LED TO MILITARY INVASION.*

Okuoma community is an Urhobo community in Ughelli south L.G.A located along the Forcados River. It shares boundaries with Akugbene and Okoloba communities, and both are Izon (Ijaw) speaking communities, located in Bomadi L.G.A of Delta State. Both communities have lived together peacefully for over 3 centuries now. Okuoma community is in Ewu-urphie clan of the Urhobo tribe of Delta State.
Their major occupation is farming and fishing.
There are other Urhobo communities along the Forcados River who all share boundary with the Izon speaking communities. They are also follows: Gbaregolor, Okuoma, Olota, Alagbabiri communities e.tc., all these communities are in Ughelli South L.G.A and they all share boundaries with the Izon speaking communities. These communities have lived with the Izon speaking communities for several centuries. They have had intermarriages, inter trades, among themselves for some centuries. We have several families who are from both tribes (Urhobo and Ijaw). In the olden days, for you to be crowned a king in Izon land, you must have your maternal root from the Urhobos. I don't know if that tradition is still in practice. I know some few Kings whose that maternal roots are from the Urhobo tribe, e.g. HRM Oporomor Godspower of Bomadi town (Ijaw community) in Bomadi L.G.A. He had his maternal root from Gbaregolor community (Urhobo community) which is located along the Forcados River. His Royal Highness, king of Akugbene community (Ijaw town) has his maternal root from Okuoma community (Urhobo town). The king of Akugbene community influenced some developments in Okuoma, like construction of jetty at the waterfront of Okuoma, e.t.c. These people (Urhobos and Ijaws) are one people because they are related by blood or marriage in one way or another. Mr. Barrister Smooth, a famous Ijaw singer once said in his song "When you come to my house you can't separate Ijaw man from Urhobo man because they all live together as one." We are one people.

Back to the main issue;
Okuoma community had land dispute with their neighboring community Okoloba over common boundary. The land dispute has been lingering for quite a long time now. At the boundary side of Okoloba community there is a white mansion, this mansion belongs to a warlord, a man known to be a right-hand man to Mr. Government Tompolo.
Okoloba community have always claimed ownership of the land on which the Okuoma community is located, they always say the "Okuoma inhabitants are their tenants".
If you recall, I earlier said there is a mansion at boundary of both communities, this mansion is owned by a warlord from Okoloba (Ijaw community) this man is so influential and he owns a shrine in this mansion where he practices human sacrifices as rituals in worshipping his war god; Egbesu. Last month February, this man armed his boys and attacked a commercial boat conveying some Okuoma community boys namely Igho and co. These boys were all murdered by this warlord and he labeled them criminals. He wrote to JTF (Joint Task Force) that they were criminals. Remember, I told you that he is Tompolo's right-hand man He is so influential and connected that whatsoever he tells the JTF is what they accept, because his boss Tompolo owns Tantita Security Forces and they control the creeks. This act alone triggered the grievance of the Okuoma community. When this warlord's gang want to carry these crimes, they put on army camouflage so it's difficult to differentiate genuine Army personnel from these hoodlums.
Last week, a man named Anthony Aboh from Okoloba community went missing, his relation from Okoloba community, an Honorable member, believed that It was the Okuoma community that kidnapped him to retaliate for the attack which was carried out on the Okuoma community boys, so they reported the issue to the Bomadi JTF. Just before he reported, the body of the alleged kidnapped man was discovered floating on River Forcados at Ayakoromor community. His hands were tied and he had been beheaded (that was the picture displayed on Social Media with the fallen soldiers body). This annoyed the Okoloba community so much, the Honorable and some delegates from the Okoloba reported to JTF, which then proceeded to Okuoma community on March 14th, 2024 with some soldiers in company of the Honorable. On reaching there, they met with the chairman and elders of the community in their town hall and they brought up the case of the kidnapped beheaded man with the community leaders. The chairman and elders all denied saying they know nothing of such case, which made the soldiers ask the elders and community leaders to lie on the floor. The Army then insisted on arresting the community leaders and that was where the crises erupted from. The information got to the youths that fake soldiers have come to terrorize the community again, and when they turned up there was argument between the Army and community youths. The Army released some gun shots, leading to a full blown war between the youths and the Army because they believed they were fake soldiers. They were killed in error, it is a case of mistaken identity.

The people of Okuoma where soldiers were killed were attacked by Ijaws (Okoloba warlord) and they suffered casualties, mind you when this warlord carried out the dastardly act they wore Army camouflage.

Within the same week, on sighting men in uniform again in the Okuoma community they believed they were the same set of Ijaws warriors from Okoloba again and retaliated, killing all of them not knowing that they were real soldiers......
My fellow Nigerians this is the real cause of the crises. March 15th, Okuoma was raided and razed down by Nigeria Army because of the death about 16 fallen soldiers, women, children, and aged men weren't spared, but funny enough the actual perpetrators have since fled the community leaving those who are either too old, too weak, too sick, too young, or too innocent to flee. Till now, there's still crying, gnashing of teeth, and blood flow around the Forcados River axis. On March 17th yesterday the Army stormed the white mansion at the border after gathering intelligence, on reaching there, they were amazed at what they discovered in the shrine at the white mansion. This mansion is situated at the River bank; they discovered fresh and dried human skulls of innocent people who were used by this warlord as sacrifices for his god (Egbesu). Angered, the Nigerian Army burned down the mansion. Some fake soldiers were also arrested in the mansion. This is the true story of what happened that has claimed so many lives including the lives of a Lt. Colonel, 2 Majors, a Captain, and 12 soldiers, all men of the Nigeria Armed Forces.... Man's wickedness to man. God save our souls.

9 Likes

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by Toluwanise247(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19
Thank you for the story , they will all regret their actions

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by Chicagograduate(m): 4:00pm On Mar 19
Informative.Our army is overstretched.They do the job of the police, airforce, navy customs,EFCC,court,etc,and are paid peanut.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by MDK777: 4:08pm On Mar 19
Thank you for a wonderful explanation, may God rescue the weak and give the wicked a tough time

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by madridguy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19
Thanks for the insightful story.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by oz4real83(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19
Chicagograduate:
Informative.Our army is overstretched.They do the job of the police, airforce, navy customs,EFCC,court,etc,and are paid peanut.
not entirely true, the issue is that they allow themselves as willing tools in the hands of criminal civilian elements. Our military now behave like the corrupt Nigerian police force that can do anything as long as you are willing to pay their price shocked

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by ObiaboAdoka(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19
Thanks for enlightening us with dis in4mation. May God heal our land. Always give us update on this case.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by Ekaka14: 8:43pm On Mar 19
Chicagograduate:
While you actually have a point...the issue on ground can be traced to:
1. Military intelligence gap. No proper briefs of the issue on ground and recent history between both communities.
2. Poor planning / outrightly no backup plan in the event of escalation!
3. Wrong approach to conflict resolution (1st rule of engagement for me will be summon key stakeholders from both communities to a meeting and tell them to go back to their various communities to declare a stand down...then plan followup visit to see things for yourself. )
4. Poor appreciation of the issues, culture and character of the people.
4. No experience with the NigerDelta creeks...

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by seborrhic: 12:30am On Mar 20
Who are those thanking him for the story?
That's how you lots allow yourself to be easily hoodwinked by tales by moonlight.
Caveat,I don't believe the army's version of events too.
But my questions in this op narration are these:
If the Okuoma community youths believed the killed soldiers were fake,how did they now kill the entire 19 soldiers?Remember these soldiers were also armed because he admitted they were the ones that started the shooting in the meeting ground.
If you know so much,where were they killed?In the meeting ground or ambushed in the creeks as they were returning to base?
You claim some lives were lost from the army shootings?Where are the pictures and videos because I am pretty certain that in these days of smart or even ordinary camera phones, someone openly or secretly was recording the proceedings.If they were not,some people would definitely have taken pictures of the people killed by the soldiers.
My point is this;you are making it sound like you were there when the entire episode happened,when you clearly was nowhere near it and heard version of the story from someone else.
Unless it was a premeditated mass murder,there is no way the whole 19 soldiers would have been murdered without there being mass casualties on the community side and one or 2 escaping to base.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by mogbeyiteren: 2:36am On Mar 20
Thanks, you have done well. The problem I have with the NA is that when they come to Delta State, they become corrupt and used against others by some high profile persons in the state because of oil money. My advice id that the NA should monitor the activities of her personnel in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by willi926(m): 7:06am On Mar 20
Let peace reign. The kills in the country is so much. Unnessary kills here and there, there is no single day I open naira land that I won't see this one killed, that one killed, those people killed. It's too much. Let peace reign, is it so much to ask for?

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by mysticwarrior(m): 8:57am On Mar 20
seborrhic:
That's how you lots allow yourself to be easily hoodwinked by tales by moonlight.
If the Okuoma community youths believed the killed soldiers were fake,how did they now kill the entire 19 soldiers?Remember these soldiers were also armed because he admitted they were the ones that started the shooting in the meeting ground.
If you know so much,where were they killed?In the meeting ground or ambushed in the creeks as they were returning to base?
You claim some lives were lost from the army shootings?Where are the pictures and videos because I am pretty certain that in these days of smart or even ordinary camera phones, someone openly or secretly was recording the proceedings.If they were not,some people would definitely have taken pictures of the people killed by the soldiers.
My point is this;you are making it sound like you were there when the entire episode happened,when you clearly was nowhere near it and heard version of the story from someone else.
Unless it was a premeditated mass murder,there is no way the whole 19 soldiers would have been murdered without there being mass casualties on the community side and one or 2 escaping to base.
Ogbeni abeg shut up jare, drop evidence to counter his claims.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by mysticwarrior(m): 9:10am On Mar 20
I know most of those communities the op mentioned, those communities are powerful warrior communities in Delta state especially that Gbaregolor, there was a time all the ijaw communities around Gbaregolor fought against them and Gbaregolor single handedly burnt down many of those communities. Okoloba people felt humiliated when that honorable was killed and that was why they brought in real soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by achillesfoot(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20
seborrhic:
. You analyzed this post like your brain is filled with mud.
Re: Killing Of Army Personnel At Okuoma: The Genesis Of The Crisis by AOresources: 7:12pm On Mar 20
DanPolice:
*THE REAL CAUSE OF THE CRISES AT OKUOMA COMMUNITY IN UGHELLI SOUTH L.G.A OF DELTA THAT LED TO MILITARY INVASION.*

Okuoma community is an Urhobo community in Ughelli south L.G.A located along the Forcados River. It shares boundaries with Akugbene and Okoloba communities, and both are Izon (Ijaw) speaking communities, located in Bomadi L.G.A of Delta State. Both communities have lived together peacefully for over 3 centuries now. Okuoma community is in Ewu-urphie clan of the Urhobo tribe of Delta State.
Their major occupation is farming and fishing.
There are other Urhobo communities along the Forcados River who all share boundary with the Izon speaking communities. They are also follows: Gbaregolor, Okuoma, Olota, Alagbabiri communities e.tc., all these communities are in Ughelli South L.G.A and they all share boundaries with the Izon speaking communities. These communities have lived with the Izon speaking communities for several centuries. They have had intermarriages, inter trades, among themselves for some centuries. We have several families who are from both tribes (Urhobo and Ijaw). In the olden days, for you to be crowned a king in Izon land, you must have your maternal root from the Urhobos. I don't know if that tradition is still in practice. I know some few Kings whose that maternal roots are from the Urhobo tribe, e.g. HRM Oporomor Godspower of Bomadi town (Ijaw community) in Bomadi L.G.A. He had his maternal root from Gbaregolor community (Urhobo community) which is located along the Forcados River. His Royal Highness, king of Akugbene community (Ijaw town) has his maternal root from Okuoma community (Urhobo town). The king of Akugbene community influenced some developments in Okuoma, like construction of jetty at the waterfront of Okuoma, e.t.c. These people (Urhobos and Ijaws) are one people because they are related by blood or marriage in one way or another. Mr. Barrister Smooth, a famous Ijaw singer once said in his song "When you come to my house you can't separate Ijaw man from Urhobo man because they all live together as one." We are one people.

Back to the main issue;
Okuoma community had land dispute with their neighboring community Okoloba over common boundary. The land dispute has been lingering for quite a long time now. At the boundary side of Okoloba community there is a white mansion, this mansion belongs to a warlord, a man known to be a right-hand man to Mr. Government Tompolo.
Okoloba community have always claimed ownership of the land on which the Okuoma community is located, they always say the "Okuoma inhabitants are their tenants".
If you recall, I earlier said there is a mansion at boundary of both communities, this mansion is owned by a warlord from Okoloba (Ijaw community) this man is so influential and he owns a shrine in this mansion where he practices human sacrifices as rituals in worshipping his war god; Egbesu. Last month February, this man armed his boys and attacked a commercial boat conveying some Okuoma community boys namely Igho and co. These boys were all murdered by this warlord and he labeled them criminals. He wrote to JTF (Joint Task Force) that they were criminals. Remember, I told you that he is Tompolo's right-hand man He is so influential and connected that whatsoever he tells the JTF is what they accept, because his boss Tompolo owns Tantita Security Forces and they control the creeks. This act alone triggered the grievance of the Okuoma community. When this warlord's gang want to carry these crimes, they put on army camouflage so it's difficult to differentiate genuine Army personnel from these hoodlums.
Last week, a man named Anthony Aboh from Okoloba community went missing, his relation from Okoloba community, an Honorable member, believed that It was the Okuoma community that kidnapped him to retaliate for the attack which was carried out on the Okuoma community boys, so they reported the issue to the Bomadi JTF. Just before he reported, the body of the alleged kidnapped man was discovered floating on River Forcados at Ayakoromor community. His hands were tied and he had been beheaded (that was the picture displayed on Social Media with the fallen soldiers body). This annoyed the Okoloba community so much, the Honorable and some delegates from the Okoloba reported to JTF, which then proceeded to Okuoma community on March 14th, 2024 with some soldiers in company of the Honorable. On reaching there, they met with the chairman and elders of the community in their town hall and they brought up the case of the kidnapped beheaded man with the community leaders. The chairman and elders all denied saying they know nothing of such case, which made the soldiers ask the elders and community leaders to lie on the floor. The Army then insisted on arresting the community leaders and that was where the crises erupted from. The information got to the youths that fake soldiers have come to terrorize the community again, and when they turned up there was argument between the Army and community youths. The Army released some gun shots, leading to a full blown war between the youths and the Army because they believed they were fake soldiers. They were killed in error, it is a case of mistaken identity.

The people of Okuoma where soldiers were killed were attacked by Ijaws (Okoloba warlord) and they suffered casualties, mind you when this warlord carried out the dastardly act they wore Army camouflage.

Within the same week, on sighting men in uniform again in the Okuoma community they believed they were the same set of Ijaws warriors from Okoloba again and retaliated, killing all of them not knowing that they were real soldiers......
My fellow Nigerians this is the real cause of the crises. March 15th, Okuoma was raided and razed down by Nigeria Army because of the death about 16 fallen soldiers, women, children, and aged men weren't spared, but funny enough the actual perpetrators have since fled the community leaving those who are either too old, too weak, too sick, too young, or too innocent to flee. Till now, there's still crying, gnashing of teeth, and blood flow around the Forcados River axis. On March 17th yesterday the Army stormed the white mansion at the border after gathering intelligence, on reaching there, they were amazed at what they discovered in the shrine at the white mansion. This mansion is situated at the River bank; they discovered fresh and dried human skulls of innocent people who were used by this warlord as sacrifices for his god (Egbesu). Angered, the Nigerian Army burned down the mansion. Some fake soldiers were also arrested in the mansion. This is the true story of what happened that has claimed so many lives including the lives of a Lt. Colonel, 2 Majors, a Captain, and 12 soldiers, all men of the Nigeria Armed Forces.... Man's wickedness to man. God save our souls.
.please provide sources..this is a sensitive happening to write on

(1) (Reply)

2 Kirikiri Inmates Fail In Escape Bid / See What A Man Did To His Uncle After He Found Him Raping His Girlfriend / Man Rape Mercy Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.