Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment (11140 Views)

Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment / Edo: Philip Shaibu Sues Ighodalo, Asks Court To Nullify PDP Primary / Philip Shaibu, Edo Deputy Gov Wants Court To Halt Impeachment Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by ivolt: 4:22pm On Mar 19
saintgp:

He might,not because he is strong and connected but because the governor just no really mean to impeach am,he’s using that to calm him down given his political power in the state.
This is laughable.
Shuaibu has alredy lost the primary, there is no point "calming him down".
The impeach is a serious issue.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by spencekat(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19
obaidan:

Obaseki is not sick, Obaseki is not bedridden
That was not his submission. Note again,Agboola Ajayi survived too.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Judolisco(m): 4:24pm On Mar 19
I told someone dis guy would finish his tenure... Dem think say na joke
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Judolisco(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19
aieromon:
No deputy survives an impeachment proceeding in the 4th Nigerian Republic.
ondo present gov survived it....
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Jogs1900: 4:27pm On Mar 19
emkz:
Great. Philip Shaibu takes advise.

Shaibu, you owe me fees for advising you.
He or his lawyer may be on NL sef.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Igahbarr: 4:28pm On Mar 19
The pocketing of lawmakers by the Executive is the only reason why Nigeria is moving backward. No check and balance at all .

2 Likes

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by spencekat(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19
Judolisco:
I told someone dis guy would finish his tenure... Dem think say na joke
You are correct.He is likely to survive the plot.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Jogs1900: 4:29pm On Mar 19
aieromon:

https://leadership.ng/deputy-govs-and-impeachment-saga/
Hes likely to survive..I don't think the CJ and the law enforcement agencies will go against the declaration of the court.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Khallicopyro: 4:31pm On Mar 19
Otilo! Small money wey Shuaibu don gather for him 8 years as deputy governor him won scatter am for court case? What happened to "I'm sorry my boss"? We Edo people get one adage; "if you no loyal you go rioya"

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Kaa4(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19
He go take am buy time to stay put for Government House.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Cherrybae(f): 4:39pm On Mar 19
With wike and obih group backing Shaibu, I dont saw obaseki Woning this battle.

Obaseki will lost this battle. He cant won it as he is a betrayed.

I advise Shaibu to fought on, he is foughting a good fought.

The court will saves him.

Watch how the illiteracy obedients will be support obaseki
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Osidazz19: 4:41pm On Mar 19
Edo no be Lagos clowns grin
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Judgementa1: 4:42pm On Mar 19
Shaibu might still become Edo governor.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Osidazz19: 4:42pm On Mar 19
Cherrybae:

Pls no kee person na grin
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Obviouslyblunt: 4:55pm On Mar 19
Look at all those he defendants in that suit and understand that in Nigeria, that case is going nowhere.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by HRMK: 5:15pm On Mar 19
shaibu is wasting his time!let him join another party if so sure of himself!!
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by saintgp(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19
ivolt:

This is laughable.
Shuaibu has alredy lost the primary, there is no point "calming him down".
The impeach is a serious issue.
He lost the primary but had taken the matter to court with the intent of frustrating obaseki and his anointed so to tame him impeachment is the available option,don’t forget something similar happened wen he was first rumored to be planning to participate in the primaries,he was about to be impeached he had to take the matter to court
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Wasky101: 5:47pm On Mar 19
aieromon:

https://leadership.ng/deputy-govs-and-impeachment-saga/
Atiku
Lucky ayiedatiwa
One rascal guy from south west also survived.
But none up till now has been able to succeed their boss.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by cardoctor(m): 6:30pm On Mar 19
Siblings issues. Dem go still settle.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by ekhai(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19
BEFORE YOU FIGHT YOUR BROTHER, LOOK WHO YOU ARE FIGHTING ON HIS BEHALF. WHEN THE PERSON TURNS AROUND TO FIGHT YOU, WILL YOU HAVE HOME BACKING. THIS IS THE SITUATION SHUAIBU FOUND HIMSELF.
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by Abujaexpress: 7:08pm On Mar 19
Obaseki is indeed a traitor and betrayer. After their earlier settlement upon which Philip Shuaibu was prevailed upon to withdraw the earlier suit against the Governor and ors, Obaseki went on clandestinely to initiate another impeachment process.

Anyway, I don't blame Obaseki at all and i dont pity Philip Shuaibu at all who allowed himself to be used to play dirty politics against his man, Oshiomole, a man under whose guidance and mentorship he cut his teeth in politics. Now the chicken has come home to roost.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by khattab02: 7:09pm On Mar 19
grin grin grin grin

Edo no be Lagos ooo

cheesy
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by PropertyBuying(f): 7:48pm On Mar 19
May God Save You Shuaibu...
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by VanuatuWycombe: 7:51pm On Mar 19
Cherrybae:

😁😁😁
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by ivolt: 10:38pm On Mar 19
saintgp:

He lost the primary but had taken the matter to court with the intent of frustrating obaseki and his anointed so to tame him impeachment is the available option,don’t forget something similar happened wen he was first rumored to be planning to participate in the primaries,he was about to be impeached he had to take the matter to court
Did the threat of impeachment stopped him from participating in the primaries or not?
He had his own parallel primary.
So, what is the use of "taming him" with impeachment when it doesn't have any effect?

Obaseki would have to be daft to be wasting his time on pointless processes.

Shuaibu is going to be impeached, it is not taming or warning, it is punishment.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by commoditiesnig: 6:46am On Mar 20
Lance008:
Mak obaseki leave Philip he dey cause more harm to his anointed candidate
Philip shaibu and Oshomole literally control Edo north
You're right 100%
Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by spencekat(m): 9:51am On Mar 20
Judolisco:
ondo present gov survived it....
And the former deputy governor,Agboola.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu Sues Obaseki, Edo Assembly Urges Court To Halt Impeachment by spencekat(m): 9:51am On Mar 20
Court has thrown the case out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Amid Hardship, Workers’ Hopes For Pay Rise By May Day Dashed / Abuja To Host 2020 Democracy Heroes Awards, Aisha Buhari, Others To Be Honoured / Malami Vs Magu, Abike Vs Pantami.. Buhari’s Appointees Who Locked Horns Publicly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.