Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps (34026 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by dante12412(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19
Mindlog:
Thrash!

Is anyone forcing him to remain in Germany?

Yes grin
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by LoneWolf200(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19
I sell old twitter account, 13yrs+, only serious buyers shd contact on 08024768616, be my guest
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by RaptorX: 9:57pm On Mar 19
Laird:
The statement that when people in Nigeria see him driving a Jeep

Id a Jeep a sign of prosperity or an economic liability.

He didn't even mention coming to Nigeria and opening a business or opening companies but coming to drive a jeep. Ridiculous
Because the reason for risking drowning in the Mediterranean is not because of bad African leaders like people think on NL, but to come back and pepper the home-based.

2 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Bfly: 9:58pm On Mar 19
3 days to expire product put out for hungry people to eat. It is just wonderful.
Africa is really backward.
Here we sell until it is obviously not edible even for domestic animals. lol a product here truly expires after 6 months of it expiry date, the idea of margin of safety starts appearing in a hungry man mind.

BTW, na him sabi. He dey scavenge food for Germany meanwhile driving jeep on Lagos street in one achievement he could imagine.
I think it is more reason whyhe is still scavenging bad food

4 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by REGINALD001(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19
HE IS NOT AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, THOSE STUFFS ARE STILL VERY VERY GOOD, IN UK HERE FOODS ARE NOT BEING WASTED LIKE THAT, IS NOT ADVISABLE.

THERE'S AN APP MOST OF US USE HERE BOTH WHITES AND OTHERS....... SO WHAT THE STORES DO IS TO PACKAGE THEIR REMAINING STUFFS THAT WILL BE DUE FOR EXPIRATION THE NEXT MORNING AND POST IT ON THE APP FOR A VERY VERY VERY DISCOUNTED PRICES AND YOU WONT EVEN KNOW THE CONTENT OF THE BAG YOU ARE BUYING BECAUSE ITS TAGGED SURPRISED BAG.....BUT IT WILL BE SPECIFIED IF IT'S GROCERIES, PROTEINS, VEG...ETC...........

WITH THAT INSCRIPTION YOU CAN GO FOR THE ONE YOU WANT AND PAY ONLINE ONLY IF IT IS STILL REMAINING, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS CHECK THE APP TO SEE WHICH SHOP HAS BAGS TO SELL, IF STILL AVAILABLE AND WHEN TO GO FOR IT, USUALLY IN THE EVENINS OR LATER IN THE NIGHT........ YOU CAN ALSO SET A NOTIFICATION FOR IT........

BUT AS IT IS COMING OUT, THATS HOW ITS BEING PURCHASED SHARPERLY............ BUT FUNNY ENOUGH THOSE STUFFS CAN STILL GO AS FAR AS ONE WEEK AHEAD WITHOUT ANY ISSUES. IF AM NOT AT WORK AND I AM SHORT OF STOCKS, I WILL JUST BE ALERT FOR THE ONCE I NEED.

BUT IT SEEMS ITS NOT SO IN GERMANY.

7 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by pansophist(m): 10:02pm On Mar 19
Na you sabi that one.

You can never discourage us. We are coming to Germany. If Germany is that bad, why don't you come back? mtchew

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Sweetvie: 10:03pm On Mar 19
Make we hear word undecided No one forced you.
Probably an illegal immigrant
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by lexy2014: 10:07pm On Mar 19
Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man based in Germany has shed light on his daily struggle for sustenance, detailing a diet largely reliant on expired and discarded food items from supermarket trash bins. The man describes a routine of scavenging through supermarket waste bins for edible scraps.

Despite the challenges, the man remains hopeful for change. With a tinge of resignation in his voice, he says, "If tomorrow I come back to Nigeria driving a Jeep, you will envy me, but you won't know what I have been going through here (in Germany)."

and he has time to be doing youtube video

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by emmabest2000(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19
ivolt:
Likely an illegal immigrant.
I hope he hasn't just shot himself in the foot with this publicity stunts
because Germany is in deportation mode right now.

Sweetvie:
Make we hear word undecided No one forced you.
Probably an illegal immigrant

Those illegal immigrants you see are once legal immigrants

If you have money to feed yourself how on earth can you have the danm money to extend your visa ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by sparko1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19
Laird:

He didn't even mention coming to Nigeria and opening a business or opening companies but coming to drive a jeep. Ridiculous

Everyone needs a car, stop analysing everything like an economic crisis.

His message was clear, if he returns and buys a house in Lekki, everyone suddenly thinks it was easy.

3 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by JuanDeDios: 10:08pm On Mar 19
Uniks:
At least it still better than this country
It's not.
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by REGINALD001(m): 10:09pm On Mar 19
pansophist:
Na you sabi that one.

You can never discourage us. We are coming to Germany. If Germany is that bad, why don't you come back? mtchew

70 YEARS OLD MAN IN GERMANY

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by superCleanworks(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19
Shey na supermarket junk you dey chop for Germany.

Your own better pass some babes wey dey chop Arab delicacy for Dubai.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Brainlight: 10:12pm On Mar 19
ednut1:
Person wey pass thru sahara desert too wan dey form? 😭
.... SEE AS YOU DEY TALK AM LIKE SAY TO CROSS MEDITERRANEAN NA BEANS ... YOU FOR KUKUMA SAY ... HIM RENT ... BROOM STICK FROM EDO ... TAKE FLY GO EUROPE.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by JuanDeDios: 10:17pm On Mar 19
Uniks:
why can't you see he still looks fresher neat
But many Nigerians at home look fresh too naa.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by CaptainFM1: 10:18pm On Mar 19
Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man based in Germany has shed light on his daily struggle for sustenance, detailing a diet largely reliant on expired and discarded food items from supermarket trash bins. The man describes a routine of scavenging through supermarket waste bins for edible scraps.

Despite the challenges, the man remains hopeful for change. With a tinge of resignation in his voice, he says, [b] "If tomorrow I come back to Nigeria driving a Jeep, you will envy me, but you won't know what I have been going through here (in Germany)."[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbjovISPvE0

Who will envy you? Only scavengers like you in Nigeria will envy you bro.

People abroad always think people at home are also sleeping. I have a friend that travelled abroad for 15yrs, only to come back to find out that all his colleagues and mates have atleast a bungalow while he's begging to squat around with everyone.

4 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Franzinni: 10:22pm On Mar 19
Most people insulting that man on this thread have never left the border of Nigeria before ... The only abroad you know is on tiktok ... If you go there , you go understand... Go ask Rita Dominique wey reach London begin run care work , you think say nah joke? Your total house rent for 2 years in Nigeria for a 3 bedroom flat for one corner fit no reach you pay for one room self contain for 1 months for Europe ... But who no go no go no.

4 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by ObalendeCMS: 10:23pm On Mar 19
A lizard in naija won't become an alligator in Germany.

It can only become a fatter or bigger one!

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by ivolt: 10:23pm On Mar 19
emmabest2000:

Those illegal immigrants you see are once legal immigrants

If you have money to feed yourself how on earth can you have the danm money to extend your visa ?

Not all of them are once legal immigrants.
Some went through Libaya boats.

As for those who obtain visit or tourist visa and refused to leave,'
they can never become legal unless they first leave and then reapply.
It is not about money.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by 1Sharon(f): 10:25pm On Mar 19
thesicilian:
Saner climes people

You will still kill him with billing

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by ivolt: 10:25pm On Mar 19
RaptorX:
Because the reason for risking drowning in the Mediterranean is not because of bad African leaders like people think on NL, but to come back and pepper the home-based.
Nope, the reason is poverty and the prospect of escaping it.
Nobody risks such journey to make unknown people on the internet happy.
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Chetas81(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19
The IDIOT SUPPOSED COME BACK TO NIGERIA
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Chasito(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19
This one na mumu so we that stayed back in Nigeria, hustling for daily bread, shey we be fools we no get sense na,😂you think Germany is a place U will just go without proper planning, Dey play.😂

Just pray that they will not deport you, with this your publicity stunt.

2 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Ashirioluwa: 10:31pm On Mar 19
Gistmedia10:

Despite the challenges, the man remains hopeful for change. With a tinge of resignation in his voice, he says, "If tomorrow I come back to Nigeria driving a Jeep, you will envy me, but you won't know what I have been going through here (in Germany)."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbjovISPvE0

At the very least, the man was truthful. He informed us of his condition and what he is experiencing in Germany.

A large number of our people are experiencing tough situations abroad, but are unable to express their feelings due to backlash.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by TheTravelingOne(f): 10:46pm On Mar 19
Exactly!!! This is the goal and most don’t tell the real story of how they are suffering in the abroad.

RaptorX:

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Kingbuhari(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19
Hahaha people consider car as achievement. I have built my first , second and on 3rd house now, spent several years abroad, returned last year and borrowed car from cousins, Toyota Corolla 2006 to do wedding.. people were surprised when I told them i didn't come back with any car ... I put my sense inside bag wetin my landlord do me that year I no go forget

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Flame77: 11:02pm On Mar 19
Uniks:
At least it still better than this country

At least him dey see expired or close to expired food chop lol. For 9ja, dem dey repackage expired food sell as tokunbo lol.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Laird(m): 11:06pm On Mar 19
PEACE2023:

Prosperity because you use money to buy it

Prosperity is defined as assets ( income generating or appreciating
investments) and not vehicle+ liabilities? that do not generate income and that are not used for commercial purposes @and not for sale and are not vintage cars hence low resale value

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by zinaunreal(m): 11:09pm On Mar 19
Laird:

It's just figure of speech mumu
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by CockPit: 11:20pm On Mar 19
illegal immigrant alert! go back to your country and have some self-respect?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ibadan In 2017 / Amaechi Inspects Lagos-ibadan Railway(photos) / Minna-Bound Train Derailed In Jebba, 2 Die, I'm Among The Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.