Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps (34018 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Truthshotcrazy: 11:25pm On Mar 19
Laird:
The statement that when people in Nigeria see him driving a Jeep

Id a Jeep šŸš˜ a sign of prosperity or an economic liability.

He didn't even mention coming to Nigeria and opening a business or opening companies but coming to drive a jeep. Ridiculous
Lols na who chop belleful dey buy jeep

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by cococandy(f): 11:32pm On Mar 19
Dumpster diving is not a new thing.

Even some ā€œcomfortableā€ Americans do it from what Iā€™ve seen.
Most supermarket chains and department stores are notorious for tossing perfectly good items and edible food just because of regulations and of course for profit. They rather discard than donate it to shelters. So they can claim the loss on their taxes.

Some divers even resell the items they dumpster dived.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 11:37pm On Mar 19
Scavenging, definitely an illegal immigrant. Omo dey chop Bread and cookies deh go.

NP, Oluaye In Berlin
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by mclloyd22: 11:38pm On Mar 19
Most people here donā€™t understand. This guy is not hungry neither is her homeless looking for food. Na naija boy wey see value in discarded edible that didnā€™t reach the standard of the mart. Those stuffs right there are even fresher than the ones you your self reading this even bought this evening for dinner. Make Una no reason am na the Europe lifestyle unless you come euro with fattened account looking for where to chill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by MaziX(m): 11:52pm On Mar 19
Laird:

Id a Jeep a sign of prosperity or an economic liability.

He didn't even mention coming to Nigeria and opening a business or opening companies but coming to drive a jeep. Ridiculous
do u have a jeep?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by pseudonomer: 12:12am On Mar 20
ivolt:
Likely an illegal immigrant.
I hope he hasn't just shot himself in the foot with this publicity stunt
because Germany is in deportation mode right now.

He is, I know him from TikTok.
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by pseudonomer: 12:13am On Mar 20
mclloyd22:
Most people here donā€™t understand. This guy is not hungry neither is her homeless looking for food. Na naija boy wey see value in discarded edible that didnā€™t reach the standard of the mart. Those stuffs right there are even fresher than the ones you your self reading this even bought this evening for dinner. Make Una no reason am na the Europe lifestyle unless you come euro with fattened account looking for where to chill.

Itā€™s not.
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by pseudonomer: 12:18am On Mar 20
cococandy:
Dumpster diving is not a new thing.

Even some ā€œcomfortableā€ Americans do it from what Iā€™ve seen.
Most supermarket chains abe department stores are notorious for tossing perfectly good items and edible food just because of regulations and of course for profit. They rather discard than donate it to shelters. So they can claim the loss on their taxes.

Some even resell the items they dumpster dived.

The society is structured to benefit big firms, ensuring they donā€™t incur losses. The issue lies on the poor individuals bearing the cost of health problems, despite visible warnings against consuming these products. Therefore, you can not to pursue legal action. Additionally, healthy food is affordable abroad, but refugees often pay the price.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by elobyobi: 12:31am On Mar 20
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it is not necessarily a poor people thing. My church runs a pantry with similarly sourced foods. They practically beg members to come and collect food for free, because the food will otherwise go to waste if nobody comes to take it. I make a good earning, yes. But I can easily save up to $100 a month just by getting my foodstuff from the pantry. That's N150k that I can save and invest in something back home, or send to my family to hold body and soul together.

And no, the food isn't spoiled or anything. It's just not as fresh as the newer batch, that's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Laird(m): 12:43am On Mar 20
MaziX:
do u have a jeep?

Financial literacy is surely a gross and big issue. How is that your business. This shows the level of your mental shallowness.. PATHETIC

Tip; Go and read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. At least start your financial literacy from there
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by MrJames007: 12:44am On Mar 20
UgoFly:
If you are destined to be poor, e no matter where you run go poverty will hold you.
cheesy
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by KIDfurniture(m): 12:48am On Mar 20
This one no dey chop am - e just dey create awareness.

Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man based in Germany has shed light on his daily struggle for sustenance, detailing a diet largely reliant on expired and discarded food items from supermarket trash bins. The man describes a routine of scavenging through supermarket waste bins for edible scraps.

Despite the challenges, the man remains hopeful for change. With a tinge of resignation in his voice, he says, "If tomorrow I come back to Nigeria driving a Jeep, you will envy me, but you won't know what I have been going through here (in Germany)."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbjovISPvE0
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Laird(m): 12:53am On Mar 20
zinaunreal:

It's just figure of speech mumu

You are actually the Dumbo Dolt. OHLODO. Figure of Speech Kor. Metaphor Nii
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Laird(m): 1:01am On Mar 20
PEACE2023:

Prosperity because you use money to buy it

Wrong ; I have seen some prosperous people without jeeps or high end cars. Prosperity is measured by assets ( increase in value or add more income or both )not an SUV or a jeep. Some very rare high end cars qualify as assets but most Nigerians don't buy such and most are mainly sports cars and not jeeps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by meobizy(f): 1:02am On Mar 20
It's a means to survival. Most of the food thrown away is edible for at least three months. Laws are the only reason they are discarded so quick. That man is flexing on the low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by toprealman: 1:21am On Mar 20
Laird:

Is a Jeep a sign of prosperity or an economic liability.

He didn't even mention coming to Nigeria and opening a business or opening companies but coming to drive a jeep. Ridiculous and mental shallowness
In Nigeria and by some shallow minded Nigeriansā€¦.YES!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by pquaver(m): 1:38am On Mar 20
CoronaVirusPro:
They have deceived hommie šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Some class of people would have told him to sell all his assets, that he will recuperate it under one year of working in Germany šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Like I used to say, experience is the best teacher.

Actually u can recover it asfar as Germany is concerned.. But Germany is a country where u have to get ur act right and know important things you are supposed to know..
Integration in Germany is key to ur success.. Without integration e go hard, not saying its not possible but mehn e go hard..
Things u must have in Germany to improve your chances to succeed

1- Identity.. Verifiable identity
2- German language skill
3- Have a formal skill..
4- Be ready for constant self development..

With these things even if u r illegal, these 4 will make u legal.. These are facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by CoronaVirusPro: 2:04am On Mar 20
pquaver:

Actually u can recover it asfar as Germany is concerned.. But Germany is a country where u have to get ur act right and know important things you are supposed to know..
Integration in Germany is key to ur success.. Without integration e go hard, not saying its not possible but mehn e go hard..
Things u must have in Germany to improve your chances to succeed

1- Identity.. Verifiable identity
2- German language skill
3- Have a formal skill..
4- Be ready for constant self development..

With these things even if u r illegal, these 4 will make u legal.. These are facts

You made valid points. But you know those ā€œgangsā€. that never tell them what it takes. They only sell dreams without stating what it takes.

That false notion has misled many.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by dominion001(m): 2:05am On Mar 20
If person lazy finish he go dey find excuses up and down. Other Nigerians are living very comfortably in same Germany.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by TheWinterBird(f): 2:13am On Mar 20
What's stopping him from getting a job and making money instead of what he's doing?
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Papayaayasager(m): 3:12am On Mar 20
Bongadu:

That's a BATified nigger

Who ever post this is not from where he portray his from

Posting this kind of thing just to cause trouble among the tribes or political parties

This is bad real bad
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Rolings: 3:52am On Mar 20
Mindlog:
Thrash!

Is anyone forcing him to remain in Germany?

He probably can't afford the flight ticket back home ..... He can't even feed properly
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by banku: 4:01am On Mar 20
I heard you kick your dad in the morning: una get up.
Is that your dad you are pissing on?
Bongadu:

That's a BATified nigger
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Theunbothered: 4:31am On Mar 20
Laird:

He didn't even mention coming to Nigeria and opening a business or opening companies but coming to drive a jeep. Ridiculous and mental shallowness

Mumu at home, mumu abroad, he doesn't even need to do any of this.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Theunbothered: 4:34am On Mar 20
sparko1:

Everyone needs a car, stop analysing everything like an economic crisis.

His message was clear, if he returns and buys a house in Lekki, everyone suddenly thinks it was easy.

He's dumb and needs to stop living for the validation of outsiders.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Adakintroy: 4:36am On Mar 20
Na normal thing.

This are people making space ship. Whatever you know compare to them..you still be like village boy Weh come Lagos new. We think too highly of ourselves almost. In a naive way. Those guys know we are inferior to them. It's only us who think we are equal.

1 Like

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Pikadili: 5:21am On Mar 20
wunmi590:

Pray you stay long before dreaming of driving jeep in Nigeria with expired food..

Though not all food get expired Immediately, there are some that once they passed their shelf life, they can still be edible for like 2-3month, but in a saner climes, once they check the body of the item and it has expired, it is a no no to display or sell in the supermarket again, and there SON work effectively there...

You mean Germany has standard organisation of Nigeria?
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by mu2sa2: 5:28am On Mar 20
Laird:

They're like that - SEers, SSers, SWers, fake and shallow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by Kakamorufu(m): 5:46am On Mar 20
Wetin come consign me naw. Who force ya... Ozuor angry
Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:46am On Mar 20
mclloyd22:

grin grin grin

Don't mind them with their big mouth making ignorant statements

Virtually almost all the meats in Nigeria markets are not inspected and tagged! shocked

Many more, much more people including middle class and low class under this tiniblution regime can only afford 0 0 1 unbalanced meal each day.

2 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by maasoap(m): 6:24am On Mar 20
Laird:

That's probably the kind of mentality that got him into this situation in the first place grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps by jworg: 6:55am On Mar 20
Gangster1ms:
Idiots will leave Nigeria without proper planning all in the name of japa. I don't pity them

No be small, as for me I no dey japa mode at all my own na to make dollars here in Nigeria. Abeg make una support us wey wan stay Naija earn in dollars an send am here. Bellow na Link to my YouTube channel. The first-ever YouTube channel wey narrate story in Pidgin English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqZMHjKX3s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Dies As Truck Loaded With Petroleum Product Crashes In Anambra (Photos) / Groomsman Dies In Accident Involving Newly Married Couple In Lagos / My Adventurous Trip Across The Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.