Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Lexus Transmission Oil Change! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Transmission Oil Change! (330 Views)

Transmission Oil Change / Please I Want To Know The Type Of Transmission Oil For Lexus Es350 / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by Yobo34(m): 6:52pm On Mar 19
Hello I’m confused, I want to know if it’s safe to change the transmission oil when the gearbox is hot that is after it’s been driven or when it’s cold.
Please help. This is for ES350.
Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by advanceDNA: 7:04pm On Mar 19
Yobo34:
Hello I’m confused, I want to know if it’s safe to change the transmission oil when the gearbox is hot that is after it’s been driven or when it’s cold.

Park the car today ...Don't start it until u Change the oil tomorrow...make e cool well well

Some technician even disengage the battery terminal and reconnect after pouring the oil..that it may require reprogramming if they don't disengage ...some don't....

Different technician with different experiences they've passed through...all is to prevent transmission damage they might have experienced previously or someone else experienced..
Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by 2shure: 7:20pm On Mar 19
Oil is oil. No where it was written to wait for engine or gear to col down before pouring it in. Its only when u need to bring down a gear that it needs to be cool. Stupid myth by nairalanders. Oh boy drain the oil and pour another one put.nothing go happen to the gear.

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by alpharoyalty: 7:40pm On Mar 19
It makes sense to change the oil when the engine/gear box is cold but please don't let any over-sabi mechanic touch your gear oil filter o.
Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by Yobo34(m): 10:04am On Mar 20
alpharoyalty:
It makes sense to change the oil when the engine/gear box is cold but please don't let any over-sabi mechanic touch your gear oil filter o.

So there’s no need to wash the oil filter?
Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by Colandrewnda: 10:14am On Mar 20
Yobo34:

So there’s no need to wash the oil filter?
When trouble sleep yanga go wake am wetin him dey find shocked shocked shocked
Op leave your gear ooooooohhhhh before we hear story that touches the heart grin grin grin grin
Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by ipobcannibals: 8:49pm On Mar 20
Yobo34:
Why do you want to chane your transmission fluid/oil? Is the gear having issues changing? If not, I beg you not to embark on such adventure, and if you must, make sure you get the original transmission fluid for your car, because fake too much for market.

Take note: tokunbo transmission for that ES350 is over 1M
Re: Lexus Transmission Oil Change! by nurey(m): 3:39am On Mar 21
Yobo34:

The transmission is sensitive and fragile when it comes to dirt. If you want to change the fluid, ensure it is done by a qualified tech in a clean environment because any debris introduced during fluid change will cause transmission failure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Need / What Is The Importance Of Electronic Power Control (EPC) Warning Light / Reasons For The Increase In Foreign Car Prices In 1399

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.