Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Transmission Oil Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Oil Change (2067 Views)

Please I Want To Know The Type Of Transmission Oil For Lexus Es350 / .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transmission Oil Change by adesanyadotun: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
How many litres do I need to change WS transmission fluid of Toyota Camry 2010. 2 AR engine
Re: Transmission Oil Change by cjeriia: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
2.85litres for a drain and fill while you need about 6.7liters for a complete flush.
Re: Transmission Oil Change by adesanyadotun: 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
cjeriia:
2.85litres for a drain and fill while you need about 6.7liters for a complete flush.
Thanks
How is complete flush done?
Re: Transmission Oil Change by cjeriia: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
adesanyadotun:

Thanks
You need to remove the oil in the torque converter too. The torque converter holds about 3.84ltrs of oil. Get a mechanic that knows his onions to do it.
Re: Transmission Oil Change by David50: 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
adesanyadotun:

Thanks

Do not attempt a flush.

A simple drain and refill will suffice.

Then drive around for about a month, then repeat the drain and refill again.
Re: Transmission Oil Change by melviniyke2002(m): 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
cjeriia:

You need to remove the oil in the torque converter too. The torque converter holds about 3.84ltrs of oil. Get a mechanic that knows his onions to do it.
pls just drain n refil.....before u spoil ur gear box n become mechanic friend.....
Re: Transmission Oil Change by melviniyke2002(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
adesanyadotun:
How many litres do I need to change WS transmission fluid of Toyota Camry 2010. 2 AR engine
Why do u want to change it
Re: Transmission Oil Change by adesanyadotun: 7:58am On Aug 26, 2020
melviniyke2002:
Why do u want to change it
I just got the car as Nig used. I noticed some carefree maintenance by the previous user and since the model does not have a dip stick to check the automatic gear oil I'm a bit worry about the conditions of the ATF inside the system.
Besides, I noticed twice that the car was sluggish moving and I had to rev more than necessary and shifted to pack and reengaged before having smooth movement.
Re: Transmission Oil Change by cjeriia: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2020
melviniyke2002:
pls just drain n refil.....before u spoil ur gear box n become mechanic friend.....
Simply put. No need to stress yourself
Re: Transmission Oil Change by adesanyadotun: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
cjeriia:

Simply put. No need to stress yourself

Re: Transmission Oil Change by adesanyadotun: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
David50:

Do not attempt a flush.

A simple drain and refill will suffice.

Then drive around for about a month, then repeat the drain and refill again.

No single drop of oil inside the box when we wanted to drain it. We prime it with new oil and what came out was disgusting black.

U noticed a leak after driving around. We may have to open the converter to seal the leak.
Re: Transmission Oil Change by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2020
adesanyadotun:

No single drop of oil inside the box when we wanted to drain it. We prime it with new oil and what came out was disgusting black.

U noticed a leak after driving around. We may have to open the converter to seal the leak.
Damn. Goodluck bro. Keep us posted on the outcome.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord DC Is Jerking On 3000rpm / Engine Ringing! Please Help / Urgent,sienna 99 Gear Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.