Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Does Phone Signal Booster Work? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Phone Signal Booster Work? (284 Views)

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? / How Does Wifi Booster Work? / How Does Phone Master On Infinix Phones Work ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Kehl(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19
Hello

Please i have a challenge where i newly moved into... I barely get network inside the flat, it's so bad that even making calls is a big problem. However just outside my door, at the balcony, I have full 5g network. I've been wondering the best solution for this problem.

My little research made me learn about signal boosters. I don't know if they're reliable and if they'll work in my situation.

Please if you've used them or u have a different solution, please share.
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Zwooks: 8:13pm On Mar 19
I bought one. In deep rural back then. Never used it before I moved to the urban back. If you want a used one, I can sell it to you

2 Likes

Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by darocha1: 8:28pm On Mar 19
Yes it does. The days of phone call at n50/min

Someone will make call of 1min 1sec and will have to cough out n100. Gen Z kids will not understand the pain in this.

Not to derail, those days, we used signal booster. We used antenna and other stuffs to improve signal strength and make your call center more competitive than the next trekkable one

3 Likes

Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Kehl(m): 9:19am On Mar 21
darocha1:
Yes it does. The days of phone call at n50/min

Someone will make call of 1min 1sec and will have to cough out n100. Gen Z kids will not understand the pain in this.

Not to derail, those days, we used signal booster. We used antenna and other stuffs to improve signal strength and make your call center more competitive than the next trekkable one

Do you think it fits into my situation... Can it solve the problem?
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:38am On Mar 22
Signal Boosters are illegal to use in Nigeria. NCC always warns against using them. You can be prosecuted if it's discovered you're using it.

2 Likes

Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by achorladey: 1:20pm On Apr 01
Zwooks:
I bought one. In deep rural back then. Never used it before I moved to the urban back. If you want a used one, I can sell it to you

Is this still available and how much?
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by achorladey: 1:20pm On Apr 01
Rapsowdee01:
Signal Boosters are illegal to use in Nigeria. NCC always warns against using them. You can be prosecuted if it's discovered you're using it.

Really?
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Zwooks: 2:10pm On Apr 01
achorladey:

Is this still available and how much?
Yes. Bring 45k
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Rapsowdee01(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by PulsingPurple(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01
Kehl:
Hello

Please i have a challenge where i newly moved into... I barely get network inside the flat, it's so bad that even making calls is a big problem. However just outside my door, at the balcony, I have full 5g network. I've been wondering the best solution for this problem.

My little research made me learn about signal boosters. I don't know if they're reliable and if they'll work in my situation.

They work alright.

Don't fall for fakes sha, most of them that I trust only 3g/4g. Dunno for 5g.
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by PulsingPurple(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by PulsingPurple(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01
Rapsowdee01:

Yes really...

https://www.nairaland.com/6561434/gsm-booster-ncc-warns-against

They cause interference issues sha.

But they're still on sale
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Zwooks: 6:03pm On Apr 01
PulsingPurple:

They work alright.

Don't fall for fakes sha, most of them that I trust only 3g/4g. Dunno for 5g.

Do not say what you do not know. How many people can afford 5G phones for example ?
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by PulsingPurple(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01
Zwooks:

Do not say what you do not know. How many people can afford 5G phones for example ?

Bro we're not beefing sha.

OP was talking about 5g signal, that's why I made mention.
Re: Does Phone Signal Booster Work? by Darkseid(m): 8:43am On Apr 02
Kehl:
Hello

Those stuffs don't work shït. Network is pretty bad in the market I am and I know about 10 people who have had it installed in their shops. So far they've all packed it up as it barely makes any difference, in fact it makes the service around it even worse.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Things I Dont Like About The Samsung Galaxy A35 / Phone Problem / Please How Do I Go On My 4g Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.