Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada (605 Views)

Understanding The Difference Between Reading And Studying... / Break Down Of Living And Studying In Uganda(photos) / Step By Step Process Of Applying And Studying In Norway For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by healthmister01(m): 10:21pm On Mar 19
By Ogechukwukamma Christine Kalu on Facebook.

After experiencing USA, I NEVER want to permanently reside in Canada.

This is due to personal preference and your opinion matters, while it matters it may also be very different from mine and I want you to know that it’s okay. It’s okay to have varying views about certain things - this topic inclusive.

Before coming to America, I wanted to so badly relocate to Canada. Canada was my dream country, I loved the idea of it. I had never sat down to research about the country, specific things like work, taxes, housing, etc. I only loved the fact that it opened its doors to us and students could work off campus. Also liked the transitions and pathways it avail students looking at permanently residing in the country. That was it!

It happened that I touched down America before actually experiencing Canada. And I will say these countries are two distinct entities - in almost all aspects. Vaguely, I can describe Canada as a retirement home vibe and America as the youthful country where you can thrive, make that money then go to Canada to retire in peace cause there’s no peace for the wicked in America

Canada is calm. It gives you this “don’t rush” vibe, enjoy yourself but pay the bills kind of vibe. But America just has a way of making you hustle, making you thrive and push you to want more for yourself.

Additionally, the fact that you can lose your job and be unable to actually get a good job almost immediately in Canada is a huge drawback for me. While this is a possibility, the chances are very low. The reality of job seekers is nothing compared to the perception people have of Canada.

More annoying is the pay gap between the both countries, people in America earn higher in terms of wages. And this isn’t even due to the currency difference. I strongly feel that Canadian employers need to do BETTER!!

Now this point may seem bias - or maybe untrue, I feel like the systemic racism in career advancement is implicit in Canada - making it more difficult for people of color to truly really advance in top level positions. This point can be debateable (I may need to hear opinion from people who actually live in Canada)

After my 19th trip to Canada I knew I only wanted to be a visitor or be citizen and not necessarily live and earn and work there. A Nigerian-Canadian once told me “I want to spend my youth in America hustling and my late 40s in Canada chilling” and I totalling understood him!

Canada seems slow to me, even the fast lane is not fast enough. I want MOOOOORE! I don’t know but this is just my thoughts, the first time I touched down Ontario I was like okay? Where’s the happening place? They said Toronto, then I went there and I was like okay where in Toronto exactly? Cause Wetin be this?

While I am shaking so many tables with this post, I want to mention that Canada has one of the best healthcare system compared to America - now that I have given you your flowers let’s move on to housing.

Or maybe just stop here because housing deserves its own full post.

FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AND TRAVEL INFO, VISIT US 👇👇👇

https://www.essiebookblog.com.ng/2024/03/why-working-and-studying-in-usa-is-more.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by otipoju(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19
Gun violence in USA is Malad.

If you don't know how to move or read body language, some frustrated soul will just shoot you for no valid reason.

Psycho people full there abeg. One mofo was driving way too slow on a two lane road, I honked for him to speed up only for him to do so after like 5 minutes and them switch to the left lane baiting me to overtake so he can start his wahala.

He moved into a left turn lane at the intersection and as I passed him he followed me. I laughed because I had read him a long way back.

I quickly turned right into a side street, made two quick right turns, stopped and then face the road i was coming from.

As I turned into the first side street, I saw him from my side mirror switch lanes from the left turn lane to continue straight so as to catch up
with me.

After waiting for about 3 minutes, I returned back to the highway and who did I see, the car was about 3 cars in front, continuing straight to where the original left turn would have taken him.Meaning he followed me into the side street, but lost me because I had made those two quick sharp rights before he got to make his the first right turn I made. So he turned back to continue on his original route.

I just turned right at the intersection and made the interstate.

One simple honk to nudge you to move faster...mad person won kill person.

If you no know the signs, dem go just shoot person for nothing. People wey life don tire or are looking for a way to go back to jail so as to get free food and shelter plenty.

You go comot for club, you no go know sey somebody wey you offend for inside cluvb wey you no know don dey wait for you outside, to pursue your car and shoot you on the highway or stop sign.

Once my kids don dey of age wey dem fit take care of themselves,na to move all of them to Canada for high school.

4 Likes

Re: Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by healthmister01(m): 10:54pm On Mar 19
otipoju:

If you don't know how to move or read body language, some frustrated soul will just shoot you for no valid reason.

Psycho people full there abeg. One mofo was driving way too slow on a two lane road, I honked for him to speed up only for him to do so after like 5 minutes and them switch to the left lane baiting me to overtake so he can start his wahala.

He moved into a left turn lane at the intersection and as I passed him he followed me. I laughed because I had read him a long way back.

I quickly turned right into a side street, made two quick right turns, stopped and then face the road i was coming from.

As I turned into the first side street, I saw him from my side mirror switch lanes from the left turn lane to continue straight so as to catch up
with me.

After waiting for about 3 minutes, I returned back to the highway and who did I see, the car was about 3 cars in front, continuing straight to where the original left turn would have taken him.

If you no know the signs, dem go just shoot person for nothing.

Wow. Glad you got out safely. Very true. Gun violence is rampant in the USA. Thanks for sharing 👌💪
Re: Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by Yankee101: 1:58am On Mar 20
If America is Abuja central, Canada is Gwagwalada

1 Like

Re: Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by id4sho(m): 7:26am On Mar 20
otipoju:

with me.

After waiting for about 3 minutes, I returned back to the highway and who did I see, the car was about 3 cars in front, continuing straight to where the original left turn would have taken him.Meaning he followed me into the side street, but lost me because I had made those two quick sharp rights before he got to make his the first right turn I made. So he turned back to continue on his original route.

If you no know the signs, dem go just shoot person for nothing. People wey life don tire or are looking for a way to go back to jail so as to get free food and shelter plenty.

You go comot for club, you no go know sey somebody wey you offend for inside cluvb wey you no know don dey wait for you outside, to pursue your car and shoot you on the highway or stop sign.

Once my kids don dey of age wey dem fit take care of themselves,na to move all of them to Canada for high school.

Wahala
Re: Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by YorubaKing: 4:10pm On Mar 20
Of course, you can NEVER compare U.S.A and Canada. My former roommate was a 9ja with a Canadian passport. He got a Job in the U.S with a TN-1 visa and he never wanna go back to Canada after spending 3yrs here in the U.S.

The opportunities in the U.S are unlimited and too vast compared to Canada.

Toronto, the biggest metro in Canada is more like the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN which isn't even a first 15 biggest metro in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: Why Working And Studying In USA Is More Better And Convient Than In Canada by NFBI: 8:50pm On Mar 20
otipoju:

with me.

This is what is always on my mind concerning the US

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Origin Of The Word "Honeymoon" / Lasu Is Not Serious: / Controversy Over Hike In Tution Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.