Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,792 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months (10608 Views)

Greatest Naira Comeback Unleashes Prospects For Economic Turnaround - THISDAY / Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround By December / Fani Kayode Replies Dino For Mocking Tinubu Promises "Fire For Fire" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Paraman: 10:57pm On Mar 19
President Bola Tinubu on Tuesday said the economy is taking a turn for the better and Nigerians will “all smile once again” in the coming months.

He noted that some nations have undergone worse economic experiences than Nigeria has in the past few months.

Tinubu, who was represented by Vice President Kashim Shettima, made these assertions when he hosted ministers, service chiefs and other top government officials at the Banquet Hall of the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja, for a Ramadan Iftar (breaking of fast).

He said, “Luckily, the economy is turning the corner. By the grace of God, in the coming months, we will have a bountiful harvest season and we shall all smile once again.

“Honourable ministers, service chiefs, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, we have crossed the rubicon and the nation is on its path to sustained growth. Some nations have gone through worse cases in the annals of their history than us.

“The President is working for this nation. He has a good heart for the nation and we have the moral duty to support him in doing whatever way we can to salvage the nation.”

Describing Ramadan as a season of forgiveness and generosity, Tinubu called for prayers for the “restoration of peace and stability in the country.”

He said the overlap of Lent and Ramadan “buttresses the fact that what binds us together exceeds what separates us.”

On his part, the Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Lateef Fagbemi thanked the President for the gesture, assuring him of their support in ensuring the nation’s success.

He said, “Mr President, thank you for hosting us this evening…I pray that Allah will continue to enable you. No matter how wealthy you are, there are still things you ask from him.

“I don’t have to look at the crystal ball, but I know one or two. May he grant you your requests.

“About the state of nation, all of us will work and support you to ensure success. This is the ninth day, and I pray that we will all see the end of the Ramadan.”

The cabinet members and service chiefs are the President’s second set of Iftar guests. He is expected to host more such gatherings with senior government officials in the course of the holy month.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-promises-economic-turnaround-in-coming-months/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Lawalemi(m): 10:58pm On Mar 19
Scammer

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Foreverly02: 11:04pm On Mar 19
We've heard a lot of promises
Contact me for your academic assignment,for professional work. Number in my signature 👇👇

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by TINTINABULATION(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19
I already know the pendulum of this thread grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 19
Paraman your president is clueless.. his try and error policy would have plunged Nigeria into deep crisis thank God he pegged the dollar. You don't float the naira when you don't export much. Bunch of criminals in government looking to loot all the can

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Gadafii: 11:41pm On Mar 19
Same tilinbu that promised to hit the ground and running

29 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Godfullsam(m): 11:52pm On Mar 19
Promise no dey taya this Tinubu gofment?

61 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by libertyfather(m): 12:29am On Mar 20
yinmu...😏

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by ZombieTAMER: 12:44am On Mar 20
Lawalemi:
Scammer

This is the government of "will" "shall" "to"

they never gets anything done aside stealing funds and padding budget

Awon renewed hope budget.. SMH

Tinubu knows the people he can scam..

The fool will promise even on the day of his handover.. incompetent thief

32 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by ZombieTAMER: 12:46am On Mar 20
Gadafii:
Same tilinbu that promised to hit the ground and running

someone that immediately moved the naira from 700 a dollar to 1500..

what did you think he meant..

Make a dollar equal one naira cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by blacknp(m): 1:04am On Mar 20
ZombieTAMER:

someone that immediately moved the naira from 700 a dollar to 1500..

what did you think he meant..

Make a dollar equal one naira cheesy
You mind functions as, or you must be under 18 years of age? Make snow start to fall for Nigeria is as unrealistic as you sound.

Because only a jobless person, that doesn’t understand the value of work ethics & money, could utter such nonsense?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by blacknp(m): 1:05am On Mar 20
ZombieTAMER:

This is the government of "will" "shall" "to"

they never gets anything done aside stealing funds and padding budget

Awon renewed hope budget.. SMH

Tinubu knows the people he can scam..

The fool will promise even on the day of his handover.. incompetent thief
Na you wey dey helpless they hope on Tinubu with style, if not wetin concern you with person wey you despise?

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months, na em you hurriedly entered the thread immediately?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by BitterTruth01: 3:48am On Mar 20
blacknp:
You mind functions as, or you must be under 18 years of age? Make snow start to fall for Nigeria is as unrealistic as you sound.

Because only a jobless person, that doesn’t understand the value of work ethics & money, could utter such nonsense?

Go grab a seat and stfu

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by pipnator00(m): 3:54am On Mar 20
Audio turn around?
Na so Buhari promise us turn around until 8 years pass.
Baba Tinubu hope this isn't audio turn around!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by lonelydora: 3:58am On Mar 20
Tinubu has nothing to offer. Don't expect anything good to come from him

Oh, I remember....they are teaching Peter Obi and Obidients a lesson

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by TANID(m): 3:58am On Mar 20
Hmmm
Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 4:02am On Mar 20
Futuristic as always... We will, we vowed to... Tinimbum sets to...

Bro thinks he's still campaigning. Someone wake bro up, government is not run by Nzogbu nzogbu propaganda every time

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by DiscoverID: 4:05am On Mar 20
1, 2, 3 ... Go! Just be patient and read comments from emergency lovers of Nigeria 🇳🇬. They only love Nigeria only when their tribesmen is ruling. #BeStill...

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by NotGej: 4:05am On Mar 20
Empty promises with no clear cut action plan! But with God take the wheel strategy. SMH

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 4:06am On Mar 20
bastard vagabond Tinimbum, God punish you and all your Ronu supporters

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by BreconHills(m): 4:07am On Mar 20
pipnator00:
Audio turn around?
Na so Buhari promise us turn around until 8 years pass.
Baba Tinubu hope this isn't audio turn around!

It depends on how you define a turn around. USD rates? Fuel prices? Inflation? Unemployment? You need to define it. Nigeria could back to 300 to the USD and yet the economy could be doing poorly.

Define it so that anyone who want to talk intelligently can respond to you..

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 4:08am On Mar 20
DiscoverID:
1, 2, 3 ... Go! Just be patient and read comments from emergency lovers of Nigeria 🇳🇬. They only love Nigeria only when their tribesmen is ruling. #BeStill...

You pahpah, see you openly supporting a renowned and well recognized international drug baron cheesy

Shame dey catch me for you

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by DiscoverID: 4:09am On Mar 20
Point to me any negative comments above that is not from an ibo man and I will give you 500k instantly. The emergency lovers of Nigeria.

FOOTSOLDIER2:

You pahpah, see you openly supporting a renowned and well recognized international drug baron cheesy

Shame dey catch me for you

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by jubrilELsudan: 4:14am On Mar 20
IF I SAY WHAT IS ON MY MIND NIGERIA WILL BURN AND NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by jeffizy(m): 4:16am On Mar 20
So much negativity in a thread. Where do y'all get this negative energy from, so early in the morning?

Hian!

Last time I checked, you were all floating #notmypresident.
So why are you still stressed out pouring bile everywhere? grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Ykc2(m): 4:20am On Mar 20
Whenever nigerian politicians are talking about prayers you will begin to wonder if they really believe what they are saying,

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Dexy4yah(m): 4:22am On Mar 20
This man sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by wizelink(m): 4:25am On Mar 20
Promises upon promises, hunger dey presdo. Abeg results should be tricking down by now not promises.
Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by imoowo(m): 4:27am On Mar 20
U are indeed an idiot u want to make it tribal, are ibos the only people in this country or on nairaland. I think something is wrong with ur head. Are ibos the reason for this hardship.
DiscoverID:
Point to me any negative comments above that is not from an ibo man and I will give you 500k instantly. The emergency lovers of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround In Coming Months by Sirseedorf(m): 4:27am On Mar 20
We pray it should be o, we have no other country to pray for than Nigeria progress.

Irorun eku, ni irorun eye o..

God bless my country...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s FX Reserves Drop To $32bn — Lowest Level In Six Years / Reps Kill Motion To Immortalise M. K. O. Abiola / FG To Earn $2bn From New Cash Call Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.