Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State (36369 Views)

Totalenergies Shuts Down Alaoji 405MW Power Plant Over Vandalization / Operation Paramole: Oduduwa Nation Security Force Launched In Ogun (Photos) / Ben Ayade: The Making Of Another Power Drunk Tyrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Cosbyrich: 3:25pm On Mar 20
horsepower102:

Source: Greatabia
Great news!!
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by PDPGuy: 3:31pm On Mar 20
horsepower102:
Enyimba economic city is the main project I am waiting for. They are going to break ground 2nd quarter of this year.
Wow! That project would position Abia as the economic nerve center of the SE
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Gboom: 3:32pm On Mar 20
searchlight:
How does your lame comment change the fact that when renovated, will give Abians more power? So Jonathan even built something but you never agreed until now. Foolish people everywhere in the ZOO.
Why are pained? chai!
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Cromagnon: 3:34pm On Mar 20
derecho:
I'm sure Tinubu won't be happy.
This development in abia is indicting to him and his fellow politicians claiming there's no money.

There's no money yet they are wasting money on useless palliatives.
oh now the palliatives are useless but una dey cry for them before
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Rolings: 3:35pm On Mar 20
AustineE1:
Who said Igbos are not united?see the unity of purpose among Igbos,trying to put the entire South East on a speed lane of development....something big is happening,posterity will certainly be on our side!God's willing.

And ALL this happening under APC government that y'all like maligning so much.
Barth Project got delayed by 13 years by a PDP man o.

So when next y'all want to malign APC remember this post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by FatherOfJesus: 3:44pm On Mar 20
Rolings:

And ALL this happening under APC government that y'all like maligning so much.
Barth Project got delayed by 13 years by a PDP man o.

So when next y'all want to malign APC remember this post
APC has ruled for 11 years bro.
Why wasn't it commissioned 11 years ago?
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Rolings: 3:57pm On Mar 20
FatherOfJesus:

Why wasn't it commissioned 11 years ago?

APC is in the 9th year.... So 11 years ago we were still in PDP era
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by NSK4U(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20
Some people are not going to be happy over this development but in God we trust
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by EdiskyHarry: 5:04pm On Mar 20
While governors in my state are building worship centers
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by gabbytabby: 5:53pm On Mar 20
May God continue to give us leaders who leave their foot prints on the sands of time.

horsepower102:

Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Djponpin1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20
aieromon:

The plant was built under the FG-conceived National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) and commissioned in 2015. The plant is owned by the Niger Delta Power Holding Company which also manages:

Olorunsogo Power Plant, Ogun
Gbarain Power Plant, Bayelsa
Ihovbor Power Plant, Edo
Omoku Power Plant, Rivers
Egbema Power Plant, Imo
Sapele Power Plant, Delta
Omotosho Power Plant, Ondo
Calabar Power Plant, Cross River
Geregu Power Plant, Kogi (built under NIPP and sold in 2013)

Your point is invalid as the planned upgrade is a Federal Government intervention.

https://www.ndphc.net/alaoji

https://newtelegraphng.com/ndphc-begins-massive-increase-in-capacity-of-alaoji-power-generating-plant/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csy9SmeIp0g?si=Os1f1cLL1mywdaY4

Information is power………

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Futureyahooboi(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20
Una dey find power abi; na now una go see Weti dem dey call POWER TO THE PEOPLE
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Nijimog: 6:43pm On Mar 20
Goodlady:
Is it for Abia alone or for all of Nigeria?

What about the north, heat too plenty for Abuja naa.
Epp the needy. Give us like 500mw. 💋
this woman, why do u like this picture a lot

E be like say, you like masquerade wella
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20
horsepower102:
Enyimba economic city is the main project I am waiting for. They are going to break ground 2nd quarter of this year.

Never heard of it
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by tishbite43: 7:11pm On Mar 20
Charly68:
As if you succeeded the one you fought before
We're not afraid to fight at all and you know that
Try nonsense and see nonsense
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Goodlady(f): 7:51pm On Mar 20
Nijimog:
this woman, why do u like this picture a lot

E be like say, you like masquerade wella
😂 That masquerade is cute ni.
My future husband must be a masquerade.

Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Nijimog: 7:54pm On Mar 20
Goodlady:

😂 That masquerade is cute ni.
My future husband must be a masquerade.
nawa

I forbid am 4 u

U go marry better man not egugu
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by MrPristine: 8:06pm On Mar 20
Putindbutt:

What?, $16billion to generate a mere 3,000MW?, are you a slowpoke?, are you from a lineage of thieves?

If your brain is working, you would have read where I said that they LIED, the amount spent as at the time they started their propaganda was just $3.1 billion and 11 power plants were being simultaneously built and not just one. Not everyone is as daft and gullible as you are.
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by fortunechy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 20
Indeed Abia State is God's own State.....And Enugu State is still in the hand of God...
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by PHAYOL81: 9:14pm On Mar 20
Now that's good news. Other states should emulate this. Let's make this good development a competition. Lagos, over to you.
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by samz77: 9:42pm On Mar 20
[quote author=ConfidentialDoc post=129016912]Lagos will soon lose half of it's population.[/quote We they plan to even deport you people back to the sadeast]
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by FatherOfJesus: 9:56pm On Mar 20
Rolings:

APC is in the 9th year.... So 11 years ago we were still in PDP era
ok my mistake, so why wasn't it commissioned 9 years ago?
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by oyatz(m): 10:04pm On Mar 20
SoNature:
They should unbundle the complicated power dynamics so that state can start generating power and start selling to others to make money. Please don't renew Discos licenses when it expires in 5 years' time.

As for this news story, there's more to it because I have always considered that power station as one of the key power stations of the country.

The electricity laws has been amended for States to participate in the electricity sector but most people here are blatantly ignorant.
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Morphinne: 10:48pm On Mar 20
I love this and also love the fact that this is coming from an opposition. Thanks Abia for setting the pace. Now, let the healthy competition begin
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by Vision101(m): 11:42pm On Mar 20
horsepower102:

The one that they commissioned, I no see light ooo. I dey live for Aba. Audio commissioning everywhere.
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by after4: 12:26am On Mar 21
Those states you mentioned don't have governors? When are they going to work on their own? After all delta state collects the highest allocation, what are they doing with it. Abi na bad belle dey worry you
aieromon:

The plant was built under the FG-conceived National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) and commissioned in 2015. The plant is owned by the Niger Delta Power Holding Company which also manages:

Olorunsogo Power Plant, Ogun
Gbarain Power Plant, Bayelsa
Ihovbor Power Plant, Edo
Omoku Power Plant, Rivers
Egbema Power Plant, Imo
Sapele Power Plant, Delta
Omotosho Power Plant, Ondo
Calabar Power Plant, Cross River
Geregu Power Plant, Kogi (built under NIPP and sold in 2013)

Your point is invalid as the planned upgrade is a Federal Government intervention.

https://www.ndphc.net/alaoji

https://newtelegraphng.com/ndphc-begins-massive-increase-in-capacity-of-alaoji-power-generating-plant/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csy9SmeIp0g?si=Os1f1cLL1mywdaY4
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by gideonvalor98(m): 2:13am On Mar 21
derecho:
I'm sure Tinubu won't be happy.
This development in abia is indicting to him and his fellow politicians claiming there's no money.

There's no money yet they are wasting money on useless palliatives.

Mumu boy! Abia no collect FAAC? Abi you no know how much your short man borrow?
Pray make the tax for loan repayment no send you Abians to early grave.
Generations to come go feel am!
Re: Alaoji: Another Power Plant (1074MW) Getting Ready To Be Launched In Abia State by pacino26(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31
Justnation:

Why are you like this? Why the severe pain and heartache about good things in igboland?

must you lie about anything concerning south east?

You're privileged to be a CERTIFIED LVNATIQ and if you want to debunk my statement kindly do so with facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Climbed Billboard To Protest Against Buhari In Yola (More Details) / Wike: Policeman In Mufti Blocked My Convoy With AK-47 Rifle / Al-Makura's Convoy Helps Accident Victims - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.