Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog (18749 Views)

US Approves First Gene Therapies To Treat Sickle Cell Patients / Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by blowjohn(m): 4:54pm On Mar 20
AntiChristian:
Gradually scientists are moving forward to stopping the viruses they created!

Anyways, abstinence is our main cure!

If u believe this, then believe Nigeria will land a space shuttle next 5 years on the moon.

They are always coming up with something close.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by sonnie10: 4:59pm On Mar 20
I remember explaining how this is possible years ago. Now someone else is being celebrated.
The same process but different applications. It all about deleting part of blocks that form DNA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Broveens42(m): 5:02pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Don't do this abeg. At first, I was thinking you're in the health sector, but not anymore
Everything you typed up there is not true.

I won't get any journal on our U-5 mortality precolonial era because no study was done, or if it was done, then it wasn't documented.
Secondly, your forefathers didn't excel in anything. Polio can kill, the ones who survived the disease are the ones with paralysis!!!
Lastly, FGM can kill as well, either through sepsis or uncontrollable haemorrhage. And there's a link between postpartum haemorrhage and FGM!!!

Stop gloating over poor stereotypes, influenced by the laughable 6334 educational system. Aka cram work
You just mentioned theoritical knowledge without bringing out facts and figures as expected.

For instance, it is a popular knowledge there's possiblity of haemorrhage during FGm , but there are also natural substances (vasoconstrictors) our forefathers used for unforseen circumstances.

Give us the mortality rates for under-fives in eastern Nigeria from 12th- 20th century, then give us mortality rates for under-fives from 20th till date.

As for trying to know my profession.
I laugh in 3D
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by drimzsmoke(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20
Broveens42:

Stop gloating over poor stereotypes, influenced by the laughable 6334 educational system. Aka cram work
You just mentioned theoritical knowledge without bringing out facts and figures as expected.

For instance, it is a popular knowledge there's possiblity of haemorrhage during FGm , but there are also natural substances (vasoconstrictors) our forefathers used for unforseen circumstances.

Give us the mortality rates for under-fives in eastern Nigeria from 12th- 20th century, then give us mortality rates for under-fives from 20th till date.

As for trying to know my profession.
I laugh in 3D

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don hear. Your forefathers are better than science!!!
Bye bye!!!
🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by ibkonekt(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20
NuclearWinter:
Another mRNA gene editing bullshit vaccine.

they aren't even hiding it anymore, the boldly said gene altering and i see some ppl celebrating. i swear sheeps deserve slaughter

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by lastkingsman: 5:19pm On Mar 20
Gerrard59:
It should be possible. Gene editing has the potential to cure (different from treatment) many diseases. The issue for Big Pharma is how to structure the industry for one-off and one-time cures rather than recurring treatments. But yes, CRISPR and, who knows, a newer technique can cure HIV.

It is just that the Chinese are not focused on HIV, if not, I envisage them to begin research into it. But if the money is right, Chinese will do dive in. cheesy

African own na "fire fire fire" as methodology of curing sickness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Rinoxy: 5:30pm On Mar 20
NuclearWinter:
Another mRNA gene editing bullshit vaccine.

Messenger RiboNucleic Acid

1 Like

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by bluefilm: 5:42pm On Mar 20
So HIV still dey?

Na wa ooo
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by fapcrook(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20
Nigerians are still struggling to have electricity in 2024 while other sane countries are developing more ways than edit genes to useful ones, produce vaccines and so many others
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by nearline(m): 5:52pm On Mar 20
advanceDNA:

I remember a Chinese scientist Jiankiui did this back in 2018, using the same CRISPR to editing the genome of growing babies for the same HIV wahala

... the whole research ethics body of the west came for his head....and he was jailed for 3years.....saying he can't just edit the human genome......that living biological systems and its bioprocess are on autopilot.....that what he did is tantamount to initiating mutation which can lead to anything bla bla bla.....

The west have a way of supporting whatever novel approach came from their scientists

.once it's from another race....they will start pulling ethics and all manner of technicalities...

That’s how they are in the west. Everything must benefit them alone. Greedy bunch. If you dig deep enough you will realise that Big Pharma are one of the forces behind him getting jailed. And yes the fact is that no one really knows the domino effect that CRISPR can have so that is still being studied. It could be dangerous on the long run. Or it could be nothing or something so insignificant and negligible but that threatens the profit of Big Pharma. Big Pharma don’t want to cure anyone. They want to keep every medical condition in a manageable state so that the sick will continue to purchase from them. Greedy bunch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Grootiam: 6:08pm On Mar 20
shocked
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Seunpapa65: 6:31pm On Mar 20
Racoon:
Whao! Interesting! How? It means people no go fear to contract HIV again.
If you hear the cost for that treatment your dick no go gree rise grin cheesy
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Chukwuka319(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20
Science is really doing great in improving the lives of humans, but until the Supreme Being in charge of the Universe approves,a complete cure for HIV remains elusive.
If not,HIV would have had a cure ages ago.
If scientists can develop vaccines for smallpox, influenza, Black Death,Polio etc,they should have developed one for AIDS.
But The Supreme Being has the final say in the world He created.
God didn't allow AIDS get a cure because the virus was transmitted into humanity from one of the most detestable sexual practices _ Bestiality ( Sex with animals).
And Incidentally the virus originated from the body of dogs, which spiritually symbolises Spirit of Lust and Fornication.
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Exceed15: 7:07pm On Mar 20
These scientists sha!!
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by udumelue61854: 8:23pm On Mar 20
TechTech...
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by PHAYOL81: 8:55pm On Mar 20
Wow, good development. At least this offers another option to the cure but would there be side effect?
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by jojothaiv(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20
AntiChristian:
Gradually scientists are moving forward to stopping the viruses they created!

Anyways, abstinence is our main cure!

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by ogascomax: 9:50pm On Mar 20
Ignorant people will not know that gen editing is the worst. They have being trying hard to change your gen, to manipulate it.
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Ance4Liverpool: 11:12pm On Mar 20
Otulented:
I de cure HIV with my local herbs
advertise it naa
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 11:39pm On Mar 20
chieveboy:

There is.
His Triple Cure Vaccine is based on blood transfusion (taking blood and re-injecting it back into the bloodstream of a patient).

Second, Dr. Abalaka claimed in the articles that he NEVER said his blood transfusion vaccine CURES AIDS... It's only preventative against HIV and the two other viruses.

=>https://guardian.ng/news/fresh-controversy-over-abalakas-hiv-cure-claims/

Third, he was also reported in the articles to have said that he is guarding the secret formulation of his vaccine so that it doesn't get stolen by a big pharmaceutical company. The ball is in Abalaka's court because in the grand scheme of things, before the international medical and scientific community can accept a drug treatment on humans, the drugs have to first go through rigorous tests on lab mice, and other experimental phases to avoid severe short-term and long-term reactions in humans.

In the absence of people he has treated not coming out because they fear being stigmatized according to Abalaka, then he has to get MORE folks to believe his findings.

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:50pm On Mar 20
Make I call aunty Roseline and tell her
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 1:17am On Mar 21
berbs:

You don't know what Big Pharma are capable of.
I've known for many years about the extent to which some big corporations can go to protect their own self-interests and that of their shareholders... Big Pharma included.
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 1:26am On Mar 21
Originalsly:

Awesome? ... same way the splitting of the atom was hailed as awesome. ... thinking of all the good that can come out of it. The man who did it later regretted ... his technology was used to make the A Bomb ... which was used to kill millions. CRISPR has already been used for worse ... it is the technology behind the COVID-19 mRNA shots that manipulate the immune system... triggering widespread auto immune/blood problems and deaths. Basically... the technology can be used to progamme how your body works/ to hack the body the same as one programme a virus to hack a computer.

Two minute research... how the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine works .... and they tell you.... it instructs the body to make a spike protein like the virus. .... that's the CRISPR technology programming your body on what to make. Soon with transgender .... men will be growing breasts on request.

There is nothing new under the sun .... if you are genetically modified... are you a "pure" human? According to the Bible ... why was the world flooded?... and who were considered "pure"?
@Originalsly,

I get where you're coming from.

We live in a world of DUALITY and energy vibrations. Many things we have on the face of this planet can be used for GOOD or for BAD.

We live in a world of hot and cold, males and females, light and darkness, etc. A laser beam or a hand gun can be used for good and bad, likewise a knife, rake, hoe, axe, etc. Even WATER can have positive and negative effects on humans. Too much or too little of everything is bad.

So, it's hoped that this CRISPR Gene-Editing technology would be used for more good than bad and for the benefit of mankind.
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 1:45am On Mar 21
RodgersAkpafu:

This is a really naive take from you
You really think those who profit from the ARV business will readily support him?
I have a vast knowledge of what life and the universe are all about, so, cut the "naive" reference you made in you post out.

I've known for many years about the extent to which some governments and big corporations can go to protect their own self-interests and that of their shareholders... Big Pharma included. If you read the book entitled, "Rogue State," then you'll gain deeper insights into some of these facts from the government level.

We know based on credible research findings that most of the active ingredients in the drugs we take are still very potent years after the expiry dates, but billions of USD worth of drugs are discarded from hospitals and elsewhere annually in the U.S. so that more drugs purchases running into billions of USD can be made and because the Big Pharmas and the FDA have a rule for discarding drugs that have expiry dates.

What I was simply telling the gentleman I responded to on this thread is that if the Nigerian, Dr. Abalaka is very certain about his Triple Cure Vaccine (which is just simply based on taking blood samples from an infected patient and the blood samples are returned via blood transfusions), then the world would have NO choice but to align with him.

Abalaka too stated in several articles that I've read that he NEVER said he can cure AIDS but that his treatment prevents and reduces the viral loads of an infected patient. More clinical trials with lab mice and more have to take place so that they are fully fit for humans, but the man himself admitted that he is being careful to release his FORMULA so that it doesn't get stolen by a pharmaceutical company.

My point is that in several global industries and niche business sectors, we have business cycles and product cycles. YOU either innovative or die! Many Western companies have liquidated and made way for more savvy innovations and inventions from even non-Westerners. NO force can stop Abalaka if he truly has a cheaper solution for managing these triple viral diseases using his blood transfusion vaccine. Period.
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by chieveboy(m): 7:39am On Mar 21
Konquest:

His Triple Cure Vaccine is based on blood transfusion (taking blood and re-injecting it back into the bloodstream of a patient).

Second, Dr. Abalaka claimed in the articles that he NEVER said his blood transfusion vaccine CURES AIDS... It's only preventative against HIV and the two other viruses.

Can you explain further based on the screenshot below? Because the article mentioned Abalaka stating he cures HIV not "prevent"...

Even this NL article wasn't taking about curing AIDS, I wonder what's the idea of taking Abalaka towards that when that's not the bone of contention. You sound like one of those doctors...

Even if he prevents as you would accept, isn't it like a 5000 miles jump from where we are? I mean look at the what I will call a crude effort of these scientists. I am sure you will mock it if it was a Abalaka..."editing DNA" when someone has an obviously better , faster and less tedious process.

You seem not to grasp how the pharmaceutical world operates even with the latest scams esposed around the Corona Virus.

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 6:53pm On Mar 21
chieveboy:

Can you explain further based on the screenshot below? Because the article mentioned Abalaka stating he cures HIV not "prevent"...

Even this NL article wasn't taking about curing AIDS, I wonder what's the idea of taking Abalaka towards that when that's not the bone of contention. You sound like one of those doctors...

Even if he prevents as you would accept, isn't it like a 5000 miles jump from where we are? I mean look at the what I will call a crude effort of these scientists. I am sure you will mock it if it was a Abalaka..."editing DNA" when someone has an obviously better , faster and less tedious process.

You seem not to grasp how the pharmaceutical world operates even with the latest scams esposed around the Corona Virus.
It's good you have a screenshot of the exact area of the Guardian article where the gentleman said he NEVER said his vaccine is a cure for AIDS. If you check the screenshot I have attached to this very post, you will see where he stated that he has NEVER said his vaccine cures AIDS.

HIV and AIDS are NOT the same and are two different definitions.

I clearly stated the vaccine is PREVENTATIVE and the article link I gave also states that it's CURATIVE against HIV, and two other viruses. Therefore the Abalaka vaccine has a DUAL role of preventing and curing HIV. I was very clear on that.

Vaccines on a global scale are usually meant to PREVENT the multiplication of viral loads so, there is NO contradiction in my original post.

I have NOTHING against innovation and the vaccine itself, so, I don't know how you arrived at the conclusions in your post that I'm against the Abalaka vaccine? As long as it passes or has passed clinical trials to ensure it's fit for human administration, then those who are infected with HIV are good to go!

Last but not least, there is a MAJOR difference between HIV and AIDS. HIV refers to the virus or viral strains, while AIDS refers to the breakdown in the immune system which then leads to the development of series of opportunistic diseases such as tuberculosis, hepatitis B, and more. I have been seeing a lot of people mixing HIV and AIDS interchangeably since I first heard and read of HIV and AIDS back in 1984 and with the death of Rock Hudson.

I also must state here that if a person has an innovative or good product, the whole world would stand still for him or her (regardless of any covert or overt interference from any Western government OR Big Pharma).

Is the West gonna dictate to Russia, Japan, Singapore, China or India, what policies or drugs to use for the BEST interest of their citizens? ABSOLUTELY NOT! So, it's left for Dr. Abalaka, the initiator of the Triple Cure Vaccine (which involves the extraction and re-injection of the blood back into the bloodstream in order to get a preventative and curative effect on the viral load) to fully make his formula and facts open with more clinical trials for the benefit of all. Already, he said those he has cured don't want to come out to prevent stigmatization but more enlightenment has to be done by him and others who believe in him.

1 Share

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 7:15pm On Mar 21
Konquest:

It's great you have a screenshot of the exact area of the Guardian article where the gentleman said he NEVER said his vaccine is a cure for AIDS.

I clearly stated the vaccine is PREVENTATIVE and the article link I gave also states that it's CURATIVE against HIV, and two other viruses. Therefore the Abalaka vaccine has a dual role of preventing and curing HIV.

Vaccines on a global scale are usually meant to PREVENT the multiplication of viral loads so there is NO contradiction in my original post.

Last but not least, there is a MAJOR difference between HIV and AIDS. HIV refers to the virus or viral strains, while AIDS refers to the breakdown in the immune system that leads to the development of series of opportunistic diseases such as tuberculosis, hepatitis B, and more. I have been seeing some people mixing HIV and AIDS interchangeably since I first heard and read of HIV and AIDS back in 1984 and with the death of Rock Hudson.

I also must state here that if a person has an innovative or good product, the whole world would stand still for him or her (regardless of any covert or overt interference from any Western government OR Big Pharma).

Is the West gonna dictate to Russia, Japan, Singapore, China or India, what policies or drugs to use for the BEST interest of their citizens? ABSOLUTELY NOT! So, it's left for Dr. Abalaka, the initiator of the Triple Cure Vaccine (which involves the extraction and re-injection of the blood back into the bloodstream in order to get a preventative and curative effect on the viral load) to fully make his formula and facts open with more clinical trials for the benefit of all. Already, he said those he has cured don't want to come out to prevent stigmatization but more enlightenment has to be done by him and others who believe in him.

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by chieveboy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21
Konquest:

It's good you have a screenshot of the exact area of the Guardian article where the gentleman said he NEVER said his vaccine is a cure for AIDS. If you check the screenshot I have attached to this very post, you will see where he stated that he has NEVER said his vaccine cures AIDS.

HIV and AIDS are NOT the same and are two different definitions.

I clearly stated the vaccine is PREVENTATIVE and the article link I gave also states that it's CURATIVE against HIV, and two other viruses. Therefore the Abalaka vaccine has a DUAL role of preventing and curing HIV. I was very clear on that.

Vaccines on a global scale are usually meant to PREVENT the multiplication of viral loads so, there is NO contradiction in my original post.

I have NOTHING against innovation and the vaccine itself, so, I don't know how you arrived at the conclusions in your post that I'm against the Abalaka vaccine? As long as it passes or has passed clinical trials to ensure it's fit for human administration, then those who are infected with HIV are good to go!

Last but not least, there is a MAJOR difference between HIV and AIDS. HIV refers to the virus or viral strains, while AIDS refers to the breakdown in the immune system which then leads to the development of series of opportunistic diseases such as tuberculosis, hepatitis B, and more. I have been seeing a lot of people mixing HIV and AIDS interchangeably since I first heard and read of HIV and AIDS back in 1984 and with the death of Rock Hudson.

I am not sure I mentioned I don't understand HIV vs AIDs, neither is this whole thread taking about AIDs...

The talk is about treating or curing HIV which Abalaka does.
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 8:16pm On Mar 21
chieveboy:

I am not sure I mentioned I don't understand HIV vs AIDs, neither is this whole thread taking about AIDs...

The talk is about treating or curing HIV which Abalaka does.
You speak with a lot of certainty in the last paragraph... Have you ever had direct contact with Abalaka or know folks who have been treated or cured of HIV through his blood transfusion treatment?
Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by chieveboy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21
Konquest:

You speak with a lot of certainty in the last paragraph... Have you ever had direct contact with Abalaka or know folks who have been treated or cured of HIV through his blood transfusion treatment?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog by Konquest: 8:50pm On Mar 21
chieveboy:

Yes.
That's great!

NO wonder you've been firing gunshots from the hips ever since in defiant support of Dr. Abalaka and the blood vaccine. cheesy grin I support him all the way too and if I ever have any need to refer anyone to him, then I'll definitely do.

I'll do some Googling to find out where he currently is located.

I appreciate the convo we both had because it stired me to read up some more since yesterday about Abalaka and the vaccine.

All the best.

May the blessings be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Changed Your Toothbrush / Nigerian Doctors Allege Plot To Incite Health Workers Against Buhari / Home Remedies To Beat Obesity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.