Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real (63497 Views)

Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Ecstasy154(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2020
Some Abuja residents have expressed fear over the Monday resumption of work amidst the increasing rate of infection from COVID-19 in the FCT.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had ordered for easing of lockdown in Abuja, Lagos and Ogun States starting from Monday, May 4th.

Some Abuja residents, however, received the order from the President with mixed feelings following the high rate of deaths recorded globally as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.

An Abuja resident, Mr Shola Idris advised residents who can sustain themselves without going to work to continue staying at home to reduce the spread of the virus.

“It is a dicey one for the country, for individuals and families, we are all at risk, I do understand that the government do not have a choice that is why they are easing the lockdown and the palliatives they are providing is not going round.

“So people are agitating, and the government had to let go. But for me, if I will advise people, for individuals that can still sustain themselves, I will advise they should stay at home because this is actually a serious pandemic, you can see what is happening in Kano,” Mr Idris said.

Another Abuja resident, Kelvin Ogar said those who don’t have anything serious to do in their workplaces should continue staying at home.

“There is no need to go out if there is no serious need, even the Federal government is saying that it has to be a certain level of officials that can resume work so that the offices will be congested. If it is not really very important, I think we just have to stay back at home.

“If you don’t have a private car, and the public drivers are not willing to obey social distancing in their vehicles, it is advisable to stay back,” Ogar said.

Furthermore, Glory Monday expressed fear over the continued spread of the virus amidst the partial lifting of the lockdown.

She said it may be counter-productive for the government to ease the lockdown and the disease continues killing people.

Glory suggested that the lockdown be extended until a decline in the number of confirmed cases and deaths.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lockdown-we-are-not-resuming-work-covid-19-is-real-abuja-residents-react/

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Davash222(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2020
Lazy people!

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by helinues: 4:03pm On May 03, 2020
Except if Dem don get new job for filling station

undecided

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Baawaa(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2020
This is a serious case,the rich don't want to go out for the fear of the virus while the poor want to go out for the fear of hunger.The equation is balance the rich should help the poor

263 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by clevvermind(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
No. They are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.

480 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by agwom(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2020
cry cry cry
Davash222:
Lazy people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Iyiataata92: 4:12pm On May 03, 2020
I won't blame the government for easing the lockdown, neither will I blame some residents for refusing to come out.
Rather, this is what is called democracy. The government gives you a choice and it is left for you to decide.
For me, I'm moving out tomorrow morning. I'll do all I can to protect myself and leave the rest in the hands of God.

250 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by bakynes(m): 4:14pm On May 03, 2020
Abuja is more of a Civil Servant City, so these ones are the lazy ones who will be expecting salary without working. Am sure the business owners will go out to look for their daily bread.
How long do you want to remain at home, till the west produce a vaccine? Which will mainly serve their people first before extending down to Africa. So you will remain at home till then?

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Nbote(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2020
Most of dem were agitating and calling for an end to d lockdown.. I'm sure most of dem were some of those who initially claimed d virus was political and not as serious as been portrayed by d NCDC figures. I'm glad some of dem are beginning to com to their senses

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Iyiataata92: 4:19pm On May 03, 2020
clevvermind:
No. They are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.
Did the same Buhari care about the life of those dying from hunger?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Sabby1(m): 4:21pm On May 03, 2020
Personally, I feel the lockdown should be extended as the number of cases is drastically increasing and drastic measures should be put in place to support citizens. Relaxing the lockdown will only increase the cases as we can't do without contacts to an extent. Take a look at what is happening to Ghana after they relaxed their lockdown. Confirmed corona virus cases in Ghana surged above 2,000, increasing 24% in a matter of days, Ghana health officials announced. The spike was announced 10 days after Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo eased a three-week lockdown in the capital of Accra and in the city of Kumasi.

Nigerian government should create a means of supporting below average citizens with relief materials and palliatives not the audio one we are hearing.
When the daily number of confirmed cases drop drastically, then can we encourage the government to relax the lockdown.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by afroniger: 4:25pm On May 03, 2020
I don't blame dem. The North has become the defacto epicentre of COVID-19. Abuja especially should really watch it because as FCT and owing to its location and proximity to the likes of Kano and Kaduna, COVID-19 will always be close by.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by AgroTrade: 4:25pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!

How can you call them lazy?

Nigerian government is intentionally playing games with the masses.

They know very well the consequences of the action they're taking, but they want the masses to learn the hard way, since they have been clamoring for the lockdown to be eased.

This is not fair from many angles.
They should look for a way to help the people and not to put them through unnecessary risk.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Racoon(m): 4:30pm On May 03, 2020
The community spread of COVID19 is alarming these few days.About 7 COVID19 positive people but asymptomatic have been identified in my area ystdy.

Meanwhile, they have been mingling with their families in the past one week.Plans are underway to move them to the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba.

8 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Lipscomb(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2020
Then they should terminate their employment letter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by PMBtill2023: 4:35pm On May 03, 2020
They should remain at home, they are now used to staying at home.Awon ole (lazy people)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 03, 2020
Is staying home the Answer? NO

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by AkunaAtakasi1: 5:16pm On May 03, 2020
[s]
Yanmiriflathead:
Useless Idiots. when government asked them to stay at home they were complaining And Crying all over social media Like Hungry Urchins. oya go out now And feed yourselves they're so scared to. Typical Daft Ipob Mentality
[/s]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by johnlegend01: 5:19pm On May 03, 2020
Are you sure?

Anyway, we know Covid-19 is real, we just ain't sure of the degree of spread.

Let us hope our case does not become like USA and Europe. Our government can't cater and care for us at such a stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Aidlyfe: 6:33pm On May 03, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Useless Idiots. when government asked them to stay at home they were complaining And Crying all over social media Like Hungry Urchins. oya go out now And feed yourselves they're so scared to. Typical Daft Ipob Mentality

Lol. Your moniker says it all; you are obsessed with the Igbo type of head. You are obsessed with the Igbos because you wished you and your people could be like Igbos. Without any FG palliatives in my state Anambra, we were proactive to keep the virus at bay. Don’t worry, we are not expecting any palliatives from FG; Gov. Obiano can keep it to himself and friends but mark my words, at the end of this all, igbos would come out with less regional deaths, more population based on too much flexing and fatter than your asslicked Almajiri masters and their cows. Chukwu Abiama is our cornerstone.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Oshlander: 6:53pm On May 03, 2020
The fear of contracting nCoV-19 is now the beginning of wisdom in Abuja.

Lalasticlala where is you?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Grace001: 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
Obviously those complaining are civil servants, they can stay at home till 2021 or even if it takes the west one year to get the vaccine.

As long they are getting their salary.

9 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Digitiminimi: 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
Who wan die

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by tonididdy(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
So real

Today I receive news of my neighbor demise... He died of covid19 complications.
His residence has been fumigated and his wife isolated.
I await NCDC updates to see if it's recorded.

13 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Factfinder1(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
They don get sense finally

Imagine 4 people sitting at the back of a small Corolla from kubwa to wuse

Imagine the number of people standing inside el rufai buses from Suleja to area 1

Imagine the numbers of people in Berger at night wait for cabs and buses

Imagine UTC, banex and GSM village

Imagine mountain of fire people in utako every monday morning

Imagine dutse Monday market

Imagine gwarimpa under bridge

Stay at home guys

Even we wey dey Buhari backyard no see palliative talkless of people in far east and south

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by sanemind2(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
lol..
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by chronique(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
Lol.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Mikkymilli: 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
To each, his own.
There are people that have millions in their account right now. If I were to be in their shoes, I would have stayed at home and be managing what I have till whenever this pandemic leaves. As long as I'll be alive after it all, I can continue the hustling. Can't y'all see the way the covid 19 death rate is increasing in Nigeria? Doesn't it scare you at least? There's something people don't know and I'll say it in capital letters. 'NIGERIA IS NOT READY FOR THIS PANDEMIC AT ALL'. We don't even have up to 3000 cases and NCDC is already overwhelmed. My people you're on your own o. Even if it's 400k you have in your account, stay home and manage till this pass away. Na who get life na im de chop. Don't be like John Mc. Daniel in the pic below.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by jericco1(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
Good decision.. I have no plans to resume now sef.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by NwaNimo1(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2020
Laziness.... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Approves Two Coronavirus Vaccines For Human Trials / 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls / British Citizen Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.