Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation (21228 Views)

Police Force Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation / JTF Locks Down Egbema Kingdom, Warri Over Attack, Killing Of Soldiers / IG Of Police Apologizes To Edwin Clark,Denies Ordering Officers To Raid His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by dailybuzzng: 1:55pm On Mar 20
Nigeria Police Force Apologizes to Olu of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation

The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has reportedly tendered an unreserved apology to Delta State first-class monarch, Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III, over an invitation to question him regarding alleged cases of attempted murder, assault and others.

An online publication had Monday reported that the Olu of Warri was invited by the Delta State Police Command following a petition allegedly written against the monarch.

Reacting to the invitation by the police, the respected traditional ruler, who spoke through his palace secretary, Kenneth Uyebi, said the invitation was the handwork of some miscreants and disgruntled elements in the Itsekiri nation.

According to the palace scribe, the Warri Area commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Abubakar, has tendered an unreserved apology to the Olu of Warri.

He said, "The very next day, the Area Commander called to apologize to the palace that the letter of invitation on his majesty, Ogiame Atuwatse III, the Olu of Warri was sent in error but I also advised him to cause a letter of retrieval to that effect. His Majesty is law-abiding and encourages all his subjects to be law-abiding.

“If there was an invitation as you said, His Majesty would have honoured it but the Area Command has withdrawn the one they sent in error and has not sent another letter as we speak.

"It is also on record that that very weekend, the Warri Area Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Abubakar, on behalf of the Nigeria Police Force, personally came to the palace after his phone calls, to personally tender an unreserved apology to His Majesty, the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III, that the letter was sent in error and therefore withdrawn.

“He informed the monarch that after investigations, it was discovered that the monarch had been dragged into what he knew nothing about. We are not saying the Olu of Warri is above the law, he was prepared to honour the invitation but as at the time the letter came, he was not in town."

Also reacting to the police invitation letter to the Olu of Warri and recent attacks on Okere community, the Chairman of Okere Community Management Committee/Planning Committee, Ugwa Olu, Fred Olomuro, in a statement, noted that an attack was carried out on the monarch during his visit to the area.

He identified the attackers as a group of recalcitrant people loyal to a former chief.

Also, two prominent Warri chiefs from Okere community, Koffi Kartey and Wilson Olley confirmed that during the attacks, the entourage of the Olu of Warri was attacked by youths loyal to one of the sons of the soil.

“As part of His Majesty’s schedule of visits across the communities in his domain, on the 2nd day of March, 2024, the Olu of Warri paid a visit to the community in a very well publicized program of events attended by teeming sons and daughters of the community as well as Itsekiris from all walks of life.

https://leadership.ng/police-apologise-to-olu-of-warri-over-invitation/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Babangidapikin: 2:29pm On Mar 20
Why does the Olu have to seat on red chair all the time.. anyone willing to educate me , don't tell me tradition.. Anyway I have not heard anything wrong about him

2 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by dalongjnr: 3:31pm On Mar 20
I think, he was a pastor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Domaining101: 3:32pm On Mar 20
If Nigeria is ever fortunate to have me as a president of any sort, one of the first things i will do is to put an to all these useless monarchs. Both olu of warri, oba of Benin, sultan of sokoto, emir of illorin, obi of Onitsha, Ooni of ife, every single one of them in every nook and cranny of this country, I'll put an end to all of them because they are part of the reason this country will never move forward.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by nony43(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20
Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Roboto11: 3:33pm On Mar 20
Una dey summon my Olu.

Your head get oil so?

2 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by illuminutty: 3:34pm On Mar 20
Clowns 🤡
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by signature2012(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20
You all better not play with my Olu of Warri..
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by helinues: 3:34pm On Mar 20
Show us the police letter apologizing

Closed door settlement
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Guzel: 3:34pm On Mar 20
Why apologize. If there’s a case against him, he should be queried

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by SultanOfAbia: 3:35pm On Mar 20
NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW angry angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Judolisco(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20
Police dey dear jazz? U sent letter to the Olu of warri in error? Which kind lie bdis grin

11 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by JChris01: 3:35pm On Mar 20
Police and wahala na 5&6.
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by DoctorAyukebot(m): 3:36pm On Mar 20
H
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by carterguccy(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20
Apologize accepted grin

23 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by money121(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20
Ok
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by AzizG550(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20
King no dey go court
King no dey go police station

2 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Savedday2: 3:39pm On Mar 20
This should probably be the hard work of that tout , Ayiri

5 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by SpatialKing(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20
Everyone is on colos in this country including Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Houseofglam7(f): 3:41pm On Mar 20
🤦🏽‍♀️
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by yorke1: 3:41pm On Mar 20
Funny country. Is the Olu of Warri above the law? Well, I remember the security force is just a tool used by the rich and politicians to suppress the poor and lower class in society.

7 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by GenFunction: 3:42pm On Mar 20
Una see the name 'koffi'? shey ghanaian na local govt exco 4 naija?
Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Morbeta11(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20
If he has questions that needs answers.....why not...he is not above the law.

1 Like

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by lexrichy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 20
For this life try get level and money

1 Like

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by RecentHistory: 3:45pm On Mar 20
Domaining101:
If Nigeria is ever fortunate to have me as a president of any sort, one of the first things i will do is to put an to all these useless monarchs. Both olu of warri, oba of Benin, sultan of sokoto, emir of illorin, obi of Onitsha, Ooni of ife, every single one of them in every nook and cranny of this country, I'll put an end to all of them because they are part of the reason this country will never move forward.

Is the Queen of England causing the United Kingdom not to move forward?

11 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by id4sho(m): 3:45pm On Mar 20
Police known for intimidation and harassment tongue
Their regular trademark.

ACP Abubakar in warri

1 Like

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Stronghold91: 3:47pm On Mar 20
Domaining101:
may God bring a president of kind of mind to rule and sanitize Nigeria in near future

1 Like

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by broadman20: 3:48pm On Mar 20
Domaining101:

You are in order because that's what India did to help their country to make progress.

You can't be practicing democracy and monarchy at the same time in same country.

NIGERIANs are directionless.

4 Likes

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by lalabrother: 3:50pm On Mar 20
Who born you well to summon a whole olu of warri... Oga police, you no dey fear traditional authority?

1 Like

Re: Police Apologizes To Olu Of Warri Over Erroneous Invitation by Christistruth00: 3:53pm On Mar 20
Ayiri Emami again

The Itsekiri version of Basorun Gaa

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form / El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Reversal Of N5,000 Stipend.. Prominent Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.