Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market (27238 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists / Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by stasius: 4:22pm On Mar 20
Tinubu magic.

No wonder price of fuel reduced by 30 naira.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by ogify1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
Wicked Mallams grin

I'm in support of this their buying and selling method. A dollar will be sold for #3000 by the end of march gang in the mud.

Your head just empty

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by stevups(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20
Winning123:

They will sell that dollar for N500 very soon. God go deal with them and their collaborators.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by nedekid: 4:26pm On Mar 20
Kaycee9242:
Wake me when it gets to 700 that Buhari left it, then we will rejoice when it gets to 260 that Apc met it
We cannot wait to rejoice when it's gets to the 200 apc met it.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by kenny160: 4:27pm On Mar 20
predictor1:
#700 yes, but #260? Maybe you should go back to earning the same amount you earned before buhari came 9 years ago.
finally I see someone that is reasoning like me, this is the thing I always tell people that if you are comparing things of 1999 to 2024 you shouldn't be angry if they tell you to be earning same amount people of 1999 are earning to balance the whole things.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by nedekid: 4:28pm On Mar 20
ogify1:

Your head just empty
To be fair on him, e no claim to get head weh carry anything inside before.
He does not have "opolo" .

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by spiSeyi: 4:28pm On Mar 20
Those who bought at 1800 were the sacrificial lamb grin grin . Trading the Naira carrys more risk than trading crypto
It's time to buy FG Tbills (Treasury bills) and sell it off at the end of 2 yrs, because the more inflation and USD pressure reduces the more yield on Tbills and going by this flow. USD/NGN would be pegged at 700-800 within the next 2yrs 1USD = 1,200 NGN is even a profit for Tbills security holders.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by lexy2014: 4:29pm On Mar 20
seborrhic:
It was pure speculation that was driving that alarming slide and because of it,people were withholding their dollars,even Nigerians abroad and those they sent dollars down here,believing it was heading to 2k and even beyond when they would then release it.
Many even did it at the risk of not getting the essentials it was sent for.
Also some bought to hoard for same reasons.
Seeing now that it's been falling and fearing their dollars is relatively losing value and may continue doing so,they are gradually releasing it,while still watching.
If it falls to say 1400 or even 1300,I foresee a panic dump of dollars into the market

has the speculation stopped?

is it speculation that made the dollar rise from 700 to 1600?

who and who were withholding dollars?

how much dollars was in circulation and how much were they withholding that made the price of dollar skyrocket?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by DCmonster: 4:29pm On Mar 20
Nairametrics is an APC propaganda machine and SPV.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Donedeal1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20
Haters don't usually like good news about our nation Nigeria

The reason most of them

are against this development.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by chiefolododo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20
A shame...it was 700 before the great Tinubulation

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by DCmonster: 4:31pm On Mar 20
Angelfrost:

Just celebrate small wins...!

Buhari was merely buffering the currency with lots of loans, same as his predecessors.

For Naira to have been floated yet is managing to gain against the Dollar... That's good.

If we improve other parameters that will increase demand for the Naira and less need for Dollars, it will gain further.

Whether you like or hate Tinubu, once you see good things, celebrate them...!

Nigeria needs to be overhauled all over.

Buhari plundered 8 good years doing absolutely fvck all.

Tinubu has to clean up his monumental mess, and still find a way to keep the nation surging forward economically.

Y'all should understand... If Tinubu succeeds, Nigeria succeeds!

If he fails or performs as abysmally as his predecessor, the nation is doomed! Not Tinubu or his family... Nigeria is doomed!

Whoever takes over after that will never be able to salvage the nation, not even Peter Obi or Atiku.
This one is trying to gaslight his entire village.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by zeyt: 4:32pm On Mar 20
Nevertheless the damage was already done.
Just recently the rate was around 500# USD to Naira.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by CodeTemplar: 4:32pm On Mar 20
Mynd44 was right about it.

O yee speculators of doom, where art thou?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 4:34pm On Mar 20
Kaycee9242:
Wake me when it gets to 700 that Buhari left it, then we will rejoice when it gets to 260 that Apc met it
Dreamer, sleep on.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 4:36pm On Mar 20
chopnaira:

The headless mob don't talk about that anymore. Economy saboteurs all because their agulu messiah lost the election which was expected grin
There's a guy that was always posting an update about the dollar to naira rate. The guy is no where to be found again cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20
chiefolododo:
A shame...it was 700 before the great Tinubulation
Due to Government intervention, bad belle people like you no one get joy, always want a reason to wail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by pocom35: 4:37pm On Mar 20
Aboks:

Tell dem, nothing to rejoice
But if he reach 1700.. you go still complain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Haaland21: 4:39pm On Mar 20
Aboks:

Tell dem, nothing to rejoice

Learn to celebrate a little win......

I know u aren't a nigerian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20
Wow things are really getting better impressive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
Wicked Mallams grin

I'm in support of this their buying and selling method. A dollar will be sold for #3000 by the end of march gang in the mud.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I bought at 1,600 or so thinking it would have been 2,000 by now. Depression won kill me like this!!!☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 4:41pm On Mar 20
Haaland21:

Learn to celebrate a little win......

I know u aren't a nigerian.

Aboks, na probably black market forex trader.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by ifinger: 4:42pm On Mar 20
Agbadorian and capping 🧢🧢🧢

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
There's a guy that was always posting an update about the dollar to naira rate. The guy is no where to be found again cheesy

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by AngelicBeing: 4:44pm On Mar 20
tongue
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 4:44pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I bought at 1,600 or so thinking it would have been 2,000 by now. Depression won kill me like this!!!☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
don't be depress, It's a 50/50 thing. You haven't lose much like this, you can sell a little out of it while you keep on following the news. I know someone who bought a dollar for more than #1800 thinking it will get to #3000.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20
seborrhic:
It was pure speculation that was driving that alarming slide and because of it,people were withholding their dollars,even Nigerians abroad and those they sent dollars down here,believing it was heading to 2k and even beyond when they would then release it.
Seeing now that it's been falling and fearing their dollars is relatively losing value and may continue doing so,they are gradually releasing it,while still watching.
If it falls to say 1400 or even 1300,I foresee a panic dump of dollars into the market

Me I'm not releasing anything ooo, they either take make it go back to 1,700 or we die here!!!☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by sand007: 4:47pm On Mar 20
Alright
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by jaymichael(m): 4:48pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Better go sell now before e enter ₦800😃

3 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by olatuns2017: 4:48pm On Mar 20

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Hollyharjii: 4:51pm On Mar 20
I'll not reply you tongue
Omenlon:
in your small life, have you seen dollar before?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Kelechi009: 4:53pm On Mar 20
seborrhic:

I pray it drops to 1,000 and stays there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos / Facebook Ads Beginner's Free Guide / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.