Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market (27235 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists / Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Omoawoke: 7:05pm On Mar 20
chidiokay:

Anybody can mess up, we have seen national players do own goal or lose penalty and no one question there patriotism

But imagine iwobi jubilating the moment cote d'ivoire scored 2nd goal ... thats "UNPATRIOTIC" and thats what obedient do

We have videos of people celebrating the fall of naira.
They were everywhere posting and jubilating

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Afamed: 7:14pm On Mar 20
$ slaves go wail tire.

This is the beginning

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by papiwyte(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20
Ofunaofu:

You are actually the real enemy

How much was it when Tinubu took over?
Bcoz ur candidate didn't win u guyz don't wish naija good... Watch and u how tinz will turn around....
TINUBU till 2050

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by papiwyte(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20
chidi2003:

Buhari and Tinubu, that fought the progressive Nigeria under Goodluck's government, just to grab power - later messed Nigeria up - should be called patriotic Nigerians; right?
They are still better compared to ur lamba online president
TINUBU till 2050

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Ofunaofu: 7:18pm On Mar 20
papiwyte:

Bcoz ur candidate didn't win u guyz don't wish naija good... Watch and u how tinz will turn around....
TINUBU till 2050

Don't divert. Answer the question.

How much was it when Tinubu took over?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by papiwyte(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20
Ofunaofu:

How much was it when Tinubu took over?Β 

U will continue crying till 2027 grin grin grin and still labour in vain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by chaddy16: 7:22pm On Mar 20
Davehasmadeit:

Keep deceiving yourself.
Being optimistic and hopeful is now deceiving myself. Nawa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Donaldoni: 7:22pm On Mar 20
Hahahahhahahaa

I told someone, nobody should mess with the FG. They can bring it NGN/USD1 if they wish.

By the time the refineries resume operation, Naira will appreciate even more.

Pigggs can grunt to death. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Donaldoni: 7:23pm On Mar 20
Ofunaofu:

How much was it when Tinubu took over?Β 

It was over NGN800 when Tinubu took over.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Lifemanage: 7:23pm On Mar 20
predictor1:
What do you think can be done about this current food inflation? Do you think it's speculation too? Right now things are scary.
Imported inflation, when foreign goods which we do not manufacture are high due to high dollar rate; farmers had to make theirs expensive as well to meet up the cost of imported goods. It's mainly market dynamics. When the rate improves, we can self sufficient without relying much on imported goods

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by justmi1: 7:28pm On Mar 20
seborrhic:
It was pure speculation that was driving that alarming slide and because of it,people were withholding their dollars,even Nigerians abroad and those they sent dollars down here,believing it was heading to 2k and even beyond when they would then release it.
Many even did it at the risk of not getting the essentials it was sent for.
Also some bought to hoard for same reasons.
Seeing now that it's been falling and fearing their dollars is relatively losing value and may continue doing so,they are gradually releasing it,while still watching.
If it falls to say 1400 or even 1300,I foresee a panic dump of dollars into the market
If the fall can be sustained for 3 successive times, then there would be more drastic gain for the naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by PHAYOL81: 7:44pm On Mar 20
This is not our best so I pray the trend continues

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:51pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚
Nobody warned me ooo!!!😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
This is the power of CBN governor Cardoso

Anytime you hear CBN wants to intervene or the governor talking or often in the news or their Thier monetary policy committee is about sit and hold meeting know that something is about to happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Lordofalmajiri(f): 7:52pm On Mar 20
Formularcr7:
I wanna see the effect in the market.
Na the koko be that , I doubt if the prices of things will come down
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by hansomb: 7:54pm On Mar 20
omoadeleye:

That's why currency is being floated, it can dump to ₦1/$1
If it does, imagine buying an iPhone 15 pro max at the rate of #1,500
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by omoadeleye(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20
hansomb:

If it does, imagine buying an iPhone 15 pro max at the rate of #1,500

So, is that a bad thing or a good thing?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Ofunaofu: 7:58pm On Mar 20
Donaldoni:

It was over NGN800 when Tinubu took over.

Real and commendable improvement is when the Naira appreciate below or at least remains stable a NGN800 to a dollar when Tinubu took over.

But crashing the Naira to the extent that it exchange at almost NGN1,900 to a dollar with its attendant negative economic impact and then appreciates to NGN1,400 to a dollar should not receive any commendation
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Igbek76: 8:01pm On Mar 20
The low IQs who tagged themselves opposition will not be happy .
First class student and third class student no be the same.
Lagos progress is not by accident.

We could get our economy right and working if we are patient and holistic in implementing good policies that come with initial pains but profitable at the long run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by johnjose68: 8:07pm On Mar 20
Kaycee9242:
Wake me when it gets to 700 that Buhari left it, then we will rejoice when it gets to 260 that Apc met it

We know you are sad about this. grin

Just focus on Ajaero's plan to take over Eluupee 76 grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Fearurcreeator: 8:11pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
Wicked Mallams grin

I'm in support of this their buying and selling method. A dollar will be sold for #3000 by the end of march gang in the mud.

E no go better for their children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Donaldoni: 8:11pm On Mar 20
Ofunaofu:

Real and commendable improvement is when the Naira appreciate below or at least remains stable a NGN800 to a dollar when Tinubu took over.

But crashing the Naira to the extent that it exchange at almost NGN1,900 to a dollar with its attendant negative economic impact and then appreciates to NGN1,400 to a dollar should not receive any commendation

And who said the Naira has finished appreciating?

Wait till the refineries commence operation, then you will see wonder.

The Buhari rates were fake and disastrous. angry

4 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Fearurcreeator: 8:11pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
Wicked Mallams grin

I'm in support of this their buying and selling method. A dollar will be sold for #3000 by the end of march gang in the mud.

E no go better for their future
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by hansomb: 8:14pm On Mar 20
omoadeleye:

So, is that a bad thing or a good thing?
It can be a bad thing and it can be a good thing. Depending on which scale u are. Imagine someone that has a million in his account, he will become a trillion naira overnight. Imagine how many people will become trillion naira. We will get to a point where no one will want to work for anyone. Imagine if your Mai guard is a millionaire, he won't work again
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by hansomb: 8:18pm On Mar 20
Lordofalmajiri:

Na the koko be that , I doubt if the prices of things will come down
If things don't come down, the only people that suffer that after the economy wakes up back are salary earners.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 8:19pm On Mar 20
Yankee101:
It’s 1550 not 1400
1400 is what aboki is negotiating for you to sell your own
Stop confusing and deceiving nigerians. Can you buy it for 1400 if you want to travel abroad? No. The price is what you will pay to get it, not what an aboki is trying to get it from you. Infact if you sell to him for 1000 he’ll buy happily and resell at almost 1600
So who's losing between the person selling to the aboki and the aboki that's buying?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Fearurcreeator: 8:21pm On Mar 20
iLegendd:
Good, but it's not 1400, but 1480 - 1500.

We are happy, but as long as corrupt people are leading us, we know it's temporary. The truth is, Naira didn't appreciate, Dollar only got a little weakened, but it's on the move again.
Obi won't lead this country...

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by victorDanladi: 8:21pm On Mar 20
MrNipplesLover:
In 2015, GEJ left it below N300...

These stupid APChit bastards should return it to its original form that they met it...

Stupid people...
How did GEJ meet it?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by kay29000(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20
Bullfallo:
the only way there will be panic dumping is if it cross down to 700

Nah! If it comes down to 1000, there will be panic dumping.

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by VanuatuWycombe: 8:33pm On Mar 20
RecentHistory:

Is USD your legal tender?

😁😁. Don’t mind me. Just kidding and trying to, theoretically, imagine how stares will flood market with Dollars and crash it further
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by micxwell(m): 8:35pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

But the money don spoil true true, I don dey lose money!!!!😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
You better calm down. If you invested enough to give you atleast a $100 returns monthly then why worry. Meanwhile, the rate has gone back up on Rise.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by MrPOTUS: 8:42pm On Mar 20
predictor1:
You are not very intelligent. The Nigerian economy produces very little. That's why the naira is weak. It's been weak for decades but dumb leaders have been borrowing money against your life and those of your children born and unborn to prop up the naira. Now it fell to over #1000 because someone removed the props. Now if we start producing aggressively and you also join instead of sitting on your lazy fat arse, then naira will start appreciating, but not by wishful thinking.

Study South Africa's economy and see how it has always been more productive than Nigeria's.

We both saying d same thing bros.

As long as it's possible and not a rocket science.

But our leaders are useless.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 8:43pm On Mar 20
micxwell:
You better calm down. If you invested enough to give you atleast a $100 returns monthly then why worry. Meanwhile, the rate has gone back up on Rise.

Omo, how you know say the money don rise again now now.... Thanks, but I'm not bothered about the money there, I'm just here to catch cruise ni. I rarely go there sef except my colleague send me message say make I check rate or something!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facebook Ads Beginner's Free Guide / Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For β€˜recapitalisation’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.