Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria (2286 Views)

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Emmanuel900(m): 5:29pm On Mar 20
South west have the highest numbers of students that passed WAEC with 5 credits including English and Maths from 2019 to 2021 according to NBS

Lagos, Ogun and Oyo remain the top three states in Nigeria.

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary/read/1241213?fbclid=IwAR3Wi9f-o20ZMM0v5hgIE5AmLQPV6dc25vCRE88UFmYlwVawveWfNO-c-lE

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by AroOkigbo(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20
Na statistics we go chop?
Match it with the total number of persons that sat for the listed exams and express the pass rate in percentage.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20
Truth be said,south east is leading in Education and they have been consistent at it.

There's no hiding it.

Take note.That enrolment is not the same as leading.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Gossiphub: 5:45pm On Mar 20
Which lead?

You're talking about 5 credits in Waec and Neco๐Ÿ˜‚. Whereas a region you so much hate is churning out As back to back with highest in Jamb year in year out.

You guys are dragging position with Zamfara state now.

Soon the whole of SW will be litered with Almajari. Before Tinubu finishes 4years.

Awo will be having neck pain in his grave right now due to excess turning in disgust.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by igwebuike01: 5:48pm On Mar 20
This is total number not percentage. Olodo

20 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by afube: 5:50pm On Mar 20
ibechris:
Truth be said,south east is leading in Education and they have been consistent at it.

There's no hiding it.

35 % of the southwest statistics are made up of Ndigbo! or even higher.........go and verify!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by socialmediaman: 5:50pm On Mar 20
Ignorance is worse than illiteracy

Donโ€™t brag about going to school, focus on being informed and acting on that information

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Greenback: 5:52pm On Mar 20
Orange seed brain ๐Ÿ˜

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by EbinPawaGovt: 5:52pm On Mar 20
But Google calls this post a lie. It clearly says that Igbo lead in education and intelligence not just in Nigeria but Africa. This is despite national bias against igbo children. Even the policy of the Nigerian government against the Igbo shows that they're aware that Igbo are the most intelligent group in the country. These igbo kids still lead in all national exams.

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 5:53pm On Mar 20
Man,u are wicked oh.

Gossiphub:
Which lead?

You're talking about 5 credits in Waec and Neco๐Ÿ˜‚. Whereas a region you so much hate is churning out As back to back with highest in Jamb year in year out.

You guys are dragging position with Zamfara state now.

Soon the whole of SW will be litered with Almajari. Before Tinubu finishes 4years.

Awo will be having neck pain in his grave right now due to excess turning in disgust.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by PureFace1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20
Lol but South East will be celebrating percentages lol

When it come to actual figures they are not even anywhere close to South West.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 6:02pm On Mar 20
PureFace1:

you just proved that truly SW education is deteriorating

percentage is how you know not numbers

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by PureFace1(m): 6:03pm On Mar 20
afube:

35 % of the southwest statistics are made up of Ndigbo! or even higher.........go and verify!

Why don't you claimed the whole 100% lol

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 6:03pm On Mar 20
The more you fail, the more spillover of retakers you accumulate cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Presido95: 6:04pm On Mar 20
PureFace1:

Wow, we are really in trouble in SW if these are the kind of people that lead us. See educated illiterate here saying actual figures is better than percentage. Tinubu don finish us for SW finish. Ko de ni da fun awon to dibo fun ole yi.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Putindbutt: 6:06pm On Mar 20
I don't usually fancy this WAEC/JAMB thingy, Mmesoma miracle centers too much. After most of them come to SW and gained admission into universities, they struggle with 2.1

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by 123yes(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20
West is never leading in education. Anybody who brought out that statistics knows that it is not true. When I did my youth service in yourba land, state of Ogun, it is disheartening to note that many young men and women there could not understand or speak English language exactly what is obtained in the North here. It is very difficult you see an ibo person who cannot communicate in English language. You can say majority of them are traders, sure. Most of them are graduates other passed their elementary and secondary school before serving their masters.

14 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by PureFace1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20
ibechris:

There's no hiding it.

Seem like you can't read or comprehend

You are leading in your delusional mind lol

The number of students that passed WAEC in South West every year is always times 2 or 3 of whatever passed in South East but you think you are leading.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by EbinPawaGovt: 6:09pm On Mar 20
Putindbutt:
I don't usually fancy this WAEC/JAMB thingy, Mmesoma miracle centers too much. After most of them come to SW and gained admission into universities, they struggle with 2.1
But the top girl was still IGBO.

Putindbutt:

Because she wasn't caught. Mmesoma was greedy, hence she was caught.

PROVE it on Google

PureFace1:

Yeah that's if the population of students that sat for the Exam is relatively the same.

The population of students that sat for the Exam was over ร— 2 of South East and still the percentage of total that passed was 76%

In other words, fewer Igbos are beating multitudes from your tribe. While you're producing quantity, Igbos are producing quality which proves Google right that Igbos are the most intelligent tribe in Africa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by chopnaira: 6:09pm On Mar 20
Putindbutt:
Had one like that back in OAU. He was my roommate in 100 level. Dude had stellar result both in WAEC and O levels. He was rusticated after end of year one for having a CGPA below 1 out of 5.

About 7 years later, I was at computer village to buy computers for a secondary school project I was working on. I saw my roommate hustling and doing middleman searching for customers on the street to take into his oga's shop.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Gossiphub: 6:17pm On Mar 20
ibechris:

There's no hiding it.

My roommate those days while doing NYSC, he will just be angry after every close of school. Why?

More than 60% of his students couldn't write proper English essay. JSS3 class o.

I always doubted him because every morning while going to the hospital, I will see the road filled with students going to school. On my way home, same thing.

So one of my CDs days, I took my time to come to his school since I didn't go for CDs that day. On getting to the school, everyone was speaking Yoruba like it was in a market. Including teachers.

Speaking your language isn't a crime, but should that be spoken that loudly even in school? Where you have almost all the subjects' text books written in English.

The Chinese have all their books written in their language, and the French same thing. But how can a child be battling English language and Yoruba language. That will bring a whole lot of confusion for the kid and equally affect his education.

The education system in the west has dwindled badly. But pride won't allow them see and work it out.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Putindbutt: 6:19pm On Mar 20
chopnaira:

Had one like that back in OAU. He was my roommate in 100 level. Dude had stellar result both in WAEC and O levels. He was rusticated after end of year one for having a CGPA below 1 out of 5.

About 7 years later, I was at computer village to buy computers for a secondary school project I was working on. I saw my roommate hustling and doing middleman searching for customers on the street to take into his oga's shop.
I had an encounter with them in school as well, school will expose you, no hiding place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by SupremeSpecimen: 6:20pm On Mar 20
One can't help but notice you didn't brag on yourself. ๐Ÿ˜’

Na group hug we dey celebrate ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Gossiphub: 6:21pm On Mar 20
chopnaira:

Clown to Clown conversation.

You that read and passed with your brain? Did you graduate with first class?

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 6:21pm On Mar 20
Emmanuel900:
South west have the highest numbers of students that passed WAEC with 5 credits including English and Maths from 2019 to 2021 according to NBS

Lagos, Ogun and Oyo remain the top three states in Nigeria.

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary/read/1241213?fbclid=IwAR3Wi9f-o20ZMM0v5hgIE5AmLQPV6dc25vCRE88UFmYlwVawveWfNO-c-lE

Wow!! This is very interesting data. Thank you for sharing OP
Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Putindbutt: 6:21pm On Mar 20
EbinPawaGovt:
But the top girl was still IGBO.
Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Gossiphub: 6:22pm On Mar 20
PureFace1:

Seem like you can't read or comprehend

You are leading in your delusional mind lol

The number of students that passed WAEC in South West every year is always times 2 or 3 of whatever passed in South East but you think you are leading.

Evidence?
Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Gossiphub: 6:24pm On Mar 20
Putindbutt:

Even to gain admission into Unity schools with tight invigilation, SE still has the highest cut off.

So what's your point? Abii you're wiser than FG?

12 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by Gossiphub: 6:27pm On Mar 20
Putindbutt:

The highest literate in your region of all the things in the world to introduce, na cultism.

Shame suppose dey catch you.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by SouthEastFacts: 6:29pm On Mar 20
Who is deceiving this one.

SE is leading, SS is second and SW is distant third.

6 Likes

Re: Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria by PureFace1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20
BeninRefugees:

you just proved that truly SW education is deteriorating

percentage is how you know not numbers

Yeah that's if the population of students that sat for the Exam was relatively the same or not much difference.

The population of students that sat for the Exam in south west was over ร— 2 of South East and still the percentage of total that passed was 76% which is very exceptional

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

General Sani Abacha: The Legend / Election Observers, Please Tell Us Your Views / 140 Thousands Nigerians Are Involved In Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.