Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd (34561 Views)

The Meaning Of Recently Found Word "Demonym" / What Is The Full Meaning Of Jamb / Full Meaning Of Pms,agp And Dpo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by RubyFirst(f): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2011
I was asked once in school and i said the full meaning is Post Honors Degree. The lecture just smiled he didnt say if it was right or wrong and the whole class thought it was correct. Is that it?
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by Patnaj(f): 8:39am On Nov 15, 2011
PhD means Doctor of Philosophy.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 15, 2011
People having Doctorates
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2011
;d;d;d;d;d;d
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by RubyFirst(f): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2011
Thanks Patnaj
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by frapheal: 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2011
U & all ur class are just 2 funny. 4 more clarification PhD is d acronym of doctor of philosophy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lol its power house decoration verry funny class thou
RubyFirst:
I was asked once in school and i said the full meaning is Post Honors Degree. The lecture just smiled he didnt say if it was right or wrong and the whole class thought it was correct. Is that it?
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by CJoshua: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2020
In some countries, a PhD is called DPhil or D. Phil. What is the difference between a British and an American PhD? Interestingly, but Abbreviations website gives more variants: such as Press Here, Dummy or Pretty Hard to Do.
Ph.D. or PhD (noun) is a doctorate degree basically received after at least 3 years of graduate study, thesis papers, buy essays with statements or dissertations; from the Cambridge English Dictionary
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of Phd by christejames(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2020
Doctor of Philosophy, it is so because philosophy is the mother of all disciplines. Great scholars that birthed other disciplines started as philosophers, that is, critical thinkers.

So a holder of such degree is deemed to have attained the highest level of academic pursuit in that field he research on.

#followNPFL

(1) (Reply)

Covenant University In Pictures, Video / JAMB: How To Check 2019 UTME Via TXT/SMS / Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo, In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.