Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know (987 Views)

Some Mind-blowing Facts About Babies / 2019: 19 Interesting Facts You Should Know About The Year / 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by Celestialsword: 3:43am On Mar 21
Expiration dates on bottled water is for the bottle and not for the water in it.

Every 35 days your skin replaces itself, your liver, every month. Your body makes these new cells from the food you eat. So, you are literally what you eat.

Mosquitoes don't just bite you, they also urinate on you after sucking your blood.

People pace while talking on the phone because they don't have visual feedback, so the body reacts by moving.

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!

The “Blue Java” banana, a hardy, cold tolerant banana said to have a consistency like ice cream and a flavour similar to Vanilla.

Cockroaches can live for several weeks with their heads cut off, because their brains are located inside their body. They would eventually die from being unable to eat.

There is a naturally pink lake in Australia(Lake Hillier).

ATM’s were originally thought to be failures, because the only users were prostitutes and gamblers who didn’t want to deal with tellers face to face.

Butterflies will drink turtle tears when they need salt.

Earth is the only planet that is not named after a God in the whole solar system.

Flamingo egg yolks are pink.

If a pregnant woman has organ damage, the baby in her womb sends stem cells to help repair the organ.

Every Nation’s passport is a shade of blue, red, green, or black. There are no rules for the cover color, but most countries decided that the dark Hues looked the most official.

Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.

“Cracking your knuckles does not hurt your bones and never cause arthritis. The sound you hear is just gas bubbles bursting.”

6 Likes

Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by bluefilm: 5:13am On Mar 21
Some of these facts are weird

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by osmosis101(m): 5:57am On Mar 21
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by Astra101: 8:03am On Mar 21
Some dust in my room are from dead skin

Wonderment!
Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by blaquemyc: 9:02am On Mar 21
Ok
Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by MyExpression(m): 9:13am On Mar 21
I've done that cockroach experiment before...cockroach didn't survive the stretch.

4 Likes

Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by nigeriansamurai(m): 10:10am On Mar 21
MyExpression:
I've done that cockroach experiment before...cockroach didn't survive the stretch.
maybe it had an injured organ, my own survived long enough.
Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by KingMack(m): 10:30am On Mar 21
Astra101:
Some dust in my room are from dead skin

Wonderment!

Meee after seeing dusts in my house...

Re: Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know by SporaD8: 11:45am On Mar 21
If a pregnant woman has organ damage, the baby in her womb sends stem cells to help repair the organ.
This is why women lives longer

(1) (Reply)

When Will Unilag Diploma Be Out? / Can I Get Admission With These Two O' Level Result/ (new) / Neco Nov/dec Result Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.