Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. (7086 Views)

65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / 10 Facts About Elephants You Never Knew / Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2017
Understanding the psychology behind the way you behave and treat others can be very useful in your daily life.
Here're the most surprising psychology facts that can help you understand yourself and others better.
1. Any friendship that begins in the period between 16 and 28 years of age is more likely to be robust and long-lasting.
2. Women generally prefer men with deep husky voices because they seems more confident and not aggressive.
3. The smarter the person is, the faster he thinks, and the slopper his handwriting is.
4. Our emotions don't affect the way we communicate. In fact, the way we communicate has an influence on our mood.
5. The way a person treats restaurant staff reveals a lot about their character.
6. People who have a strong sense of guilt understand others thoughts and feeling better.
7. Men are not funny than women. They just make more jokes, not caring whether others likes humour or not.
=>Still Loading...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Jackossky(m): 10:03am On Oct 11, 2017
h, the number 7 is to pacify those with bad handwriting.
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2017
8. Shy people talk little about themselves, but they do this in a way that makes other people feel that they know them very well.
9. Women have twice as many pain receptors in their bodies than men, but they have a much higher pain tolerance.
10. Listening to high-frequency music makes you feel calm,relaxed and happy.
11. If you can't stop your stream of thoughts at night, get up and write them down. This trick will set your mind at ease so you can sleep.
12. Good Morning and Good Night text messages activate the part of the brain responsible for happiness.
13. Doing things that scare you will make you happier.
14. The average amount of time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.
15. People who try to keep everyone happy often end up feeling the loneliest.
16. The happier we are, the less sleep we require.
17. When you hold the hand of your beloved, you feel less pain and worry less.
=>Still Loading.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by ifex370(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2017
Subscribed
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Linux007(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by olasaad(f): 10:22am On Oct 11, 2017
14. The average amount of time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.

Pls stop this is not true.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Linux007(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2017
olasaad:

These are scientific and psychologically proven facts, you dont agree with it doesnt make it false,.
But we have noticed you , you can rejoice now

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by LionInBoxOffice(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2017
hooked

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 11, 2017
18. Intelligent people have fewer friends than the average person. The Smarter The Person Is, The More Selective They Are.
19. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%. This marriage is more likely to last a lifetime.
20. The people who give the best advice are usually the ones with the most problems.
21. Women who have mostly male friends stay in a good mood more often.
22. People who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another.
23. Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarette a day.
24. Travel boost brain health and decrease a person's risk of heart attack and depression.
25. people look more attractive when they speak about the things they are intrested in.
26. When two people talk to each other, and one of them turns their feet slightly away or repeatedly moves one foot in an outward direction, this is a sign of disagreement.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by LordIsaac(m): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Wow....nice.

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by oglalasioux(m): 11:21am On Oct 11, 2017
Jackossky:
h, the number 7 is to pacify those with bad handwriting.

No.

The statement might not be entirely true but it's certainly not to pacify people with bad handwriting. Writing is gradually being taken over by technology. They are computer programmes that you can speak to and they produce the text for you. It's not like the old days that a person's intelligence is measured through his or her handwriting.

3 Likes

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by olasaad(f): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2017
Linux007:

These are scientific and psychologically proven facts, you dont agree with it doesnt make it false,.

Yeah we know it scientific and psychological fact Mr. Psycho but have you proved it yourself?
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Legendaryarcher(f): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Wow.

that no.26, i kinda thought thats suppose to mean the person is meditating on what the other said or something

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Linux007(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2017
olasaad:

Yeah we know it scientific and psychological fact Mr. Psycho but have you proved it yourself?
Its a proven fact for a reason, its verity is not contested.
The only thing we are not sure yet is your reasoning ability and psychological balance. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by ourkobo: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Linux007:

The only thing we are not sure yet is your reasoning ability and psychological balance. undecided

oh lawd grin

2 Likes

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Swaggzkid: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
50% TRUTH FOUND
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Thelma1552: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
Noted! Any other facts?

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Kelly2713(m): 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2017

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
14 is so not true undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by vaxx: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
olasaad:

it so true...there was an unusual information I heard about a lady,so I decide to ask her friend if it is true....the girl refuse and tell me she don't do gossip...only to tell me later after she and the girl in question had a little quarrel....if it should be a guy , he will still keep to the secret, no matter the problem... So true women can't keep secret

2 Likes

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Fidelismaria: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
I totally agree with no 13
'doing what scares you make you happy'
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Osasnidas(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
15 and 18.... shocked cool
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by olasaad(f): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
vaxx:
it so true...there was an unusual information I heard about a lady,so I decide to ask her friend if it is true....the girl refuse and tell me she don't do gossip...only to tell me later after she and the girl in question had a little quarrel....if it should be a guy , he will still keep to the secret, no matter the problem... So true women can't keep secret

And all this happens in less than 48 hours haha maybe some ladies sha

2 Likes

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by olasaad(f): 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
Linux007:

You can use that as your next thesis stupid

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
olasaad:

Please, it shouldn't go up to that extent.
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Linux007(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
olasaad:

I wont oblige you sis, u'v had a fair share of my attention today.
Just channel your frustration to more productive endeavor.
But before u do that, take this :
olasaad:

stupid
and shove it up ur ass

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
Ok...we haf read it finish
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Heloct(f): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Interesting though.

Found the ones related to me and I smiled.

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by bkool7(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Linux007:

Sorry, I beg to defer with this

I know of a situation where the man discovered his kids in university were not biologically his.
So how long has their mother kept that secret now?

47 hours you say?
Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by Linux007(m): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
bkool7:

Sorry, I beg to defer with this

I know of a situation where the man discovered his kids in university were not biologically his.
So how long has their mother kept that secret now?

47 hours you say?
I believe that same secret wouldnt have lasted 24 hrs had she divulged the infomation to a female friend of hers.
And remember its averaged, meaning some extrapolated figures would have been considered.

1 Like

Re: 26 Psychology Facts You Never Knew About People. by daveP(m): 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
All those shouting no. 14 isnt true have forgotten that Gossip United still exist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is UNICAF Degree Really Recognised In Nigeria? / General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space / JAMB Results 2021: 365 As Highest Score And 11 As Lowest Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.