Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited (9179 Views)

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Lanre1st(m): 7:43am On Mar 21
Who own this Access self?
They just dey buy every other bank, they bought Intercontinental bank, buy diamond bank, now it’s Kenya bank they want to buy.

I suspect a big politician behind them because I don’t see where they are making money or their services are better than other banks like Gtb

2 Likes

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Dpharisee: 7:53am On Mar 21
Offpoint1:
I need company that will buy Ghana 🇬🇭
I want that country converted to local government in Nigeria 😂

Ghanaians who CEDIS are ACCRAing now grin

2 Likes

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by SmartPolician: 7:57am On Mar 21
MichaelUweh:
Late Herbert Wigwe's handwriting.

Rest in peace comrade.

Your legacies leaves on.

Legacies live

OR

Legacy lives
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by softtorce: 7:57am On Mar 21
With round tripping in billions of dollars n not just naira the possibilities is endless

Primusinterpares:
Omor... See doings... But how are the Nigerian banks having so much in this economy

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by PropertyBuying(f): 8:07am On Mar 21
Congratulations to the Access Bank family.

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Solsix(m): 8:23am On Mar 21
Mindlog:

I read the entire story. I am very much aware of Access bank in Kenya because I have an account with Access bank in Nairobi through their acquisition of another distressed Kenyan bank, few years ago.

Equity bank in my post is in the context of being the most popular bank in Kenya and have the widest spread in East Africa.
But with this acquisition, they will bridge the gap
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by vowiski(m): 8:28am On Mar 21
Mindlog:
Nice one but Equity bank Kenya no go easily gree shift for Access Holdings. wink

You think they just acquire anything because they have money ?

These banks are dead, with no value
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by FuckingNaira: 9:05am On Mar 21
McOluOmo:
Nice

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Man, wetin you dey cap. . .
No come here dey yarn opata again.

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Iykenuwa(m): 9:09am On Mar 21
Acquire the country as well, let them start doing Athletics for Nigeria.
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by hush15: 9:09am On Mar 21
Duelee:
And the acquisition spree continues! While their bank networks back home is nothing to write home about.

Nice one .

In the other news: I'm presently buying LinkedIn accounts. WhatsApp 09..025-70..33-66

And what do you do with People's LinkedIn accounts if I may ask?
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Duelee: 9:10am On Mar 21
hush15:

And what do you do with People's LinkedIn accounts if I may ask?

LinkedIn marketing
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by toujurs: 9:31am On Mar 21
mejetov422:
She dun start,
It was already in place for acquisition, herbert wigwe bought alot of companies.
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by frog12: 9:50am On Mar 21
dem don forget wigwe. get your shares. get your riches

AntiChristian:
Person wey die don die!

Life progresses!

Access gets more access...
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Mindlog: 10:01am On Mar 21
Solsix:

But with this acquisition, they will bridge the gap

Nah....Equity na boss.

GTbank and UBA in Kenya are still playing lower league after over a decade operating there.
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Sangoamadioha1: 10:14am On Mar 21
Mindlog:

I read the entire story. I am very much aware of Access bank in Kenya because I have an account with Access bank in Nairobi through their acquisition of another distressed Kenyan bank, few years ago.

Equity bank in my post is in the context of being the most popular bank in Kenya and have the widest spread in East Africa.

You read the entire story and you did not see where they said they had a binding agreement with KCB to buy the entire shares offered.
You just want make we know say you dey Kenya, but I don't see that as something to brag about.
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by blowjohn(m): 10:30am On Mar 21
Mindlog:

Okay
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Primusinterpares(m): 10:51am On Mar 21
softtorce:
With round tripping in billions of dollars n not just naira the possibilities is endless

Someone should explain for a layman to understand
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Farfalla(f): 4:00pm On Mar 21
Mindlog:
Nice one but Equity bank Kenya no go easily gree shift for Access Holdings. wink

Not just Equity Bank Mindlog.
All the other banks that have been around even before we were born; the likes of Standard Chartered, Absa (formerly Barclays), NCBA (formerly NIC & CBA), Cooperative Bank and DTB no go gree shift for Access, unless the latter is introducing a very new (and probably risky) product into the market, targeting both business establishments and individuals.

I'm curious to uncover what big plans they have for National Bank of Kenya, as they have an extremely unimpressive financial history. This a company which at one point was the only bank in Kenya making losses. It was controlled by the state, so politicians would borrow millions of shillings and deliberately default on payment. Needless to say, it went downhill, like any other thing involving Kenyan politicians. grin
KCB Group then acquired the dying company and it seems they've been unable to resuscitate it, hence the move to sell it to Access. If NBK was a country it would be Chad. grin Purchasing such a company is usually not advised, but then again, what do I know? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Mindlog: 4:05pm On Mar 21
Farfalla:

Not just Equity Bank Mindlog.
All the other banks that have been around even before we were born; the likes of Standard Chartered, Absa (formerly Barclays), NCBA (formerly NIC & CBA), Cooperative Bank and DTB no go gree shift for Access, unless the latter is introducing a very new (and probably risky) product into the market, targeting both business establishments and individuals.

I'm curious to uncover what big plans they have for National Bank of Kenya as they have an extremely unimpressive financial history. This a company which at one point was the only bank in Kenya running losses. It was controlled by the state, so politicians would borrow millions of shillings and deliberately default on payment. Needless to say, it went downhill, like any other thing involving Kenyan politicians. grin
KCB Group then acquired the dying company and it seems they've been unable to resuscitate it, hence the move to sell it to Access. If NBK was a country it would be Chad. grin Purchasing such a company is usually not advised, but then again, what do I know? cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by McOluOmo: 4:33pm On Mar 21
FuckingNaira:

Man, wetin you dey cap. . .

No come here dey yarn opata again.

Re: Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited by Exousiang01: 6:06pm On Mar 21
Great Job.
The process has been in the pipeline for some time now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Second Hand Clothing & Shoes Importation To Nigeria Anyone With Experience / Cement Price Will Reduce Soon - FG / Customer Battles Sterling Bank Over N219m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.