Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them (13719 Views)

Saraki: When I Become President, All My Ministers Of State Will Be Under 35 / Give Me More Time To Name My Ministers, Buhari Begs Senate / Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Man102: 8:38am On Mar 21
President Bola Tinubu has appealed to members of the National Assembly to exercise restraint in summoning heads of ministries, departments, and agencies before parliamentary committees.

Speaking at the breaking of the Ramadan fast on Wednesday in Abuja with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Tajudeen Abbas, and the leadership of the House, the president said while oversight is essential for maintaining transparency and accountability in governance, excessive summoning of officials can disrupt operations and hinder service delivery to citizens.

He, therefore, urged lawmakers to show discretion in the exercise of their oversight functions.

”I have been watching various committees summoning ministers and heads of agencies. I have complained to the Speaker to let the poor breathe. Let these people do the job. We are not saying that you are not influential. We are not saying you cannot do your oversight. But consider the primary duty of each agency, its personnel, or the responsibilities of the Governor of the Central Bank or the Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance to you and the entire nation.

”If they are distracted or disturbed, maybe we will shift parliamentary sitting all through the night. We must find a way to accommodate one another. This is an appeal to you. See if you can accept representatives in some instances or even documentations,” the president said.

Expressing confidence in the ability of the National Assembly to uphold good governance, President Tinubu lauded the existing cordial relationship between the executive and the legislature.

He said the harmonious working relationship had resulted in the expeditious passage of several bills to improve the welfare of Nigerians.

He urged the legislators not to forget their constituencies and to take advantage of the holy month of Ramadan to show compassion and support the less privileged in society.

”We are making sacrifices for the country, and we are assuring citizens that there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel.

”We must have faith, and please do not forget your constituencies and remember what they are going through.

”I cannot thank you enough for what you are doing, but it is for our country. There is nothing personal about this. It is for Nigeria, and we have no other country but Nigeria,”
the president stated.

On the recent dastardly killing of soldiers on national duty in Delta State, the president while expressing his heartfelt condolences to the families of the bereaved, pledged that the sacrifices of the fallen heroes would never be in vain.

The president announced that the officers would be given a befitting burial and national honours.

”In responding to distress calls, they met the end of their lives in a savage manner. Let us work to sympathize and symbolize the fact that they are worth the sacrifices they have made for Nigeria.

”We salute all our men and women in uniform, and we sympathize with them. I will soon make further pronouncements, but they must have a befitting burial and national honours,” the president said.

In his remarks, the Speaker emphasized the importance of forgiveness, generosity, and prayers during Ramadan and called for unity in the nation and support for President Tinubu.

”I want to urge us to use this month to increase our good deeds and minimize our bad deeds,” he said.

Reflecting on the 10 months of this administration, the Speaker noted that the executive and the legislature have continued to work in synergy for the progress of the country.

”So far, so good, the House has been very supportive of the President and his policies, and we shall continue to ensure that we work together,” the Speaker said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/679383-tinubu-to-nass-stop-excessive-summoning-let-mda-chiefs-do-their-jobs.html?fbclid=IwAR0dmoik5Yfbee60qwyONe3tU5uXPjS4lOjEkaBjgJS_1h9FzHYFrESQuTk

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Naira20: 10:13am On Mar 21
How many times will he say this?
Nigerians don't need empty words.Just do what you promised to do that's if you have anything to do.

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Maj196(m): 10:14am On Mar 21
Tinubu go sleep

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by AllahOfBlood: 10:14am On Mar 21
cheesy

Same bird of a feather

Darkness ruleth over darkness

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Caramia2020(m): 10:14am On Mar 21
The lawmakers are just showing their muscles because summoning the ministers won't change anything, Buhari's ministers were summoned but most of them failed or are the lawmakers looking for bribe? 😜 grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Lalami3232(m): 10:15am On Mar 21
Let me tell you something that you will find difficult to believe. If we don't have a government for 1year, Nigeria won't still be worse than it's current situation. So, with or without government, it won't change. These politicians just dey use the masses as Chess ♟️. What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Dimaya: 10:15am On Mar 21
Okay.the president should try these solutions in solving Nigeria's problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BkHPgxtuk

All these old fashioned, non-technologically driven solutions can't work.

My two cents

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by PeterObi4LP: 10:16am On Mar 21
Yeye

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by derecho(m): 10:16am On Mar 21
E don start again o
Always acting like he wants to work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by tuoyoojo(m): 10:16am On Mar 21
Who is the poor

Only a few of the ministers seems to be working

Most of them are like matter
....occupying space

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by okomile(f): 10:17am On Mar 21
Emilokan is working

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by tobenuel(m): 10:17am On Mar 21
So this man can crack some jokes?

When next is he going to France? [ on this day I dedicate the song 'for instance' by 2baba, to Tinubu]

I don crack my own

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by koolaid87: 10:17am On Mar 21
Very soon, na jungle justice on you and your poor ministers.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by kestolove95(m): 10:17am On Mar 21
Obi's BP go don rise now

20 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by MadamExcellency: 10:17am On Mar 21
The President doesn't know what parliamentary oversight means. It is about scrutiny of implementation and functions taken and not on lawful policy differences. Are the Ministers the ones doing the work?

Without oversight, how will NASS scrutinize the usage and implementation of the budget? Abi you want to swallow the budget with Akpabio and friends?

Is it the National Assembly that is hindering the fight against bandits and kidnappers?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Noniblaq(m): 10:18am On Mar 21
A town hall is always different. Meanwhile, I sell luxury vintage shirts that will blow your mind, see my thread now.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Skyehigher1: 10:19am On Mar 21
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by ProudBoy: 10:19am On Mar 21
If dem no summon, how dem go make money through bribes

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Fiscus105(m): 10:20am On Mar 21
Abi oooo, national assembly taking position of executive.

Atimes, I marvel if senator/reps really know the reason why they are in national assembly.

Executive would give policy direction, before you close eye, legislative arm would counter it and ask them to stop.

OUR OWN DEMOCRACY HAS BECOME CRACYDEMO.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by danzaki63: 10:20am On Mar 21
Wetin carry uchendu go for Ramadan Breaking of fasting? Off the Mike !!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by owiko(m): 10:21am On Mar 21
F
Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Gabriel1992: 10:21am On Mar 21
Let the poor breath....ok ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by marlow1962(m): 10:21am On Mar 21
cheesy government always making fun and mockery of the poor is always funny to me.

Agbadorians hope y'all are breathing? I say make I check up on una o, bible say be ur brothers keeper.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Ofunaofu: 10:21am On Mar 21
grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by Kingpele(m): 10:21am On Mar 21
I think the president has a point...NASS are full of incompetent people always behaving like teenagers

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:23am On Mar 21
watch d zombie supporters come & defend their enslaver!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by SouthSouth1914: 10:23am On Mar 21
BATstards!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by andyprez(m): 10:23am On Mar 21
Lol... who's poor there?

Well, I only agree to the "mentally poor" people in government and National assembly. Its obvious with the speeches and policies they've been dishing out to an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by SirLakes: 10:25am On Mar 21
STFU respectfully

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To NASS: Allow My Ministers Breathe & Do Their Jobs, Stop Summoning Them by lexy2014: 10:25am On Mar 21
ldige:
Me I wonder Oo. Later people will complain the ministers didn't deliver

if they were given 24hours a day, will they still deliver?

how many times in a week are they summoned to the national assembly?

the times available to them, what have they done with it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Scholars Visit President Buhari (Photos) / Umrah: President Buhari Leaves Madinah For Makkah / VAT: Samuel Ortom Supports Lagos, Rivers In Case Against FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.