Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings (13463 Views)

Journalists Waiting For Diezani In Front Of UK Police Station (Photos) / Police Seize 5,500 Fake Driving Licences In Aba / Corruption: UK Police Arrive Nigeria Over Prosecution Of Ex Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2011
UK Police seize day old Nigerian baby, five siblings
Just Human    Sunday, November 13, 2011

By Wale Akinola

What will you do if you have just been delivered of a baby and the police storm the hospital hours thereafter and seize the baby?

Baby Musa, allegedly in custody

Cry? Kick? Resist? Action predictable. This is exactly what Mrs. Gloria Musa, a native of Umuahia, Abia State, and married to Mr. Musa from Garkida, Adamawa State but lives in Haringey, United Kingdom (UK) did after she had just been delivered of a baby and the police invaded Norwich Park Hospital and took away the baby. Three months earlier, the same police, allegedly acting at the behest of the Haringey social service, had equally seized five children of the Musas on the grounds that the mother was a sex worker.

The newly born baby’s seizure in hospital took place on June 12, 2010 while its other five siblings were taken into custody on April 8, 2010. But more than one year after, the six seized children are said to remain in the custody of the Haringey social service while every effort to get them to rejoin their parents has reportedly failed. The social service, according to reports, secretly gets interim care order (ICO) on monthly basis from the court to validate its action because the evidence they peddle against the Musas is untenable. The action is generating ripples both in Nigeria where the couple hails from and the UK. Although Sunday Vanguard could not ascertain the intervention of the Nigerian High Commission in the UK on the matter, a letter from an Advocate and Public Interest Intervener on behalf of the embattled mother of the seized kids asked the Haringey social service to forward documents in the Musa family case to the High Commission.

In Nigeria, the House of Representatives has taken up the matter, urging the Federal Government to persuade her British counterpart to ensure that the Musas are reunited with their kids until evidence show any wrongdoing. The House claimed paternity tests conducted on the children showed they belonged to the Musa couple.

The sponsor of the motion that led to the resolution, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, from Ikorodu Federal Constituency and chairman of the House Diaspora Committee, among 27 other lawmakers, described what the Musas are going through as the height of inhumanity. Narrating what she went through when nine policemen invaded the hospital in June 2010, to seize the baby, Mrs. Musa said it was "bizarre, unthinkable and worrisome".

Before the Musa kids were 'held'

According to her, "this atrocity was meted out to me and my new born baby, Queen Elizabeth, at Norwich Park Hospital at about 3 a.m. on June 12, 2010". She went on: "Regrettable, painful and inhuman as it were, the action of the police did not only cause pandemonium, discomfort, unnecessary tension, and embarrassment to the patients and staff of the hospital, it also revealed a Haringey that is devilish in character and lacking in human feeling, amateurish in style, brutish in operation, and dastardly in her acts of executing a hidden agenda that runs counter to westernized forms of civility in police modus operandi. It is unbelievable that a country like the U.K,highly respected as an icon of democracy with commendable human right records, couldstoop so low to authorise the police to perpetrate acts that are antithetical and inimical to the cause she goes all out to protect.

"My joy of safe delivery was cut short; as i was physically manhandled, emotionally battered, and psychologically traumatised by the ill-treatment from the British police .While recuperating from the pains of labour, I was awakened by theunwelcomed guests whom I would never forget in a hurry. Nine hefty looking police personnel, who by the suicidal nature of their mission(to take away my new born baby, as they told me in unmistakeable terms)would be best described as “kill joy”, Naturally, I, like every other woman,would prefer being killed to letting it (baby) go easily, hence, I held on and closely to it too. Unperturbed that the baby could be dangerously hurt, considering its age–less than few hours old- and capitalising on the weakness, unstable, and feeble state of mine whois left with little or no strength, after much exertion of energy during labour, the devil-may-care personnel of theHaringey police station applied every force at their disposal, unleashing terror on my helpless self and bruised me all over until they over powered me and took my baby.

"My request for their reasons and the authority empowering them to dispossess me of my new born baby was denied, rebuffed, and rejected with brazen arrogance in these words, `We did not need to show you or give you either’. The hospital staff insisted that the baby should not leave the hospital premises. To ensure a fulfilled mission andthat iwas completely debilitated andknocked down, the police removed the child from wherei could sight it, and placed it in the intensive care unit downstairs all alone. This is sheer wickedness.

"My family has done practicallynothing to deserve this painful and unwarranted suppression. Barely three months earlier (08-04-2010), five of my children were,without cogent reasons, abducted by eight policemen from Haringey; and while the case for their release was still being battled, nine policemen, again, in an unprovoked attack, swooped on me andmy new born baby in the hospital, seizing the baby, thereby denying it ofits right to naturallove, breastfeeding andcare by its biologicalparents. This is injustice of the highest order.

"As deprived , wounded, and bleeding as my family is, I request a thorough investigation of this issue by the British police ,with a view to ameliorating the situation and returning my children to me and in good health too. I state in unmistakeable and categorical terms that I and my husband are capable, loving, caring, and very competent to adequately cater and provide for our children without any external assistance or recourse to public funds. We need them returned to us as nobodycan take care of them better than us."

In a position insinuating that the Haringey social service was avoiding being confronted in the family court, on the seizure of the children, because it has no concrete evidence of its claim of the mother being a sex worker, one Maurice Kirk cited at least one instance when the social service personnel secretly obtained an interim care order (ICO) from the court on the issue. The said instance, according to Kirk, was on September 5, 2010 when, whereas himself (Kirk) and the Musas were in the court premises, the Haringey council procured the ICO in their absence. Kirk stated: "On August 30 (2010), Mrs. Justice Hogg had specifically ordered that the case be heard on September 5 (2010) with the sole intention for the parents to bring further evidence and for the (Haringey) council to produce the documents upon which they relied.

I arrived the court (on Sept. 5) and spent the first hour trying to establish where the case was being heard as no one knew. Separate from me and unknown to me, the totally distraught parents were doing the same from 9.30 onwards.

"I eventually demanded a judge and a hearing be convened or there was going to be 'trouble’. Staff clearly indicated something unusual was going on.

"At 4p.m., District Judge Berry informed the three of us that the case was already over!

It transpired that the case had taken place in the very same building without any of us being told and obtaining, for the fourth time, a further one month detention order (IC0) by the simple use of a telephone call from the council to the court".

After the alleged court abuse, Kirk stated that they went to Hornsey police station, near Haringey council, where the police had firstheld the children but the police refused to disclose their custody records or copy interview tapes needed for the hearing in the Holborn family courts.

The Musas, according to him, were being blackmailed to leave the UK without their kids.

Kirk also said he and the "frustrated parents went to the Nigerian High Commission in the UK on September 6, 2010, to establish what progress, if any, had happened since the parents had first contacted them in June 2010.

"We were assured by the Nigerian High Commission representative that it was fully aware of the seriousness of the separation of young children from their parents and 'all that could be done was being done’. We obtained no documentation, however, to support their apparent answer that the council was ignoring the commission’s concerns", he added.

"On September 7 (2010) we, three, decided to visit the Haringey council to examine the children’s medical records upon which the council relied for the 'snatch’ being lawful.

The parents were not just refused, they were denied any information as to whether the children were even still alive!"

`Prisoners in hell’

Kirk is not the only person in the UK protesting the seizure of the Musa children. Peter Bellett, in a letter dated October 28, 2011, to the Nigerian High Commissioner in the UK, implored the High Commissioner to "use the powers of your good office and do everything that needs to be done including taking this matter to the highest government level to ensure that this family are reunited and sent back to their homeland without delay".

Bellett added: "The Musas do not want to remain in the UK and have refused the offer from Haringey Council of an application for British passports. They cannot return to Nigeria without their children; so they are virtually prisoners in a hell created by forces beyond their control".

In the House of Representatives resolution on the Musas, entitled, "Saving Mrs. Gloria Musa and her six children from Haringey British Police", and dated October 25, 2011, it noted: "Sometime in June last year, the Haringey British Police stormed the peaceful home of the Musas and forcefully took custody of their five growing children to an undisclosed destination, without any concrete evidence against them".

The House said it was aware that series of paternity tests have been conducted and evidence has been brought forward that confirms the paternity of all six children in favour of Mr. and Mrs. Musa.

It expressed worry that this

"Nigerian family has been subjected to the worst psychological crisis, and are currently in a state of mental trauma from the way their case has been handled by the British Police and since June 2010 till date, Mr. and Mrs. Musa have had no contact with their children".

The House urged the Nigerian government to persuade the British government to try the Musas in a court of competent jurisdiction if need be, and ensure that justice is done.

It also called on the British government to ensure that the Musas are re-united with their kids until evidence shows any wrong doing on the part of the couple.

Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:37am On Nov 15, 2011
The way Nigerian children are separated from their family in the UK, is quite scary. Once these kids are removed they are given to white couples without children outside ur State of residence for the kids to be raised with White values not knowing were they are from. Terrible wat politicians do for Bigotry and intolerance. shocked
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2011
Cute family, that lil boy looks like my baby brother with a huge dose of Ekiti spirit kiss
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by BootyOnMe: 9:09am On Nov 15, 2011
Wonders!
WAZOBIA marriage.
Umuahia 'alleged' ashawo. . . married to an 'aboki'!

Mu he he he he he cheesy

No cry against 'BOKO HARAM' for hia o. . . when an 'Awusa' man is making an 'Igbo' woman a Mrs. Musa!
Make we hia the correct jist from London Met Police jare.

So Igbo gals are ashawos in the UK too? wink
I tink say na only 'Bini' gals o!
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2011
So that one is aboki, no wonder the pikin is cute like that. I was looking for the famous flat forehead.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by eghost247(m): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2011
hmm il bet you chances are the cops are right
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2011
ehhhyahhhh but the story is too long, Judging from the Topic sha, Datz Unfair sad angry
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2011
I suspect their is no smoke without fire and the lady might actually be a sex worker. So, sex workers are not allowed to have kids? However, in this case their was no evidence to support their claim(council) and the kids are not in any danger of abuse or ever been abused.

The couple in question are not UK Citizens, although the kids were born in the UK. Hence, the Nigeria High Commission along with the Nigeria government should seek for the Children to be United with their parents immediately and deported back to Nigeria as the Couple no longer wish to reside in the UK.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:44am On Nov 15, 2011
Although in cases like this, it is very hard once the children have been removed to get them back even with help from the European Union or United States of America.

It is already almost two years now and the kids are growing without their parents. 15 years the kids will be graduating from University and their parents is still on the case.

Fine black children na problem for Oyinbo country(UK), becos dem go they target u to collect them. Flimsy excuses will be used to collect your children with no evidence.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2011
Letter purportedly written by eldest daughter: http://mauricejohnkirk.files./2011/09/letter-found-on-the-street.jpg

Gloria Musa is a Bishop as well? An evangelical preacher of some sort?

I am holding back on further comments till I have reviewed some additional background information

The crucifixion of the Musa family by the UK state?
[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecVPt_sTnc?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2011
Bishop Gloria in action?

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pe98qDdD04?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by tpia5: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2011
I wonder why they would name their baby queen elizabeth not to mention they are right there in england?

Its hard to comment on the case without knowing exactly what's going on.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
I get the picture now.
These two crusaders (soldiers) went into battle and drew enemy fire from the heart of the British establishment.

Who is going to save the children?

THE GOD OF MIRACLE --
In the 90's, Nigeria and the world at large were beginning to experience spiritual recess. Hence the lord started beaming His search light to the heart of men to locate the few remnant that are prepared to carry the battle to the gate.
Young and vibrant Gloria and musa were though in separate places, found worthy. The burning zeal and passion for soul subsumed every other ambition. They were quickly relieved of their secular profession to proclaim the message of the cross.
Their bitterness for the Devil could not be assuaged, the foot path of their spiritual exploit crisscross the length and breath of the country. They were public figures and speakers in crusade, retreats, churches, Christian student fellowship and Christian gatherings.
[b]For a glorious and effective mopping up of the task ahead, the lord divinely arranged these two soldiers to meet and their were fused together.
Commonly after wedding ceremony new couple head for honey moon but their was with a style to honor the master's bid, they were ushered to ughelli, a town in Nigeria for a crusade. The Lord opened their eyes to the commission he has for them. The vision power evangelistic mission was born.
God never called a neophyte, but people with large and developed minds. Apostle and bishop [Mrs.] Musa and Gloria Chiwar, [/b]knew later that the lord was preparing them for a global outreach. They commission to reaching and rescuing the perishing, the unreached, the lost souls and releasing healing and deliverance to the body of Christ globally .over the past years this task has been their main target combining the enthusiasm with the vision of their calling, they started taking the good news to the dying world and backed up with great miracles, signs and wonders.
Power evangelistic ministries has combed the strong hold of Islamic enclave in Northern part of Nigeria. The palaces of emirs and sheiks have witness the matchless power of the name of Jesus Christ. Kings prices Governors cabinet minister and parliamentarian in state and federal are living witnesses to this divine assignment. Ever since the ember of their fire have being glowing unabated as witnessed in conference speaking, crusades, leadership building, seminars, motivational talk, and raising apostle of our days. Pastor and Mrs. chi war are the president and founder of power evangelistic ministries international.
APOSTLE AND BISHOPMRS. CHIWAR ACROSS THE NATIONS.
TANZANIA: - Great explosion began when they traveled to deresalaam for a nation wide crusade, with great grace, their ministration were backed up with signs and wonders. sinners were converted, notable miracles such as blinds receiving their sight , witch doctor accepting Jesus and burning their charms, AIDS patient receiving their healing and many other miracle were recorded.
KENYA: - The miraculous move of God in Nairobi started from the reception hall of the air port. The move of God was mighty on the nation, people faith were revived and many youths caught the challenge for mission
ZIMBABWE:-Great move of God took place in Harare when the servants step into that city hope came back to the hopeless. A lot of miracle where recorded
LESOTHO: - Another great move in Maseru long time bondage and yoke were destroyed through the anointing of God in their lives.
WEST AFRICA COAST: - there were great evangelistic outreaches through bishop and Mrs. chiwar as the holy spirit used them to combed the mass costal region of the west Africa.
TOGO: - Remarkable signs and wonders were the mark that traded their ministration in Lome. Great deliverances were experienced by many witch doctor, mental insanity restored, yoke of unemployment broken, healing of diabetes of 45 years and so many were witnessed.
IVORY COST:-Again, God was yet to reveal the totality of what he had deposited in the life of his ministers. The Abidjan crusade witnessed another great demonstration of God might. Remarkable signs such as healing of AIDS ,restoration of drugs addicts, healing of stroke patient, witch doctor repenting and becoming pastor, broken homes restore, barren receiving their babies, as well as breaking the yoke of singleness among many were manifest.
GHANA: - There was a great shake in Kumasi. Miracle as never witness before laced their ministration these attracted people from all works of life to the crusade people gather to hear the undiluted words of God and witness the move of the Holy Spirit as it were in the apostolic age. Holy Spirit was imparted, healing of various kind of diseases, supernatural intervention and connection total deliverance form occultism were recoded they became a great demand from churches ministries and Christian organization were revived and new ones were launched
THE SERVANT OF GOD AND HIS FAMILY IN HIS FLIGHT TO MISSION TO SOUTH AFRICA.
SOUTH AFRICA:-
Read more: http://powergospelassembly..com/
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
This story just gets better, according to the lady in the first video link the kids were removed from the care of both loving parents to be placed in an abusive foster home. Wat passes for Child protection these days is utterly unacceptable.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

This story just gets better, according to the lady in the first video link the kids were removed from the care of both loving parents to be placed in an abusive foster home. Wat passes for Child protection these days is utterly unacceptable.

Having weighed up much of the information available in the public domain, my gut feeling on this one points to an issue of child protection.
Haringey Social Service division's incompetence was legendary is the runup to Baby P's saga (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/baby-p/5245806/Baby-P-Haringey-Council-sacks-three-managers-and-a-social-worker.html), but I am also aware much has changed on that front as a result of the public outcry which followed.

If I am to call matters as I see it; there are some aspects of the Chiwar's defence which reads like an attempt to play the race card. cry

The Local Authority apparently had concerns for Gloria Musa's mental health after taking the children into care, her ability to look after the children, and the 'state' of their home etc. As she and Chiwar had given the Local Authority cause for concern in their need for a home, London Borough of Haringey should have taken that into consideration BEFORE giving them keys to a small one-bedroomed maisonette. Had an assessment been carried out, it would have been obvious there was a
need for a more spacious property with somewhere for the children to play safely. (R v Islington London Borough Council, ex parte Batantu (2001) 33 HLR 76).
-- source: http://gloriamusa.files./2011/07/11-08-07-complaint-brasse.pdf

Begging question: why has the UK-based Nigerian community not formed a firewall around this couple if they are as popular as Bishop Gloria claims? angry
1:- My name is Gloria Musa. My husband Chiwar and I have six children who have never been ill or in hospital before the intervention of Haringey Social Services: F, T, B, A, S and Q. I am of Nigerian nationality and a respected evangelist preacher and bishop, author of many books and my sermons can be found on DVDs on line including one preached to a large congregation at the Hilton Metropole hotel in London.
Source: [url]http://news.maars.net/blog/2011/09/27/bishop-gloria-musa-and-husband-want-to-go-back-home-%E2%80%93-with-their-children/[/url]
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^ The main point here is that their have never been a case of abuse against any of the children in question. They are all well feed and cared for by their parents, as evidence in the picture above. The eldest child was 10years at the time of seperation. Hence, the couple were coping with the responsibility of being parents and could have continued with the other children alongside the baby.

Of course they needed a bigger apartment and with regards to Mrs Musa mental health after her Kids were removed is to be expected becos no one will be sane in those circumstances. Hence, removing people kids on grounds of speculation with out evidence or cases with full case worker report is Criminal and unjust.

Baby P is a factor here no doubt but their is a parallel between both cases as Baby P had been seen by a case worker but none in this case.

This is madness to be frank.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by ifyalways(f): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Topic,So hard to contribute as the informations available does not add up.The whole thing screams INSANE.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

^^ The main point here is that their have never been a case of abuse against any of the children in question. They are all well feed and cared for by their parents, as evidence in the picture above. The eldest child was 10years at the time of seperation. Hence, the couple were coping with the responsibility of being parents and could have continued with the other children alongside the baby.

Of course they needed a bigger apartment and with regards to Mrs Musa mental health after her Kids were removed is to be expected becos no one will be sane in those circumstances. Hence, removing people kids on grounds of speculation with out evidence or cases with full case worker report is Criminal and unjust.

Baby P is a factor here no doubt but their is a parallel between both cases as Baby P had been seen by a case worker but none in this case.

This is madness to be frank.

I would say Mr and Mrs Chiwar's judgement on a range of issues is highly suspect.
How could they have had time to care for six children, all under the age of 10, while gallivanting all over the place in furtherance of proselytization?

I am afraid the underlying issues here go beyond living in cramped conditions.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
eGuerrilla:

I would say Mr and Mrs Chiwar's judgement on a range of issues is highly suspect.
How could they have had time to care for six children, all under the age of 10, while gallivanting all over the place in furtherance of proselytization?

I am afraid the underlying issues here go beyond living in cramped conditions.

If u know something about this case that i don't please share and let us stop all this baseless speculations? U do realise dat same speculative strand of thought could be used against anyone including u.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

If u know something about this case that i don't please share and let us stop all this baseless speculations? U do realise dat same speculative strand of thought could be used against anyone including u.

No madam, a married couple do not suddenly have 6 children taken away from them, in a highly multicultural borough like Haringey, unless a water-tight case of 'neglect' has been established.
This would not have happened in 2010.

What you need to do is conduct some research of your own, in isolation from the original article you posted.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by chillbabe(f): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
I have worked as a social worker in Europe for almost 10years. We don't replace kids out of there house without evidence of neglect. Europe is not like Nigeria that u can bribe a whole system. Something is definitely wrong with the parents. Six kids in a one bedroom apartment come on. Every social worker would take those kids out of that inviroment.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
chillbabe:

I have worked as a social worker in Europe for almost 10years. We don't replace kids out of there house without evidence of neglect. Europe is not like Nigeria that u can bribe a whole system.  Something is definitely wrong with the parents. Six kids in a one bedroom apartment come on. Every social worker would take those kids out of that inviroment.

That was the council flat they were given and why not just move them to a bigger Council flat or house? In the UK, temporary accommodations are often one bedroom, until u are allocated a bigger accommodation under the choice housing scheme.  
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
That the Chiwars lived with a persecution complex of some sort is fact beyond contention. The question is why?

I mean, we’ve got (1) racial harassment in Manchester where they had previously resided; (2) experience of direct intervention by Social Services in London (Haringey); (3) failure to secure the services of a solicitor - any - with a favourable disposition to their meritorious case, . . . and so on.
Were these folks listening to sound advice at all? I seriously doubt it.

As I opined earlier, their judgement on a range of issues is evidently suspect.

Now lest my opinions be misconstrued, I am not in any way impugning poor judgment is a crime in itself; but then, child neglect or abuse is.

Anyone interested in studying the 'claims' and 'counter-claims' made by Chiwars and Haringey Social Services will find a report here:: http://mauricejohnkirk.files./2011/09/11-09-01-musas-statement.pdf
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
eGuerrilla:

That the Chiwars lived with a persecution complex of some sort is fact beyond contention. The question is why?

I mean, we’ve got (1) racial harassment in Manchester where they had previously resided; (2) experience of direct intervention by Social Services in London (Haringey); (3) failure to secure the services of a solicitor - any - with a favourable disposition to their meritorious case, . . . and so on.
Were these folks listening to sound advice at all? I seriously doubt it.

As I opined earlier, their judgement on a range of issues is evidently suspect.

Now lest my opinions be misconstrued, I am not in any way impugning poor judgment is a crime in itself; but then, child neglect or abuse is.

Anyone interested in studying the 'claims' and 'counter-claims' made by Chiwars and Haringey Social Services will find a report here:: http://mauricejohnkirk.files./2011/09/11-09-01-musas-statement.pdf

Again, thanks for the case-report, however everything just seem to be allegations by the Haringey with no evidence. There was no mention of neglect or child abuse substantiated which is exactly wat I find shocking about this case.

It appears Haringey council ruled that it would be economical taking the Children into care rather than providing the Family with a larger accommodation. They really need to get their act together at the Haringey Council becos they are now becoming notorious.  angry

The allegations by Alexander Constantinou and the responses from the Musas are
listed below:
5.3.1 - that the children did not belong to the Musas; that the children were being
trafficked.
5.3.2 Cell mark Ltd were instructed by LBH to perform DNA tests which
conformed all Six children were the offspring of Chiwar and Gloria Musa.
5.4.1 - that the Musas had a „child missing.‟
5.4.2 This stems from a misunderstanding that the Musas had a child called Peace.
The fictitious Peace had a birthday of February 1
st
2001 - which would have
meant Peace and Favour‟s gestation periods would have overlapped in the womb
- with their being born 5 months apart.
5.5.1 Haringey Fabricated that Mrs. Musa had been raped by her stepfather in Sheffield
when she was fifteen and that he administered her opium. Alexander
Constantinou also claims that Mrs. Musa has no living biological parents.
5.5.2 Mrs. Musa lived in Nigeria at that time, with both of her biological parents, who
are still alive today. LBH have personally consulted with Mrs. Musa‟s parents
when LBH refused them access to their family Members upon their visit to the
UK Last year. Mrs. Musa has never been raped. Mrs. Musa knows nobody in 14
Sheffield has never been there and has no intention of so doing. She has only ever
slept with her husband.
5.6 Haringey fabricated that Mrs. Musa was a trafficked sex worker „performing
special services to members of the church.‟ A Mr. Patel is alleged to be one of
Mrs. Musas regular clients. He was claimed to have produced a witness statement
and it is believed by Mr. PRJ that Patel was summonsed to give evidence.
5.6.1 No statement was produced and Mr. Patel did not materialize.
5.7 – Haringey fabricated that Mrs. Musa informed that she had had brain surgery for
epilepsy.
5.7.1 Mrs. Musa has never had brain surgery and does not suffer from epilepsy. She
bears no relevant scars.
5.8 – Haringey Fabricated that both Mrs. Musa and the children have been trafficked
by Mr. Musa for sexual exploitation
5.8.1 DNA tests proves the Musa‟s paternity and the children were bright, articulate
and, by all accounts other than those attached to LBH, well cared for - until their
removal by LBH.
5.9 –Alexandra Fabricated that Mrs. Musa carries Sexually Transmitted Diseases,
specifically syphilis and HIV.
5.9.1 No proof has been forthcoming; no indication has been given as how Alexander
Constantinou diagnosed the illnesses. No referrals were made by LBH for Mrs.
Musa to be examined. Mrs. Musa was clear of STDs at the standard ante-natal
check with her sixth child in February 2010.
5.10 - that all the children have different fathers.
5.10.1 DNA proves Mr. Musa‟s paternity of all five children born at that time. 15
5.11 - that the Musas were „destitute and homeless.‟
5.11.1 Please refer to 3.1 and 3.2 above. The Musas were fine , No concerns from any
doctors GP, or Schools until their livelihoods were shattered by the attrition of the
last 18 months. They could previously afford their rent but have apparently made
the mistake of seeking council Housing and thereby placed themselves within
reach of LBH.
5.12 - that the children are not fed.
5.12.1 Photos of the children reveal them to be fit and thriving. They are above
average at school. No indication is given as to what degree the children
may be deprived, nor is there any reference to LBH referring the children
further or taking corrective measures. The Musas and their children were
highly social people renown for their work in teaching parents how to care
for children. It is unlikely that any abuse would have gone un-noticed in
the circles the family intensely engaged in.
5.13.1 - that Favour is sometimes locked in the garden at night wearing only her nightie.
5.13.2 The family had no access the back garden and the people traffic by the
front garden would have raised alarm bells very quickly. The Musas deny
they have abused their children in such a manner at any previous
address.
5.14.1 - that Mrs Musa presented a baby to a Northern hospital covered in
faeces.
5.14.2 no report exists,no photographs was produced, no explanation as to why
the baby was not then brought to the attention of the local social services.
The location of the hospital is unknown.
5.15.1 - that Mr. Musa was inappropriately touching female staff at the children‟s
St Patrick‟s School in Manchester.16
5.15.2 No reports corroborate the allegations. Mr. Musa denies them.
5.16.1 -Haringey fabricated that Mrs Musa was the subject of domestic violence
from Mr. Musa.
5.16.1 Mrs Musa denies she has ever been mistreated by Mr. Musa it was the
police and social service that abused Mrs Musa
5.17.1 - Haringey Fabricated that Mr. Musa stole church equipment in Harringey
5.17.2 Mr. Musa says its Highly slanderous.
5.18.1 - that the Musas „moved twice from their accommodation‟ 186 west green
Road (the insinuation being that their moving around was unstable for the
children or that they were avoiding proceedings).
5.18.2 the Musas remained in one home, as is evidenced by their receipt of all
court and care-related material and their full engagement in process. No
evidence is forthcoming that the Musas were not available to the social
services at any time.
5.19.1 - that Mrs Musa has mental health problems.
5.19.2 Mrs Musa has no history of mental health problems. Alexander
Constantinou provided a doctor with this information which shocked the good Dr
upon his meeting with Mrs Musa. The doctor had also been told the same
allegations of syphilis, HIV and that Mrs Musa was a sex worker.
5.20.1 - that Mrs Musa‟s baby in the womb had Down Syndrome.
5.20.2 This transpires to be false.
5.21.1 - that the Musas were „not cooperating‟.17
5.21.2 LBH appear to be troubled by the Musas not collaborating with their
version of events to the extent that not submitting to the pressure applied
to them has been interpreted as further proof of abuse
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Again, thanks for the case-report, however everything just seem to be allegations by the Haringey with no evidence. There was no mention of neglect or child abuse substantiated which is exactly wat I find shocking about this case.

[b]It appears Haringey council ruled that it would be economical taking the Children into care rather than providing the Family with a larger accommodation. [/b]They really need to get their act together at the Haringey Council becos they are now becoming notorious.  angry

Haba Madam.
How did you arrive at the conclusion highlighted above from reading that report?

Do you have any idea how much it would cost LBH to place 6 children in care?

I mentioned the issue of judgment earlier and I stand by it.
Why downsize from a 4 bedroom house to a 1 room apartment when you have another baby on the way?
The Musas have lived in the country . They were entirely self supporting, living off earnings from sales of their own merchandise in Africa and the US, Mrs. Musa is also a qualified accountant and banker. For some time before 2009 they were living in Manchester but moved to London upon suffering racial harassment. They were renting a four bed roomed house in Barnet. [/b]Mr.Musa had already set up business as a film maker in a studio in Harringey, focusing on setting up a TV station covering faith and politics. They were very well connected and the family well known amongst the religious and political classes of North London[b]. A friend in the church advised the Musas to apply for social housing. In October 2009 Mrs. Musa did so, whilst pregnant, for no reason other than to reduce the family outgoings.

Even without hearing LBH's side of the story, as a parent myself, I see enough holes here to consider these two, irresponsible individuals.
They probably never listened to sound advise when they could because of self-proclaimed omniscience.
That you've published a few 'holy' books does not make you an authority on child care.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Haba Madam.
How did you arrive at the conclusion highlighted above from reading that report?

Do you have any idea how much it would cost LBH to place 6 children in care?

I mentioned the issue of judgment earlier and I stand by it.
Why downsize from a 4 bedroom house to a 1 room apartment when you have another baby on the way?
Even without hearing LBH's side of the story, as a parent myself, I[b] see enough holes here to consider these two, irresponsible individuals.
They probably never listened to sound advise when they could because of self-proclaimed omniscience.
That you've published a few 'holy' books does not make you an authority on child care[/b].

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by BootyOnMe: 1:08am On Nov 16, 2011
Any news of that 'Mgbeke' woman with the 'WHITE', Igbo baby in South London? Abi na East London?

Gbam! I said it! grin

The allegations by Alexander Constantinou and the responses from the Musas are
listed below:
5.3.1 - that the children did not belong to the Musas; that the children were being
trafficked.
5.3.2 Cell mark Ltd were instructed by LBH to perform DNA tests which
conformed all Six children were the offspring of Chiwar and Gloria Musa.
5.4.1 - that the Musas had a „child missing.‟
5.4.2 This stems from a misunderstanding that the Musas had a child called Peace.
The fictitious Peace had a birthday of February 1
st
2001 - which would have
meant Peace and Favour‟s gestation periods would have overlapped in the womb
- with their being born 5 months apart. 
5.5.1 Haringey Fabricated that Mrs. Musa had been violated by her stepfather in Sheffield
when she was fifteen and that he administered her opium. Alexander
Constantinou also claims that Mrs. Musa has no living biological parents.
5.5.2 Mrs. Musa lived in Nigeria at that time, with both of her biological parents, who
are still alive today. LBH have personally consulted with Mrs. Musa‟s parents
when LBH refused them access to their family Members  upon their visit to the
UK  Last year. Mrs. Musa has never been violated. Mrs. Musa knows nobody in 14
Sheffield has never been there and has no intention of so doing. She has only ever
slept with her husband.
5.6 Haringey fabricated that Mrs. Musa was a trafficked sex worker     „performing
special services to members of the church.‟ A Mr. Patel is alleged to be one of
Mrs. Musas regular clients. He was claimed to have produced a witness statement
and it is believed by Mr. PRJ that Patel was summonsed to give evidence.
5.6.1 No statement was produced and Mr. Patel did not materialize.
5.7 – Haringey fabricated  that Mrs. Musa informed that she had had brain surgery for
epilepsy.
5.7.1 Mrs. Musa has never had brain surgery and does not suffer from epilepsy. She
bears no relevant scars.
5.8 – Haringey Fabricated that both Mrs. Musa and the children have been   trafficked
by Mr. Musa for intimate exploitation
5.8.1 DNA tests proves the Musa‟s paternity and the children were bright, articulate
and, by all accounts other than those attached to LBH, well cared for - until their
removal by LBH.
5.9 –Alexandra Fabricated that Mrs. Musa carries Sexually Transmitted Diseases,
specifically syphilis and HIV.
5.9.1 No proof has been forthcoming; no indication has been given as how Alexander
Constantinou diagnosed the illnesses. No referrals were made by LBH for Mrs.
Musa to be examined. Mrs. Musa was clear of STDs at the standard ante-natal
check with her sixth child in February 2010.
5.10 - that all the children have different fathers.
5.10.1 DNA proves Mr. Musa‟s paternity of all five children born at that time. 15
5.11 - that the Musas were „destitute and homeless.‟
5.11.1 Please refer to 3.1 and 3.2 above. The Musas were fine , No concerns from any
doctors GP, or Schools until their livelihoods were shattered by the attrition of the
last 18 months.  They could previously afford their rent but have apparently made
the mistake of seeking council Housing and thereby placed themselves within
reach of LBH.
5.12 - that the children are not fed.
5.12.1 Photos of the children reveal them to be fit and thriving. They are above
average at school. No indication is given as to what degree the children
may be deprived, nor is there any reference to LBH referring the children
further or taking corrective measures. The Musas and their children were
highly social people renown for their work in teaching parents how to care
for children. It is unlikely that any abuse would have gone un-noticed in
the circles the family intensely engaged in.
5.13.1 - that Favour is sometimes locked in the garden at night wearing only her nightie.
5.13.2 The family had no access the back garden and the people traffic by the
front garden would have raised alarm bells very quickly. The Musas deny
they have abused their children in such a manner at any previous
address.
5.14.1 - that Mrs Musa presented a baby to a Northern hospital covered in
faeces.
5.14.2  no report exists,no photographs was produced, no explanation as to why
the baby was not then brought to the attention of the local social services.
The location of the hospital is unknown.
5.15.1 - that Mr. Musa was inappropriately touching female staff at the children‟s
St Patrick‟s School in Manchester.16
5.15.2 No reports corroborate the allegations. Mr. Musa denies them.
5.16.1 -Haringey  fabricated  that Mrs Musa was the subject of domestic violence
from Mr. Musa.
5.16.1 Mrs Musa denies she has ever been mistreated by Mr. Musa it was the
police and social service that abused Mrs Musa
5.17.1 - Haringey Fabricated  that Mr. Musa stole church equipment in  Harringey
5.17.2 Mr. Musa  says its  Highly slanderous.
5.18.1 - that the Musas „moved twice from their accommodation‟ 186 west green
Road (the insinuation being that their moving around was unstable for the
children or that they were avoiding proceedings).
5.18.2  the Musas remained in one home, as is evidenced by their receipt of all
court and  care-related material and their full engagement in process.  No
evidence is forthcoming that the Musas were not available to the social
services at any time.
5.19.1 - that Mrs Musa has mental health problems.
5.19.2  Mrs Musa has no history of mental health problems. Alexander
Constantinou provided a doctor with this information which shocked the good Dr
upon his meeting with Mrs Musa. The doctor had also been told the same
allegations of syphilis, HIV and that Mrs Musa was a sex worker.
5.20.1 - that Mrs Musa‟s baby in the womb had Down Syndrome.
5.20.2 This transpires to be false.
5.21.1 - that the Musas were „not cooperating‟.17
5.21.2 LBH appear to be troubled by the Musas not collaborating with their
version of events to the extent that not submitting to the pressure applied
to them has been interpreted as further proof of abuse

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! grin
I don't even know where to start from.
Pathetic!

6 children with 6 different fathers? shocked
Akatas-trophik!
With Mgbeke names like 'Favour' and 'Peace'. . . .anything is possible here! cheesy
Good lord! grin
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2011
The Haringey council should return people's kids back to them without abuse or neglect ascertained.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2011
As long as this couple change their habits, and seek remedial help from appropriate agencies, I am almost certain they eventually be reconciled with their children.

Morale of this tale: do not allow yourself to get caught sailing close to the wind where the welfare of children is concerned (in Haringey).
The death of Baby P and Victoria Climbe (at the hands of religious nuts from the Congo) has rightly lead to clearer lines of intervention in cases where parents are found wanting.

Mother jailed after abusing ten children in same area as Baby P scandal -- 27th April 2011
A mother who abused 10 children in Haringey -  the London borough where the Baby P and Victoria Climbié scandals happened - has been jailed for 18 months.
Police, who were tipped of by a member of the public, discovered the children starving, smelly, crawling with head lice and covered in dirt.
When they entered the property they discovered rotten food and a cockroach infestation.

Neglect: The abused children were discovered in Haringey, the London borough where tragic Baby P, pictured, died
Officers had been alerted by a member of the public who was concerned about the children’s condition and the adult nature of their conversations.
The situation was so bad that when a foster carer fed one of the children she pressed the milk bottle hard against her mouth, leaving a red mark.
The skin beneath her nappy was red-raw.
The abuse happened over four years, from 2005 to 2009. It will prompt renewed concerns about child protection standards in Haringey, where 17-month-old Peter  Connelly — Baby P — died at the hands of his mother, her boyfriend and her lodger in 2007, despite 60 visits by social services, police and health professionals.

Haringey was also the borough where eight-year-old Victoria Climbié died in 2000 after being beaten and starved by her aunt and the aunt’s boyfriend, who were jailed for life in 2001 for her murder.
There were 128 injuries on her body.

Another victim: Victoria Climbié was beaten and starved by her aunt and the aunt's boyfriend
An independent report heavily criticised Haringey for the failure of its social workers to protect Victoria.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380793/Haringey-mother-jailed-abusing-10-children-area-Baby-P-Victoria-Climbi.html
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
eGuerrilla:

As long as this couple change their habits, and seek remedial help from appropriate agencies, I am almost certain they eventually be reconciled with their children.

Morale of this tale: do not allow yourself to get caught sailing close to the wind where the welfare of children is concerned (in Haringey).
The death of Baby P and Victoria Climbe (at the hands of religious nuts from the Congo) has rightly lead to clearer lines of intervention in cases where parents are found wanting.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380793/Haringey-mother-jailed-abusing-10-children-area-Baby-P-Victoria-Climbi.html

This is not an aduse or neglect case. It is a case of Haringey seizing the Children of a couple and saying whatever they like without providing evidence or case file. That is wrong. There is a fine line to be drawn here between Victoria Climbe and Baby P. Let us deal with each case individually like they are.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by doja1: 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2011
There is definitely more to the story. One problem with the family court system in the UK is the secrecy that surrounds it all, so we are definitely not being given the whole picture, both sides have things which there are not permitted to disclose which makes it impossible to understand fully what has happened here.
Re: UK Police Seize Day Old Nigerian Baby & Five Siblings by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

This is not an aduse or neglect case. It is a case of Haringey seizing the Children of a couple and saying whatever they like without providing evidence or case file. That is wrong. There is a fine line to be drawn here between Victoria Climbe and Baby P. Let us deal with each case individually like they are.

Well, I don't buy this line of reasoning. sad

In a few of the 150-odd videos uploaded to YouTube by Bishop Gloria, I see an unstable disposition which is alarming in itself.
Align this observation with the onerous task of raising '5+1 children', all under the age of 10; then tell me if it is still implausible that these parents, who were obviously constrained for time and resources, might have made some fundamental mistakes.

I call it as I see, madam.

It is no use asking Nigerians to go to war over this issue, if you are not prepared to deliver a few home truths to the Chiwars.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / Ambode At Thanksgiving Service Of 1st Year In Office / Certificate Forgery: Judge’s Health Stalls Hearing In Suit Against Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.