Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find (776 Views)

Sweet Sixteen By Bolaji Abdullahi – Jamb Recommended / Jamb Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects / JAMB Recommended Books For English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics And Biology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 11:13am On Mar 21
Two of the three critical textbooks recommended by JAMB for candidates are neither accessible nor available, not only in Nigeria, but anywhere else in the world.

One of the books is authored by a Nigerian and the other by a foreigner. The Nigerian authored critical text is titled 'A Dictionary of Literature ' by Emeaba Onuma Emeaba and published in 1987 while the foreign authored critical text is titled 'Understanding Unseens: An Introduction to English Poetry and the English Novel for Overseas Students' by Murphy Murtagh John and published in 1972.

I have personally visited 3 top Nigerian universities existing during the publication of these texts but could locate the book. The best information I found during my expedition was the call marks of the texts in the catalog section of the University of Abuja library. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the book in the entire library.

I have visited all major book markets in Lagos, Ibadan, and Abuja and couldn't find anything useful.

If anyone has any information that would help to locate the texts, please reach out to me.

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 1:23pm On Mar 21
I have soft copy of the foreign book.how much?
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 2:56pm On Mar 21
Septagon:
I have soft copy of the foreign book.how much?

I'm happy you have it. How much do you want to for it?
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 3:04pm On Mar 21
chiwuike20:

I'm happy you have it. How much do you want to for it?
how much is it worth to you?
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 3:16pm On Mar 21
Septagon:
N10,000. That said, I wish to state that the purpose of looking for the books is to enable me and my team provide free and qualitative supplementary education (free tutorials) to undeserving and less privileged locals to complement the poor education in my poverty-stricken neighborhood in Ajegunle. You could equally support the cause by sharing the copy for free.

5 Likes

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 5:34pm On Mar 21
Septagon:

Kindly reply to my above response. N10,000.
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by clockwisereport: 6:19pm On Mar 21
chiwuike20:

dont give him one kobo. I will look for the softcopy of the book and send it to you tomorrow

7 Likes

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 7:22pm On Mar 21
chiwuike20:

I will get back to you.very soon

1 Like

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 7:26pm On Mar 21
clockwisereport:
dont give him one kobo. I will look for the softcopy of the book and send it to you tomorrow
people like you spoil things for people who are desperately in need of something.wat if i now say,im not sending again to him,that u shud send and im hundred percent certain u dont have any of those books.u think sourcing for books is buying garri?I will definitely be waiting for u to bring the book tomorrow,if u dont,then shame on you.
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by clockwisereport: 8:18pm On Mar 21
Septagon:
people like you spoil things for people who are desperately in need of something.wat if i now say,im not sending again to him,that u shud send and im hundred percent certain u dont have any of those books.u think sourcing for books is buying garri?I will definitely be waiting for u to bring the book tomorrow,if u dont,then shame on you.
Go through my posts on nairaland. i have been sending books to people free of charge. There is nothing special in downloading and sending books to people.

Again, if after searching for it and i dont find it, i will send 10k to u once op confirm7 that u sent him the book.

1 Like

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 8:46pm On Mar 21
clockwisereport:
Go through my posts on nairaland. i have been sending books to people free of charge. There is nothing special in downloading and sending books to people.

Again, if after searching for it and i dont find it, i will send 10k to u once op confirm7 that u sent him the book.
so u dont have the book already and u were rushing to advise someone not to pay for a service?so wat if the person had heeded u and stood waiting for you,after discarding the me? that's how u will disappoint him,after blabbing that u have it.
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by clockwisereport: 8:48pm On Mar 21
Septagon:
so u dont have the book already and u were rushing to advise someone not to pay for a service?so wat if the person had heeded u and stood waiting for you,after discarding the me? that's how u will disappoint him,after blabbing that u have it.
where did i say i already have d book? Bia,gbaru ogwu gi nuo
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 8:52pm On Mar 21
clockwisereport:
where did i say i already have d book? Bia,gbaru ogwu gi nuo
oohh,u are even an igbo,I rest my case.
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by clockwisereport: 8:58pm On Mar 21
Septagon:
oohh,u are even an igbo,I rest my case.
ibibio boy dey troll nwa afor. Na Nigeria i blame
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by CarlosTheJackal: 7:56am On Mar 22
chiwuike20:

don't send that money to o that scammer.

If you haven't gotten it, lemme go on Twitter and ask for it, someone will definitely have it and share for free.

Septagon is a bloody theif

2 Likes

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by CarlosTheJackal: 7:58am On Mar 22
chiwuike20:

If you haven't gotten it, lemme go on Twitter and ask for it, someone will definitely have it and share for free.

Septagon is a bloody theif.

3 Likes

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 4:23pm On Mar 22
CarlosTheJackal:

Septagon is a bloody theif.
I don't reply touts,but let this be the final reply.have u finished asking on Twitter?do u have the copy?if not,u are actually a f.ool.i had said everything to the other person above,so no need engaging in discourse with ur type.

1 Like

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by Septagon: 9:56am On Mar 23
chiwuike20:

sorry.i have not seen the exact copy, just replicas.
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 12:37pm On Mar 23
Septagon:
sorry.i have not seen the exact copy, just replicas.

Thank you for trying. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 12:40pm On Mar 23
The "understanding Unseens..." text was found in Stanford University library. But I'm speaking with students and trying to get across to the University authority to make an e-copy available to me.
Re: Two JAMB Recommended Textbooks You Will Never Find by chiwuike20: 12:22am On Mar 26
One of the two unavailable critical texts on literature found, one remaining.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK / Uniben Post Ume / A Reading Method That Works Like Magic,you Can't Fail Using This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.