Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN (17758 Views)

List Of 47 Microfinance Banks Licences Revoked By CBN / 17 Companies Licensed By CBN As Mobile Money Operators In Nigeria (Full List) / It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by ogododo: 12:25pm On Mar 21
A report by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has revealed that out of the total loans of N10.3 trillion disbursed as intervention, N193 billion has been declared lost and another N418.9 billion remains doubtful.

According to the report, which was last updated in September 2023, detailed the breakdown of the bank’s intervention funds over the years.

Conquering the clouds on a journey to Ta Xua with the team - Road Trip Vietnam Team - Nếm TV

A doubtful loan is one for which full repayment is questionable and uncertain. The degree of repayment of loans in question ranges from a complete loss to an uncertain loss unless corrective actions are taken.

According to the report, out of the N10.3 trillion in intervention funds, N4.4 trillion has been repaid, while approximately N5.8 trillion remains outstanding. Some of the loans are tenured, meaning they only fall due when the principal repayments mature.

However, only N969.8 billion of the outstanding amount was past due, as some loans had repayment tenures extending years beyond 2023. Based on this, the report claimed the percentage of repayments to amounts due was 75.8%.

The apex bank report also indicates that N289 billion of the loans are performing, N67.9 billion is substandard and N418.9 billion is doubtful and N193.9 billion of the loans are lost.

The apex bank governor, Yemi Cardoso, has repeatedly criticised the intervention funds carried out under the leadership of Godwin Emefiele, claiming that the bank could not implement the interventions appropriately.

https://dailytrust.com/n193bn-intervention-loans-declared-lost-by-cbn/

3 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by atiku4President(m): 12:26pm On Mar 21
Na so, that's how the state has been fraudulently empowering some lazy country men and women, especially from the North. How many Southerners benefit from such scam?
We know those who don't need govt loots to survive. They work hard to survive and build their communities and can beat their chests any day to say that to anyone who cares to listen.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by helinues: 12:27pm On Mar 21
Toh

1 Like

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Ofunaofu: 12:29pm On Mar 21
Who collected these loans that CBN is declaring it as lost

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Salewa97: 12:30pm On Mar 21
The CBNs report reveals that N193 billion of intervention loans have been lost and another N418.9 billion remains doubtful, highlighting the need for corrective actions to ensure repayment of these loans.

20 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by helinues: 12:30pm On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

The ekuke above me has come to defend clueless Tinupoo and his patch patch Cbn gofano.

Or blame buhari that they praised and defended for 8 wasted years.

Helinues you need to see a psychiatrist

Are you a born troller? Point out to what I have defended on this thread.

Wondering if na idleness dey make some of you just to be incoherent all the time

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by helinues: 12:33pm On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

Go see a psychiatrist first...that will be a good headstart

Don't be quarter clever, point out to what I have defended on this thread.

Why are you guys so fixated about others? Why?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Cindypresh(f): 12:39pm On Mar 21
helinues:

Don't be quarter clever, point out to what I have defended on this thread.

Why are you guys so fixated about others? Why?

Stop mentioning me, I cannot help you sorry...only a psychiatrist can.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by CodeTemplar: 12:52pm On Mar 21
Lost. What of those lost to levies and ransom?

3 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by blacknp(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

Stop mentioning me, I cannot help you sorry...only a psychiatrist can.
Maybe you should recommend the psychiatrists that treated you, Or maybe the one still treating you after your relapse?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by helinues: 1:01pm On Mar 21
blacknp:
Always Igbo, why?

Imagine the person accusing me of something but when asked for proofs, he started fuming in the mouth.

I really don't know why some of they are just so bitter about politics matter

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Chinkoalhaji34: 1:03pm On Mar 21
It is concerning to see that N193 billion of intervention loans have been declared lost and N418.9 billion remains doubtful, raising questions about the effectiveness of the implemented interventions.

10 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by blacknp(m): 1:06pm On Mar 21
helinues:

Imagine the person accusing me of something but when asked for proofs, he started fuming in the mouth.

I really don't know why some of they are just so bitter about politics matter
It must be in their DNA, because it is surprising that this generation of them, can harbor soo much bitterness & hate ingrained in them, most especially against Yorubas.

Mind you, i am from a minority tribe, & this I have noticed, over years of observation based on comments, & stereotype.

Tinubu’s victory over Gringory Yes Daddy Obi, Just ignited it to another new level.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by budaatum: 1:13pm On Mar 21
atiku4President:
Na so, that's how the state has been fraudulently empowering some lazy country men and women, especially from the North. How many Southerners benefit from such scam?
We know those who don't need govt loots to survive. They work hard to survive and build their communities and can beat their chests any day to say that to anyone who cares to listen.

We really do want you to believe it was Northerners who received these loans. That way you wouldn't notice your Southern neighbour bought a Benz with a loan he now does not need to pay back.

Sensible people would get some facts instead of just believing crap!

2 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by CountinBlessins(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21
blacknp:
Always Igbo, why?

Seun mynd44 obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique mukina2

Derailing thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by SeeWahala: 1:38pm On Mar 21
Declared LOST or declared LOOTED ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Day169: 1:41pm On Mar 21
.. that snake again! undecided

3 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:56pm On Mar 21
atiku4President:

So spot on with the bolded! Can’t count the number of times i heard of the Buhari gov’t, using either the CBN, international donor agencies and financial institutions, or their own ministries/agencies, to dole out money and make all sorts of spurious ‘interventions’ that disproportionately or wholly favoured the north! And this is just the one we know of….with documentation! Probably a equal amount was diverted and lost through under-the-table and covert dealings! This was why he wanted his fellow core northern muslims to head all the critical finance-related and money-spinning gov’t ministries, agencies, and coys like NNPC….as well as those responsible for disbursement of funds! The same heist is still going on as we speak, with the new set of gangsters the baton was handed over to!

This is all what Nigeria means to some….what they can covet and plunder for themselves, their cronies and their ethnicity/region, while at the same time wickedly ensuring others are denied their fair share!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:23pm On Mar 21
Day169:
.. that snake again! undecided
it should be a crocodile this time around

1 Like

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by nonny1212: 4:48pm On Mar 21
Lizards did it this time

3 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by AntiChristian: 4:48pm On Mar 21
grin

Emefielele!

4 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Racoon(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21
shocked Lost, swallowed or relooted? Bastard criminals @ work.

2 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by gracealonev: 4:50pm On Mar 21
U
Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by b3llo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21
Devil fear Nigeria run

2 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Osidazz19: 4:50pm On Mar 21
Some people will not bother to read the story before posting rubbish oh.

Basically, Nigerians don't like to pay back loans but they want to live like Americans. America and the West in general is all about getting and paying loans. That's how they can afford many things without having to pay down all the money at once.
Nigerians need to cultivate the habit of getting loans for businesses and paying it back so that others will also benefit in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Kaido: 4:52pm On Mar 21
grin
Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by id4sho(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21
NIRSAL tongue

Their staffs used it as business

4 Likes

Re: N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN by Abbeyme: 4:54pm On Mar 21
Not again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Richest Men In Africa? / NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market / The Global Scam Called Omegapro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.