Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Ministry To Jehovah's Witnesses Part 11 - Why You Should Eat The Emblem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ministry To Jehovah's Witnesses Part 11 - Why You Should Eat The Emblem (130 Views)

One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ministry To Jehovah's Witnesses Part 11 - Why You Should Eat The Emblem by Sand2022: 1:14pm On Mar 21
On Sunday, 24th March, 2024, Jehovah's witnesses world over will be remembering the death of our Lord Jesus Christ. They will do this after sundown in all the kingdom halls all over the world. This is a commendable observance that we all should be happy with. At Luke 22:19, Jesus instructed that we should keep doing this in remembrance of him.

How often this ocassion should be done is still a subject of controversy. The JWs decided to do their's yearly since it is an anniversary. They have a point in chosing Nissan 14, and in doing it annually. However the church has undergone controversies over this issue that has resulted in a different date. Well, the good news is that they still celebrate the Lord's Evening Meal. It should also be noted that this year's Nissan 14 didn't fall on 24th of March as JW invitation seem to suggest.

But the major issue is on who pertake of the emblem. This aspect is even more important than the dates and how often it is celebrated. Why? Jesus said:

“... Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will live because of me." (John 6:53-57)

The bold-faced is the scary aspect. The emblem being circulated during the memorial represents Jesus flesh and blood. Jesus was plain that eating of them will help one gain everlasting life. This is not an issue one should joke with. If one deliberately ignores pertaking of the emblem, he is risking his eternal future unless circumstances prevents him from eating. In that case, it won't be deliberate.

JWs Governing body is not thorough and meticulous in scrutinizing the scriptures, that is why they haven't seen the danger of their doctrine. You can imagine that after many years of reading 1cor 5:11-13, and 2john 9-11, it is now they understand the context of these scriptures. That is just one example.

They teach that those who pertake of the emblem are only the anointed with the heavenly hope. Heavenly hope is for christians who have faith in Jesus ransom sacrifice. That is the major focus of the new testament. If you want to be convinced that not only 144,000 will go to heaven, please read these threads: (https://www.nairaland.com/8033074/ministry-jws-part-10-great; https://www.nairaland.com/7532433/144000.html)

How does one know he is anointed?

In a 2020 article entitled "the Spirit bears witness with our spirit" it is stated that God's spirit makes it absolutely clear to them that they are joint heirs with Christ. As such, a heavenly class. According to them, you will have an inner conviction that you belong.

However, that is not what Paul is talking about. The context is not discussing earthly inheritance versus heavenly inheritance. It is rather discussing fleshly or cannal humans versus spirit led christians. Check the context. You don't need to wait for many decades for the GB to start reading this text from context. If you don't belong to the spirit led persons Paul spoke about in that chapter, you're a fleshly minded individual. You're not a true christian.

See verses 4 and 5:

"so that the righteous requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk, not according to the flesh, but according to the spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the spirit, on the things of the spirit."

Verse 9 says:

9 However, you are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in you. But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this person does not belong to him."

So this chapter is not talking about earthly versus heavenly, but fleshly minded people versus spirit led true christians. If ROM 8:15,16 does not apply to you, you don't belong to Christ.

In addition to what I wrote under my article about the Great Crowd, notice another point.

God also called the Great Crowd sons.

Rev 7:17- God will guide the Great crowd to springs of waters of life. Now notice what Rev 21:6,7 says:

And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the spring of the water of life free. 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

The inheritance spoken of must include the ones mentioned at Rev 21:3,4. And that scripture is applied by JWs to the earthly class. But they fail to read down to verse 7, to see that these inheritance must be for the anointed ones when Jerusalem, the city, has come down. One should also note that verse 7 says ANYONE conquering, not only 144,000.

You can make your own emblem and eat at home if you feel that the brothers might start viewing you as special when in reality all of them should eat it. But GB misunderstanding has changed the view of things.

If you don't pertake of the emblem, you can see how you are endangering your salvation.

But does not the "creation" mentioned at ROM 8:19-22 refer to people with earthly hope?

Next time, I will discuss that.
Re: Ministry To Jehovah's Witnesses Part 11 - Why You Should Eat The Emblem by achorladey: 7:53pm On Mar 21
What do you expect of a religious organization who said the New testament/Greek scripture is written and directed to anointed Christians aka 144,000 grin

The reason they choose to partition its interpretation to their GODS of men resident in USA and those who they say are mentally unstable eating the emblems all over the world grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Jesus Is Not Coming / 22 Benefits Of The Death And Resurrection Of Jesus / The History And Origin Of Njaba River In Imo State Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.