Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog (14557 Views)

CBN Settles All FX Backlog As External Reserves Rise To $34.11 Billion / Nigeria Central Bank Clears 14 Banks' FX Backlog, Turns To Airlines / CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by ClassicMan202(m): 3:25pm On Mar 21
Ggg
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Mar 21
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

Some humanoids that didnt believe the positive news that CBN already cleared the backlog will come over here to rejoice over this rumour

If at 20+, all your mind tends to attract, all that interests your mind is negative happenings, if positive news are lies to u, then u need 365days of concentrated exorcism

You are gone

are you saying that the Association of Foreign Airlines and Representatives in Nigeria, (AFARN) don't like this your "positive news"?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by mrvitalis(m): 3:26pm On Mar 21
This APC people market forces, economic index don't care about propaganda and lies

Facts are facts and would be open sooner or later

That little money they borrowed to keep naira low would soon finish

Instead giving the money to producers of import substitute or export oriented products to expand and grow the real sector they are here playing lips service

Sad
Naira would reach 2000 this year nothing can stop it
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by TonyBby: 3:27pm On Mar 21
let's see and hope it ends positively.
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by AutoChick4U(f): 3:28pm On Mar 21
APC and lies
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by arcis: 3:29pm On Mar 21
Most of the comments above are just ridiculous..You peoples always believe an entity over government sources. You all are the biggest problem in Nigeria. All you want to hear is negative news abt Nigeria but not knowing you are the major problem.

To he'll with you all angry

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by zebszebs: 3:31pm On Mar 21
Government by propaganda and lies

Joseff Goebells didnt do 1/10 of what these people are doing.

Squealer of The Animal Farm is clearly a learner compared to these ones.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by SoNature(m): 3:34pm On Mar 21
RealLordZeus:

Who do we believe

Opinion 1 made a valid argument while Opinion 2 is an agbadorian hoping to get an appointment from this government.

Why? Check out the continuation of Opinion 2's statement.

If an airliner sells tickets at $1 for 1700 and wants to take their money back to their country, I think it makes sense to refund the money in its USD equivalent, not refering me to an exchange option that will reduce their money to $1 for #1400.

In summary, the backlogs haven't been cleared because the airlines haven't repatriated their earnings.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Osidazz19: 3:34pm On Mar 21
So the airlines can't speak for themselves? Na one loud mouth will tell us if they are settled or not?
Clown 🤡

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by SoNature(m): 3:35pm On Mar 21
seborrhic:

Can't you mean

Thank you 👌
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by demolagilbert: 3:36pm On Mar 21
LordAdam16:
Wait, so the foreign airlines sold tickets at rate of <460.
You trapped their funds for years.
And now you're asking them to repatriate at rate of 1400-1600.

Cardoso is unwell.

-Lord
At least you understand the situation unlike the numbskulls that commented before you.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by papagiddy(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21
So pple are not just happy to see Nigeria out of debts... They can't just stand Nigeria being happy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by SoNature(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21
arcis:
Most of the comments above are just ridiculous..You peoples always believe an entity over government sources. You all are the biggest problem in Nigeria. All you want to hear is negative news abt Nigeria but not knowing you are the major problem.

Trust or reputation is a virtue that is earned over time. If the government continuously lies to the people for a reason best known to them, nobody will believe them anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by masseratti: 3:40pm On Mar 21
WIZGUY69:
That's their personal problem.
My own is for dollar to go back 2k if price of everything won't come down.
200 million greedy people
undecided
I swear, Nigerians are so greedy ..even the airlines, immediately dollar went up their prices goes up ..oya come and collect dollars at current rates they are refusing...greedy people up and down .

I have been saying it before and thank God it came to pass the more we encourage economic sabotage in government the more we all suffer for it both me and dangote,adenuga ,orji uzor kalu,Bua,Otedola,Arthur eze... everyone in government we all become less richer and poor ..if we don't stop corruption in fx and government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Zeebuy: 3:43pm On Mar 21
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

Some humanoids that didnt believe the positive news that CBN already cleared the backlog will come over here to rejoice over this rumour

If at 20+, all your mind tends to attract, all that interests your mind is negative happenings, if positive news are lies to u, then u need 365days of concentrated exorcism

You are gone

But why would they lie?
Are you going to blame them for being sceptical of any comment from this government with all these lying here and there?
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Salubata(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21
Are you sure you read at all?

The man that say otherwise wasn't sure. He only ask for amount paid for him to believe.

Other confirmed the payment and explain further
bigeliot:
Lie lie government

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by arsenal33: 3:49pm On Mar 21
CountinBlessins:
When a government relies on propaganda more than I integrity . Stop employing online trolls to defend your nonsense online and fix the damn economy!
Lies and propaganda can only go so far.
Maybe Tinubu needs to sack his media aides, special advisers on media and the minister rof information.

All these people are making him look so bad with their kindergarten level propaganda
read the article

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by kolaaderin: 3:53pm On Mar 21
bigeliot:
Lie lie government
Keep deceiving yourself, CBN has stated they have cleared the legitimate claims, but you just want it to be bad for your own country. You people are unbelievably ridiculous.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Tareq1105: 3:54pm On Mar 21
LagosFirstSon:
We knew the government lied and cardoso the biggest failure of all CBN governors

LagosFirstSon, this is what you would do for 8 yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Zeebuy: 3:54pm On Mar 21
arcis:

Shattap abeg. You expect everyone to be as low-headed as you are despite the numerous lies of this calamitous government?

No nau, not everyone can be daft like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by nedekid: 3:54pm On Mar 21
When I saw the earlier post fgn had cleared the trapped fx owed to airlines, I was cautious and said to wait to hear from the airlines.
The airlines sold tickets at the then cbn rate of eg ₦440 to $1, so it was said they were owed $800m in trapped funds.
Now with the current ₦1500 to $1, gov now decides to pay them using the current rate ie their money will now be a quarter ie $266m or thereabout.
Omo, there is no way they will accept that. It's either cbn pays them their complete amount or Nigerians will continue suffering high ticket prices as the cheaper seats will not be unlocked.
Look at it this way, last year I sold you a toks 2003 corolla for 4m ($5700), $1 was ₦700 then.
You said I should give you time to pay. You now delayed to pay me for 1 year, now $1 is ₦1600. Ie ₦4m is now $2,500
You now want to pay me that same 4m for the corolla.. No be juju be dat?

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by seguno2: 3:55pm On Mar 21
RealLordZeus:

Who do we believe

Has Emirates Airline resumed flights

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by emerged01(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21
DrTee1:
I hope this would be clarified soon.

It would be unfortunate if the Federal Government claims to have offset Forex Backlog that is discovered not to be reflective of reality.
Where Were you guys when CBN was saying that some forex debt will not be paid because they were no enough evidence by the coys to back up their claims? Above coy may fall in that situation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by seguno2: 3:58pm On Mar 21
arcis:

What has the federal government done for the past few years to make anyone trust their words

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by victorDanladi: 3:59pm On Mar 21
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

You are gone
He mentioned that those people that have their papers have been cleared

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by naija4life247: 4:00pm On Mar 21
Ogun kee dem Mama. You think you can defraud Emilokan Tinubu a First Class Graduate of Accounting of the Chicago State University? You must be MAD. No claim that is not backed by evidence and proofs will be paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Menclothing: 4:00pm On Mar 21
Lol
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by goody234: 4:04pm On Mar 21
You see why some businesses do not want to operate in nigeria ,you will be cheating them !! after holding their dollar money for so long selling it to your fellow crooks at a discounts rates....you now want them to collect it at a loss you ingrates will never progress ...

How can you attract investors with this level of dishonesty
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by MosayA: 4:05pm On Mar 21
Propaganda left,right and center
Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Treadway: 4:09pm On Mar 21
nedekid:
When I saw the earlier post fgn had cleared the trapped fx owed to airlines, I was cautious and said to wait to hear from the airlines.
The airlines sold tickets at the then cbn rate of eg ₦440 to $1, so it was said they were owed $800m in trapped funds.
Now with the current ₦1500 to $1, gov now decides to pay them using the current rate ie their money will now be a quarter ie $266m or thereabout.
Omo, there is no way they will accept that. It's either cbn pays them their complete amount or Nigerians will continue suffering high ticket prices as the cheaper seats will not be unlocked.
Look at it this way, last year I sold you a toks 2003 corolla for 4m ($5700), $1 was ₦700 then.
You said I should give you time to pay. You now delayed to pay me for 1 year, now $1 is ₦1600. Ie ₦4m is now $2,500
You now want to pay me that same 4m for the corolla.. No be juju be dat?
you got it! So did LordAdam16 (not that I'm surprised)... I should have mentioned you in a discussion in my thread, but your moniker skipped my mind. You can check it out and share your thoughts as well

1 Like

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by Bluntemperor: 4:13pm On Mar 21
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

You are gone

The OP, and many mineons here on Nairaland Forum,love to give Negative News about Nigeria, thinking by so doing,you drive traffic on the Topic!
How Patrotic are you?
The OP should have asked pertinent questions, from those he was interviewing!
- How Many Airlines ( list them) are yet to be settled? Then the Public can see for themselves,to know the Truth !
- How Much are being owed Each?
- Can we vet the real Amount through their Receipts or Vouchers being provided?
We need to know the Truth,not after Emiefiele damage the CBN reputation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog by BondRiv: 4:19pm On Mar 21
The EFCC should look into this one. The level of greed and unpatriotism in this country is alarming. I wouldn't be surprised if those sabotaging our currency and economy are found here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Working Loan Platforms Without Collateral / Nigerian Women To Emulate / Copyrights And Patenting: A Guide To Protecting Your Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.