Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,736 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit (15146 Views)

TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / New York Doctor Sues Apple Over Watch’s Heart Technology / Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by ruggedtimi(m): 12:50am On Mar 22
Philipgarza31:
If android say they are better than apple why the suits then?? Or they thought apple was on a picture zoom contest with them. They brought rubbish things like tear drop and apple went for notch and they still turned around and followed apple. They made 4sims apple made esim. See if you know the genius behind iPhone u will fear apple. The only reason anyone doesn’t own an iPhone is coz they can’t afford it.
i totally disagree with your last statement.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by JooEeL(m): 1:00am On Mar 22
Kind of news the patient investors like.

Wait for price to drop about > 10% value of price due to news that doesn't affect company's operational prowess, then make entry.

1 Like

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by frog12: 1:08am On Mar 22
na dem get am

teewhydope:

It's not nonsense. basic things users have access to on other operating systems are restricted by apple (nfc emulation, access to full storage, sideloading etc) due to greed. You might not understand these things as a common user but these things are important in the tech, iphone shouldn't be about pictures alone. Apple are greedy abeg!
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Ykc2(m): 1:13am On Mar 22
Obasanjo and dangote used federal might to destroy ibeto cement,well America no be naija

2 Likes

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Amayabor1: 1:55am On Mar 22
Namaster:
A waste of time and money.

Companies like Apple, Amazon, Google and Meta are immune to pesky things like lawsuits. Even from an entity as powerful as the US government.

First of all, they have an army of HIGHLY COMPETENT attorneys who live for legal warfare. They are paid FAT cheques to take the law and flog lawmakers with it.

Apart from their legal teams, Apple has a HORDE of customers whose devotion to them can be likened to that of religious extremist.

People sleep OUTSIDE in American weather just for a chance to get Apple's latest gadgets.

Plus, the people who have shares in Apple are movers and shakers of the US economy. They are not to be bleeped with.

For instance, companies like Berkshire Hathaway owns APPLE shares worth about $161B. For context, all the dollars in the Nigerian Foreign Reserves is just $34B. Despite the INSANE padding, Nigeria National Budget is about $19.6B.

BH has $161B in Apple.
BH has an ENORMOUS power in the US stock market.
And it's not even the only one.

This entire lawsuit is a joke.

The day I realized that some companies are bigger than the US company is the day I watched Mark Zuckerberg's testimony before the US Congress.

Mark REFUSED to answer any question straight.

If they ask "What is A?", Mark will reply with "I think Jerry from Tom and Jerry is gay".

All attempts to force him to give a straight answer were met with a variation of "go fuuuck yourself".

Now consider the fact that Apple is 200% BIGGER than Meta and you'll begin to understand why this lawsuits is just bored politicians looking for some short-lived excitement.

You are contradicting yourself. If these companies have lots of expert lawyers, don't you think Mark Zuckerberg and every of these CEOs are prepped on what to say, how to answer questions and what not to say, anytime they appear before the US Congress?

If you are a CEO of a multi billion dollar company like Meta, Google, Twitter, Amazon, etc, you don't attend a US Congress meeting without first being prepped by your lawyers. If you do, those Congress men will force you to say things to implicate you and your company because they also have lawyers that prep them and tell them what to ask these CEOs.

Even in Nigeria, if you have a criminal case and you are arrested and the police is investigating, your lawyer will have to guide you on how to answer the police questions. If not, you fit go use your mouth put yourself for trouble.

1 Like

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by tishbite43: 3:16am On Mar 22
Namaster:

Companies like Apple, Amazon, Google and Meta are immune to pesky things like lawsuits. Even from an entity as powerful as the US government.

First of all, they have an army of HIGHLY COMPETENT attorneys who live for legal warfare. They are paid FAT cheques to take the law and flog lawmakers with it.

Apart from their legal teams, Apple has a HORDE of customers whose devotion to them can be likened to that of religious extremist.

People sleep OUTSIDE in American weather just for a chance to get Apple's latest gadgets.

Plus, the people who have shares in Apple are movers and shakers of the US economy. They are not to be bleeped with.

For instance, companies like Berkshire Hathaway owns APPLE shares worth about $161B. For context, all the dollars in the Nigerian Foreign Reserves is just $34B. Despite the INSANE padding, Nigeria National Budget is about $19.6B.

BH has $161B in Apple.

The day I realized that some companies are bigger than the US company is the day I watched Mark Zuckerberg's testimony before the US Congress.

If they ask "What is A?", Mark will reply with "I think Jerry from Tom and Jerry is gay".

All attempts to force him to give a straight answer were met with a variation of "go fuuuck yourself".

Now consider the fact that Apple is 200% BIGGER than Meta and you'll begin to understand why this lawsuits is just bored politicians looking for some short-lived excitement.
Go and read about John Rockefeller and his Standard Oil Group
Go and study the Sherman Antitrust Act
If you're lazy to read, you can watch the movie, The Men Who Built America
It doesn't take a serious government anything to unbundle any company or business franchise

4 Likes

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Johel(m): 3:55am On Mar 22
nlfpmod:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/21/tech/apple-sued-antitrust-doj

Apple is a stupid greedy brand stealing from its consumers and
Beefing android.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by micwill: 4:08am On Mar 22
Its funny how someone just sitdown in his room and type rubbish

Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

3 Likes

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by ObalendeCMS: 4:19am On Mar 22
Na only Y! boy & cum filled skull with disease infested uterus hoelosho dey carry iphone for head.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Eagba(m): 4:28am On Mar 22
CoronaVirusPro:

On what basis do you want to sue Dangote?

That he has the largest market share?
That he lobbied past government officials to block outside importation of cement while promising fair pricing
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by gnykelly(m): 4:38am On Mar 22
Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

Even the law makers that are question apple monopoly have type A shares in the company...all these are academic joggernaut.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by gnykelly(m): 4:40am On Mar 22
Ykc2:
Obasanjo and dangote used federal might to destroy ibeto cement,well America no be naija

Ineto was an importer not a manufacturer...he was never interested in manufacturing.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Harddiskng(m): 4:44am On Mar 22
happney65:
Just watched on CNN about two minutes ago. And was like what is the meaning of this nonesense suit.

Wife was even surprised and asking why should Apple be sued for just doing business like all other Capitalists do

Rubbish!

P.S. I am not a Fan of Apple. However,I believe the court will throw out this case. You can claim monopoly but don't I have the right to do whatever the hell I want with my product?

I can even decide it is only Apple products that can call or chat with each other so why the tears.

It is the long game the American government is playing.

They just want to turn “Apple’s iphone” into “Our iphone”. Making it a community baby so to speak.

With China nurturing Huawei, there is not way America would do any to hurt iphone.

It is just a play to break to break its boundaries and give the American government more access.

1 Like

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Boobysmith: 4:45am On Mar 22
achinu:
Having only iOS and Android as the only two major dominant smartphone OS has actually hurt innovation and consumers suffer!
We should never have ended up with a 2 horse OS race. Go read up on palm OS and Symbian OS, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry etc. I'm not in anyway blaming Apple or Google for their dominance, just stating facts based on my industry experience and what I witnessed first hand. In the USA, the mobile phone carriers actually contributed to dominance of both Apple & Android OS by heavily subsiding the price of the devices in exchange for a service contract with the consumers.
When there's isn't any competition, innovation suffers and companies can charge absurd prices for little.

Symbian is ahead of its time, blackberry tried it's best but consumers stop buying them, palm sold it self to tv makers, windows phone died with real nokia. Android is the only OS that stick along All these years with Google rearing. if wasn't apple is only for the richest even android will not survive.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by jikins(m): 5:22am On Mar 22
Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

Dude do some reading abeg wetin be this. Mark refused to answer questions straight means he is bigger than the government? This must br your first time watching a congressional hearing.

The entire lawsuit is a joke but you didn't state 1 single reason how any of the charges apple is facing are a joke? Again shows how little you know about the laws in the US.

You think army of lawyers can save you when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar in the US? Dey play

If the US government can effectively prove apple violated anti trust laws 1s in court otilo oh.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Ykc2(m): 6:20am On Mar 22
gnykelly:

Ineto was an importer not a manufacturer...he was never interested in manufacturing.
dangote too was importing his own later he will rebagged it in 50kg Obasanjo gave him almost half of apapa wharf don't tell us what we know
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Prigidypogodo(f): 6:26am On Mar 22
DenreleDave:
I hope this brings the price of iPhone down..

May this lawsuit favour me and my family
to eat more beans
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Greattha: 6:56am On Mar 22
You're very right.

You know some don't follow these events so they don't know.

The stiffness of apple in the EU is reducing.

They think foreign legislators and judiciaries are like the Nigerian ones.

Yes you have a right to do business but there are rules you must follow...monopoly never favours any sector.

Watching these lawmakers makes you understand the true meaning of legislation.

They actually fight for the people and make laws that make life better not only for themselves because there's accountability.

martineverest:
goan read more about anticompetitive behaviours by big companies....EU sued apple and Google recently...Japan and Korea are also weighing same option

FYI,u can now download iOS apps from website in EU countries

1 Like

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by martineverest(m): 7:59am On Mar 22
Greattha:
You're very right.

You know some don't follow these events so they don't know.

The stiffness of apple in the EU is reducing.

They think foreign legislators and judiciaries are like the Nigerian ones.

Yes you have a right to do business but there are rules you must follow...monopoly never favours any sector.

Watching these lawmakers makes you understand the true meaning of legislation.

They actually fight for the people and make laws that make life better not only for themselves because there's accountability.

the lock-in approach apple is using is their monopolistic strategy that keeps them richer and richer...iOS is neither flexible for developers and users.they lock their users in the ecosystems to the extent that interoperability of iOS devices and other ecosystem devices is zero.

Microsoft faced this lawsuit about 20 years ago.its apple and Google's turn
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by martineverest(m): 8:01am On Mar 22
Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

this comment is laughable..even Microsoft thats known to have the biggest and most powerful lawyers couldn't escape lawsuit......did u see what EU did to Apple earlier this month?.

iOS wall- garding is about to fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by CorrectionFLuid: 8:18am On Mar 22
happney65:
Just watched on CNN about two minutes ago. And was like what is the meaning of this nonesense suit.

Wife was even surprised and asking why should Apple be sued for just doing business like all other Capitalists do

Rubbish!

P.S. I am not a Fan of Apple. However,I believe the court will throw out this case. You can claim monopoly but don't I have the right to do whatever the hell I want with my product?

I can even decide it is only Apple products that can call or chat with each other so why the tears.

Lol you are talking about the US that can break up your company into smaller fragments if you become too big.
Go do some history research. And yes this case will fly through. If you were on twitter, and I'm not talking twitter NG where only rubbish and tribalism trends, you'd notice that public sentiment has already been and is still being gathered in order to tame apple.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by uniquetechng: 8:33am On Mar 22
Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

You have no idea what the antitrust act and I don't want to waste my time explaining it to you because you wont still understand any part of it.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Codes151(m): 8:34am On Mar 22
If USA, sue them, them go pay.

If Nigeria sue them way form actor.

DSS. Those Binance executives, start flogging them o
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by justli: 8:35am On Mar 22
happney65:

Rubbish!

It doesn't work like that. Because you have the product doesn't mean you can do whatever you like with it because your product does not exist in isolation. It impacts several other things especially if you are that big.

If people did whatever they wanted, maybe apple wouldn't have existed in the first place. Maybe IBM would have strangled them in the early days.

The US antitrust law is very instrumental in ensuring big brands don't highjack the free market system which is.

1 Like

Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by justli: 8:38am On Mar 22
CoronaVirusPro:

On what basis do you want to sue Dangote?

That he has the largest market share?

He has an undue advantage . he accesses dollar at a different rate from other producers and enjoying several import waivers. These tips the competition in his favor. Should be illegal
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by tremilatre(m): 8:40am On Mar 22
happney65:

Rubbish!

Sir, If only you were a student of history and you understand the fabrics of what makes the US a thriving capitalist economy.
It was a similar lawsuit in the 1990s against Microsoft that broke their hegemony on the market, paving the way for the likes of Apple inc to spring up and thrive.
The Shernan antitrust act was passed for a reason. Americans still have the right to the First Amendment but behind what you see and know on the surface market is a really dark and manipulative world in Silicon Valley and Wallstreet.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:52am On Mar 22
FreeStuffsNG:
Nothing like absolute capitalism. Even US knows when to draw the line on free enterprise.
But Nigerian FG aren't ready to draw that line.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by tivta(m): 9:29am On Mar 22
Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

Yet EU is shutting down Apple little by little by forcing them to use USB type c.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by tivta(m): 9:32am On Mar 22
Thank God for the EU, if not for the iPhone would still be using lightening cable. Its high time US stood up to its monopoly.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by NOwazobia: 9:50am On Mar 22
achinu:
Having only iOS and Android as the only two major dominant smartphone OS has actually hurt innovation and consumers suffer!
We should never have ended up with a 2 horse OS race. Go read up on palm OS and Symbian OS, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry etc. I'm not in anyway blaming Apple or Google for their dominance, just stating facts based on my industry experience and what I witnessed first hand. In the USA, the mobile phone carriers actually contributed to dominance of both Apple & Android OS by heavily subsiding the price of the devices in exchange for a service contract with the consumers.
When there's isn't any competition, innovation suffers and companies can charge absurd prices for little.
At least we have many brands that customize it to their taste, which technically mitigate the brand monopoly.
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by LandMann: 9:55am On Mar 22
OmoOshodi:
Common Dangote cement Tinubu no fit fight..... Monopoly is a menace to normal life

The fools on this forum will never agree that Dangote's monopoly is unhealthy for the Nigerian state and economy. The power dangote holds over the Nigerian market is too much and with it he can sabotage any government that goes against his wish.

He needs to be curtailed, otherwise Nigeria and especially southern Nigeria will suffer in future
Re: US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit by Emmani360(m): 10:26am On Mar 22
Namaster:

BH has $161B in Apple.

False
Firstly, even ordinary citizens have gone to congress and made a fool out of them, just don't ignore a subpoena or perjury yourself while answering their questions.
Secondly, even their dedicated customers are happy with some of the cases that are brought up against Apple cos it brings flexibility to the phone that is loved but hated for it's strict environment
Finally, apple have lost cases.

Apple have lost a lot of patent cases, even the ones brought by small companies and some apple watch are currently banned in the use by the US International Trade Commission

They were compelled by the EU to adopt type-c charging port, they contested it and lost
Just this month, I received an update notification that said something about third party app store and I had to go and check online and I found out they also lost their contention against EU's stand that they should allow third-party app stores.
And now all phone manufacturers big or small are being told that they will have to go back to using easily removable batteries on their gadgets if they want to continue selling in the EU.
No matter how big a company is, any govt can humble them if it decides to but no govt will want to cripple a company that has much of it's operation within the country and employ large number of people and companies understand this so most times they will break the law to make huge profits, they will be taken to court by the govt or different entities and they can decide to settle out of court or go on with the Trial and even when they lose they will gladly pay the stipulated fine cos the profit they made from breaking the law far exceeds the fine and money they spent in court

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Blackberry Phones Price List In Lagos And Outside Lagos / HELP!! My Airtel Social Bundle Cannot Open Facebook, Google And Gmail / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.