Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Believer's Lifestyle (5) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believer's Lifestyle (5) (51 Views)

As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believer's Lifestyle (5) by AdetoyeAyomikun: 11:26pm On Mar 21
Believer's Lifestyle (5)

A Life of Selflessness

1 Corinthians 10:24 states: "No one should seek their own good, but the good of others." (1 Peter 3:8, etc.)

Even the scripture says the entire law is fulfilled in loving your neighbors as yourself.

The lack of preoccupation with one's own interests, advancement, desires, etc., and attentiveness to those of others.

A believer's lifestyle is according to this pattern. I can talk and talk about the importance of being generous, asking about people, etc., but that's not what I'm here to do. Though it's important to understand that life does not just revolve around you.

Quite painful that we have a generation of believers for whom all that matters is that IT'S NOT A SIN.

That you don't care what they wear, whether exposed or not, too tight or not, as long as it's not a sin, I'm good to go.

Do not care if someone is affected by the choice of your clothes, do not care if someone is affected by the character you display.

I can behave the way I like; I don't care what men think. Hmm.

I'm reminding you that the life you received is a selfless one; you should care. The balance is that you don't live to please men. That is the balance. Your life is not directed to please just men.

But still, understand that the life you've received is a life of selflessness. It's not all about you.

The life you've received is a life of intercession!

(1) (Reply)

What The Bible Say About Excellence / What The Bible Say About Giving / 1 Adam+eve Eve 38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.