Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje (868 Views)

I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso At Aso Rock, Says Ganduje / Peter Obi, Obiano And Soludo At Basilica Holy Trinity Onitsha Today (photos) / Enugu Guber: I Won’t Be A Cog In The Wheel Of State’s Progress, Says Ayogu Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by TonyRazor(m): 11:24pm On Mar 22
Tony Okafor, Awka

APGA: Obi,Obiano,Soludo just stunted Anambra's progress, says Ganduje

The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress( APC), Alhaji Abdullahi Ganduje, said Anambra State is not making the desired progress under the leadership of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) since 2006.

He said the APGA leadership in the state for over 18 years under Peter Obi, Willie Obiano and now Prof Chukwuma Soludo stunted the growth of the state.

Ganduje, the Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma and other APC stalwarts are currently in Anambra State for a two-day event including a colloquium and empowerment programmed, spanning from Friday to Saturday

The colloquium themed, ‘De-marginalisation of South-East zone and integration into national politics’, was hosted on Friday by the Senator representing Anambra South Senatorial District, ChiefIfeanyi Ubah.

Speaking during the event, Ganduje said, “We are most grateful to participate in this dialogue that affects the South-East region. The Ndigbo are an ingredient of national integration because they are mostly travelled across the country.

“Anambra is a strategic state in the South-East, but it is not making the progress that a state is expected to make because it is not connected to the central government and that is the missing link and it is not benefiting the state. From former Governors Peter Obi, Willie Obiano and now Prof. Chukwuma Soludo.

“Governors are now using their connection with the central to better their state. Why should Anambra continue to live in isolation, what is the benefit for this? Even those who governed Anambra State quickly abandoned the party after they have governed the state, this is the height of selfishness.

“Anambra’s refusal to connect with the centre has denied the people of benefit and great infrastructure. Anambra has failed to transit and it is trapped. If you are not at the table, nobody will speak for you and that is the situation with Anambra since 1999. Anambra is the only state being ruled by the All Progressives Grand Alliance and the party has refused to grow.

“The South-West states were initially ruled by Alliance for Democracy in 1999, but later, they became ACN and by political sagacity of our leader who is the president today, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the South-West states continue to grow in strength, that is political dynamism. But APGA has continued to remain in one point and it shouldn’t continue like this.

“It is time for political celebration and we are hopeful that APC will take over Anambra through Senator Ifeanyi Ubah. Anambra is the heartbeat of the South-East political zone and it is time for it to join the centre party for it to grow, we are to make sure that Anambra connects to the center. No more intimidation, Anambra is strategic to the Nigerian economy and it must connect to the centre.”

Also speaking, Uzodimma advised the South-East to key into the national integration of the APC.

Uzodimma explained that the colloquium was intended to stimulate the political party in the South-East and use it to better the region, adding that the time shall come when inventory will be taken.

“It is a thing of joy that the national leadership of the APC has acknowledged that the South-East is being marginalised. Having diagnosed this, the question is who is this doctor that will prescribe the medicine to adopt, I think the national leader of the party is here to do that.

“We must identify national integration, national cohesion, and national unity so that we can have a pan- Nigerian project. The South-East is yearning for a united Nigeria where equity and justice are the yardstick, and it means we must be in the room where decisions are taken.

“If we are committed to joining this programme and campaign for de-marginalisation, it means we must join the ruling political party. I think what we need is the process of precarious panacea to be part of the national consensus.

“Nigeria project today has no room for those who are in lamentation, it belongs to those who are pragmatic and they must adopt pragmatic approach, we must understand the political dynamism to navigate the terrain,” Uzodimma added.

The keynote speaker of the colloquium and the Vice-Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Prof. Charles Esimone, who spoke on the theme, said lack of appreciation and outright denial of the rights of the south-east access into mainstream politics have continued because the region has failed to do the needful.

Esimone said, “Who is marginalising the South-East? The first culprit is the constitution. The second is a non credible census. Without a credible census, there won’t be room for equity. Equity has the potential to calm frayed nerves.

“The mismanagement of the three ‘Rs’ effectively laid the foundation for the marginalisation which the South-East faces today. Federal establishment is rare to find in the South-East while cities like Zaria and Lagos have more federal establishments than the whole South-East zone.

“One of the things that has caused self marginalisation is insecurity. It eases away investment into the region. Marginalisation can affect groups. It can affect sex. The current political calculation does not favour the South-East. It does not make sense that other geopolitical zones have six states while the South-East has five.”
Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Scream(m): 12:00am On Mar 23
Gandoĺlarmetrics!

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Ikembeku: 12:20am On Mar 23
Says the baba riga stuffing fool from the almajiri republic

4 Likes

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by jkpbestseries: 12:23am On Mar 23
Opposition in any part of the world is to make significance progress but in nigeria is looting. But take a look at who is talking, you will see a dollar thief

4 Likes

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by yarimo(m): 1:46am On Mar 23
OBI has laid bad foundation as governor of Anambra state

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Ezmans: 2:33am On Mar 23
yarimo:
OBI has laid bad foundation as governor of Anambra state
tell us your state so you can be replied as soon as possible

7 Likes

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Praxis758: 2:50am On Mar 23
We are doomed! A PhD holder in Kickback is pointing an accusing finger at someone else.

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Betanaija42moro: 4:26am On Mar 23
Each time I see his name I remember babariga stuffing with dollars.

Now tell me, has Nigeria made any meaningful progress since APC took over from PDP?

Don't come here to destroy the state with this your corrupt and useless party.

Anambra is far much better with APGA, at least the party has been able to produce decent Governors.

4 Likes

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by AustineE1: 6:10am On Mar 23
Ezmans:
tell us your state so you can be replied as soon as possible
You have forgotten that they are all from Lagos as usual.
Btw APC should be ashamed of itself,you could imagine the worst governor presently in South East,Hope Ozodinma of Imo state is of their party.Who on earth will want to be associated with a complete failure.As an APC governor he should have atleast been able to attract major projects to Imo,not even the railway they have been sharing among South West and core North.We South Easterners have long moved on,we have since taken our destiny into our hands and is paying off.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Racoon(m): 6:14am On Mar 23
Chai! And APC has made Nigeria Eldorado @ the national level? See this despicable babanriga crisply dollar bribe stuffing criminal still talking because his corruption was overlooked.

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by helinues: 6:16am On Mar 23
Wetin be your own?

How is the current Kanu governor that you are from is performing?

I really don't know why some like to pokenose into the matter that's not supposed to concern them
Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by magoo10(m): 6:18am On Mar 23
Imo state that is being governed by APC can the dollar stuffing babaringa tell us what they have achieved.i
Just a visit to Anambra he will be shocked to see the numbers of productive manufacturing companies springing up and am not talking of the existing ones I mean new companies despite low federal presence in the southeast.

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Tochi3(m): 6:24am On Mar 23
GandorDollar babariga stuffing ape.

..his Ruga master poo'hari was lamenting about technology when he saw the stuffing Video

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by ZombieTAMER: 7:59am On Mar 23
Let's talk about the APc chairman

A man seen all round the world stuffing dollars into babariga

A shameless man leading a shameless party
Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Guide777(m): 10:21am On Mar 23
Ifeanyi Uba's ambition to become Governor of Anambra State may easily materialize under YPP, APP, NRC, ARP or any other party. But not under APC. As far as Anambra is concerned APC has no good record and nobody sends APC . If he is hoping to rig the election through federal might then he is trying to commit a political suicide. I may suggest that he should retrace his steps while there is still time.

1 Like

Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Gustavowhite(m): 10:27am On Mar 23
Hahahaha

Soludo Soludo
When I talk about how Soludo has failed,His otimkpu will insult you
Yoruba Muslims will say I don’t like him because he didn’t support Obi

I just keep mum these days
Re: APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje by Macnnoli4(m): 3:11pm On Mar 23
Forget that thing jare. I prefer a minor party that will work twice as hard to perform well in their states because they face stiff competition than a major party that will likely to use federal might to bail themselves when they realized they bleeped up

(1) (Reply)

Adedibu & Akala, Partners In Crime ? / Ehindero Fires Back / Nlc And Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.