Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Join As I Mourn For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Join As I Mourn For Nigeria (464 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre / I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan / Federal Republic Of Nigeria And Niger Republic To Join As One Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Join As I Mourn For Nigeria by chuks49(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
Nigeria happens to be my country by accident of birth, so you see am stuck to it. I once believed in this country despite her obvious weaknesses. At least that was what i was thought in sunday school, to believe and have faith.
To cut the long story short unlike our nollywood stars, i woke up this morning with deep sense of frustration for this country. Looking at what has been happening these past years, i realised that we are making no progress. From Obasanjo to Yaradua and now Goodluck, no real change. I would not say i was disappointed with the previous two because i never expected much from them. Rather my concern is on president Jonathan in whom i had great faith in just as i know most Nigerians also had.
Looking at recent developments from Boko Haram the National Assembly is too afraid of to discuss to our worn out education sector, to our lifeless health care system. Not even our roads that SUV's dreads.
Looking at all these you would expect even a docile government will attempt to address these issues. Thats not in our case, rather the body language and programmes of mr presidents shows that we are about wasting another four years.
So you now know why i want to mourn for this country.
Re: Join As I Mourn For Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
guy, why i go join you dey mourn for naija, angry

sebi na un go vote for GEJ Stop whinning and be a man, afterall 2015 is just around the corner!!!

Absolute Bullocks!!! angry
Re: Join As I Mourn For Nigeria by DrummaBoy(m): 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
Indeed it is a season to mourn.
I warned folks against voting Jonathan but I would not join in condemning them now; rather we must look for a way to salvage this country.
It must be made clear that one of the things that will make one mourn the most forthis country is this issue of subsidy. Jonathan and his cohorts now have the effrontery to put an advert on NTA network advocating subsidy when the same clueless bunch used that same medium to advertise FRESH AIR all over the nation few months back. It was so bad they were running close to 10 adverts a day on new@9pm and an average of 5 full page colored adverts in each major national newspaper. GEJ is yet to tell how much of our money he spent on his campaign and now they want to remove subsidy.
This country will burn in the next few months except someone rises up to the occasion. Indeed a reason to mourn!

(1) (Reply)

CAN faults CBN’s $5m investment in Islamic biz group / Fellow Nigerians, This Is How You To Fight Corruption / Removal Of Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.