Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan (30430 Views)

Resume Or Resign; IPOB Youths Give Nnamdi Kanu 48hrs To Come Out Of Hiding / Friends Mourn Ken Atsuwete Who Was Assassinated In Rivers State / Victor Umeh Holds Mass In His Home To Mourn His Sister - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Bambless1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan was among dignitaries who thronged the Ikenne country home of the Awolowos to pay tributes to their matriarch, Chief Dideolu Awolowo, who passed away on last Saturday.

He arrived the home at exactly 1.17pm in company with his wife, Patience; a former Majority Leader in the House of Representatives, Mrs. Mulikat Akande-Adeola; and a former Chairman of the Federal Road Maintenance Agency, Mr. Jide Adeniji, among others.

Jonathan said the death of HID Awolowo forced him and his wife out of their “hidding” place, adding that he had resolved not to go out for one year, after leaving office.

Condoling with the family, the former President noted that the deceased enjoyed a rare privilege of living for extra 29 years, when compared to the biblical prescription of three scores and 10.

He further described her as a rare mother, whose milk of kindness, milk of encouragement as well as milk of advice Nigerians still needed.

He said, “My wife and I are not mourning because mama has passed on. For me, we believe that it’s a rare privilege to add extra 29 years to the biblical three scores and ten; it’s not easy.

“Ordinarily, we wouldn’t have been mourning but mama was a rare mother. She was a woman of virtue described in the Bible and she was a mother to all of us; a mother whose milk of kindness we still need, her milk of encouragement we still need, her milk of advice we still need and today she’s no more with us.

“We, just like the immediate children, and indeed this country, have missed her. Within this period, myself and my wife have been hiding; we don’t even go out. We thought we’ll be hiding for at least twelve months.

“But in this particular case, we cannot hide. So, we have come for the condolence and to encourage our brothers and sisters that we are together. God brought her for all of us. She just had to be the direct mother of few but she’s a mother to all. We shall mourn more than even the direct children would.”

A former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, described the deceased as a “truly noble lady, who contributed exceedingly to Nigeria’s independence by providing inestimable support to one of the countries founding fathers.”

He added that in later years after independence, she became a huge source of inspiration to many national leaders.

The national chairman, All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, described the late HID Awolowo as “a legend, an Iroko and a lighthouse to all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-come-out-of-hiding-to-mourn-awolowo-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
ok
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by MizMyColi(f): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2015

Lol
Baba Jo! cheesy
My Role Model!

Haters can go take a dump in Lagos Lagoon as usual
coolcoolcool

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Obikodo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Na lie
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by agarawu23(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
If you like hide under mama piss pant, we go pick you out If you are found guilty of corruption grin

Oga Jona, 1 year too small ooooo

42 Likes

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
You will mourn her more than the direct(sic) children would. Na so. You must have been closer to her then. Na you love dia mama pass dem. We have seen you. PhD always sounding like a kindergarten child. Abeg go back to your cave and hide with your shepo.

49 Likes

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
Our hero

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by CR77(f): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nigeria will still ask for this man.
Quote me.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Bambless1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
Seun
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by CR77(f): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
GEJ Great Man
MizMyColi:

Lol
Baba Jo! cheesy
My Role Model!

coolcoolcool

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by omusiliyu(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
quintessential of good leader...

Buhari will never do that.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by LatestTrend: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
undecided
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Flashh: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol
Baba Jo! cheesy
My Role Model!

coolcoolcool

Olodo... That line is only used by the APC members. grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Omotayor123(f): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Not Surprise..You have to cover face

Make una hide well ooo... Baba never open your chapter!

7 Likes

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Aminat508(f): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
shocked

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by anonimi: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
With due respect, our former president should desist from speaking impromptu publicly as he uses words that convey funny meanings to put it mildly.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by socialmediaman: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Lol. He knows the masses hold him responsible for everything that has gone wrong with Naija in recent times

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by chinchum(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
why hidest thou?

Are you both Adam and eve ?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by kennyman2000(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Okay...
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Doughyeenbae(f): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Well done..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by MizMyColi(f): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
anonimi:
With due respect, our former president should desist from speaking impromptu publicly as he uses words that convey funny meanings to put it mildly.

You are right though.
He and Buhari has this in common..
They are a tad bit "too sincere" (with words)cheesy

He remains my guy still.
cool

CR77:
GEJ my Hero cool cool

Yessssssshhhhh!!!
cheesy
I One Hundred Percent Concur with you!

coolcoolcoolcool

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Captainswag225(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
great man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by WhoBeThisMan: 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
You people should let mama peace to talk now, eh? We miss her comic relief grin

1 Like

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by pussygotlips: 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Pangalo
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by Dottore: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Eeya
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by brainpulse: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hiding from who? Still throwing his uncordinated speeches. The worst president in the history of the black race. You left this country worst than you met it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by ribbit: 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Their hero is doing ojuju calabar grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by cnwokike(m): 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
You want to do a Costa

Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by sexxysemerian: 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
fct
Re: I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan by cnwokike(m): 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
He wants to do a Costa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Go To Court, INEC Tells Critics Over Buhari’s Non-submission Of Credentials / APC NWC Meets With Gambari In Aso Rock / Governor Abdulrazaq Chased Away By Decamping APC Members - Isaac Fayose Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.