Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline (18144 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Here Are 4 Exclusive Tips For Human-Human Networking As A Job Seeker / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Sctests: 4:48pm On Mar 23
Think9ja:
For everyday a jobless Nigerian comes online, he'll see one so called resume expert telling him or her why he's not being invited, forgetting 70% of jobs are by recommendations.

That was how one popular HR lady on twitter was always tweeting about why people are not getting called for interview. I finally reached out to her and paid for resume revamping and cover later. For two months that resume did not get me a single interview. Meanwhile, the same so called resume expert HR was also asking people if there are vacancies in their companies so that she can recommend people.

If na only by CV, why you also de lobby for slots?

I finally had access to a platform that gave me access to thousands of foreign CVs and just used it to craft a nice one for myself, Immediately started seeing results.

We too de stress job seekers for Nigeria jor

I guess you finally landed a job as an agbado miscreant and bulaba online parrot. Be contented.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Openair: 4:49pm On Mar 23
Thanks
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by pharmagba: 4:56pm On Mar 23
chaddy16:
Even after using all the right phases, work will still not come. Lol
The objective is for us to take correction

Stop this pressmist attitude
Must you comment?
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Gabaleve(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23
Nice
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Gabaleve(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23
Needed this
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 5:41pm On Mar 23
Thank You Seun Osewa

Thank You Nairaland Moderators For The Front-Page Opportunity....!

Thank You All For The Opportunity To EXPRESS Ourselves!

We Will Continue To Do More!
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by NairalandGOAT1: 5:52pm On Mar 23
Think9ja:
For everyday a jobless Nigerian comes online, he'll see one so called resume expert telling him or her why he's not being invited, forgetting 70% of jobs are by recommendations.

That was how one popular HR lady on twitter was always tweeting about why people are not getting called for interview. I finally reached out to her and paid for resume revamping and cover later. For two months that resume did not get me a single interview. Meanwhile, the same so called resume expert HR was also asking people if there are vacancies in their companies so that she can recommend people.

I finally had access to a platform that gave me access to thousands of foreign CVs and just used it to craft a nice one for myself, Immediately started seeing results.

Can I have that magic access bro... I need it ASAP.. Please
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by olaniyi263: 5:55pm On Mar 23
Noted.Noted....
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:01pm On Mar 23
Thank You Seun Osewa

Thank You Nairaland Moderators For The Front-Page Opportunity....!

Thank You All For The Opportunity To EXPRESS Ourselves!

We Will Continue To Do More!

We Will Continue To Shine Our LIGHTS.

~ The Messiah of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Appreciating.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:05pm On Mar 23
farouk2much:
GOOD advice....... Insha'Allah i will take correction and move on.....

I nearly became FTC... but no problem it's
network issues that cost me the FTC.......

Liked, Shared And Followed.

It's A Great Thing That You Learnt Something And You're Willing To Take Correction.

Be The DRIVING FORCE of Your CAREER.

Nobody Can Activate Your ROLE For You.

Activate Your SKILLS.

Put Your VISIONS into Motion!

You're Your Own VERB.

Be Your VERB.

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Enlightening.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:20pm On Mar 23
SoNature:
All this ones na because work no dey Naija. For America, na employers dey beg people to come work.

I remember watching one CNN documentary where an American was complaining bitterly of how his workers don't stay beyond one week. They start work this week and quit the next week grin

You're Right.

Most Trending People Around The World Are Seeking For Remote And Hybrid Jobs Nowadays.

This is The Beauty of The 21st Century of Intrapreneurship.

Nobody is Supposed To Be A Slave To Any Job Or Anybody in Today's World of Finance.

You Got Value To Give ?

Give It.

And Get Back The Reciprocating Rewards For Giving Your Value!

You Don't Get Any Reciprocating Rewards For Giving Your Value ?

Leave That Job!

Go Create Yours For Yourself Or Go Find Another Suitable Job With Reciprocating Benefits.

~ The Messiah of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Enlightening.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Natbrowny: 6:22pm On Mar 23
This is good to know....

I plead with our naija interviewers

Its an interview not an interrogation.

Some won't ask for your skills thru communication. U'll hear, so which year and month did u graduate and all other absurd questions

Engage with ur potential employee and see how good he/she is in communicating and idea projections

One chief and his group of friends were just gisting with me, i was flowing normally n naturally and at the end he was like that's d end of the interview..

Start next week and write about what happened today in this discussion, that will stand as ur writing skills.

No long leg o.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:30pm On Mar 23
chaddy16:
Even after using all the right phases, work will still not come. Lol

So, You Don't Fold Your Hands.

You Create Yours.

~ The Messiah of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Advising...
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by dabonny(m): 6:36pm On Mar 23
immortalcrown:
Your advice is good. But following it does not qualify one for a job and going against it does not disqualify one for a job in Nigeria. I said, "in Nigeria".

But I have to admit that any applicant that just says or writes something like, "I have MSc in BANKING POLICY", obtained his or her certificate in a questionable manner. 😀

... obtained his or her certificate in a questionable manner" says who?

It's not if work lest any man should boast. Have the right contact and forget all the above stories.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:39pm On Mar 23
Think9ja:

You're Very Right With Your Experiential Narrative.

Most CV Appraisals Created Their CV APPRAISING COMPANIES For Themselves As Their Online Grind After Understanding That Alot of Graduates And People At Large Cannot Craft Out Their Own CVs.

It's Always BEST That You Get Creative About Providing Solutions To People's Problems.

The More People's Problem You Can Solve; The More You're Able To Earn Provided You Monetize Your Solutions.

You Need Not Continue To Trouble Yourself Seeking For Jobs Alone; When You Can Start Earning Money As You Provide Some Particular Solutions To Some Particular Societal Issues.

All of Your ARSENALS Should Be Loaded For Earning PASSIVELY.

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Suggesting...
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:44pm On Mar 23
immortalcrown:
Your advice is good. But following it does not qualify one for a job and going against it does not disqualify one for a job in Nigeria. I said, "in Nigeria".

But I have to admit that any applicant that just says or writes something like, "I have MSc in BANKING POLICY", obtained his or her certificate in a questionable manner. 😀

Spot On...!

~ The Messiah of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Observed...
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 6:51pm On Mar 23
eazye4u133:
Very insightful post.

We're Glad You Found It Helpful.

Your Profile Picture is Beautiful, Bold And Interactive...!

What Business Do You Run Offline or Online ?

Why is Your BIO On Nairaland Empty ?

Here is A Proper Place To Interconnect, Expand And Earn Money As You Engage Reasonably Online.

Work On Your BIO - As You Need To.

We Can Also Help You Craft One Based On Understanding The Nature of Your Business At ZERO-COST.

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Empowering...
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 7:22pm On Mar 23
Emman08:
Remove the focus on university degree and focus on your skills and what you can offer.

GBAM...!

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Supporting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 7:25pm On Mar 23
wunmi590:

This is apt, thank you OP

Thanks For Appreciating.

I'm Glad You Found This Helpful.

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Appreciating.
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 7:35pm On Mar 23
Confiture:
What if I no do all that, make I lie?

Volunteer To Do Something For Other Brands - If You Cannot Create Jobs For Yourself.

There's Power In Volunteering....

You Don't Need To Lie.

You Can Let The HR of Any Company Understand That You're New To The Job Experience And You're Willing To Volunteer So As To Gain Experience.

Within Your First 3 Months; Your Diligence At Volunteering Would Expose You To Alot of Experiences And As Well Provide You With Some Stipends From The HR.

OVER TIME; You Could Be Staffed Based On Your Work Ethics!

Volunteering Will Even Help You Gain Their Recommendation If You Have To Move On To Another Job.

Hope You Understand ?

You Don't Need To Lie.

"Kings Don't Lie".

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Encouraging
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by DigitalJobs: 7:54pm On Mar 23
kupex50:
Good point. This can only work in the western world. People get Good paying jobs in nigeria without CV, no application letter, no qualifications and no interview. Just know the right person.

My experience in AUCHi polytechnic while looking for a job for medical laboratory science job in 2013. We were 120 to do the first interview. I made it to the second round of 13. I made it to the 3rd round of 4. Only for 2 guys to start work for the same role without application and interview.

I repeat, getting work in nigeria is no longer by merit but who do you know. Even in the so called religious universities....

Very True And You Are Very Right About The Nigerian Job Saga!

That's The Reason This Thread Was Created To Open The Mindset of Many Job Seekers To The Possibilities of Creating Their Own Jobs And/or Working Remotely Online As Intrapreneurs Rather Than As Slaves To A Low Paying Job.

Thanks For Contributing.

~ The Messiah Of African Agriculture (TMOAA) Recontributing
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by cokeryusuf09(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23
Think9ja:

Can u share the name of the platform
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:52am On Mar 24
I love this👍

The Messiah of African Agriculture is on it again!

You're not just The Messiah you're My Messiah❣️💋

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by mosho2good: 3:11pm On Mar 24
Think9ja:

Please can you link me up to where you get the access to craft a nice CV
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26
Think9ja:

Pls share me the platform so I can work on my CV too. . .
Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Goodlady(f): 10:19pm On Apr 06
Confiture:
What if I no do all that, make I lie?
Na me wan give you job yesterday.
The job is to epp find this masquerade wey NEPA arrest.

Re: Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline by Confiture: 11:35am On Apr 07
Goodlady:

Na Mr wan give you job next yesterday.
The job is to epp me find this masquerade wey NEPA arrest.
So you had to find my comment just to post this ugly picture? Continue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30 Guidelines That Will Help You Ace Your Next Interview / Careers/jobs People Dont Bother To Attend The Interviews / Nigeria Police Medical Screening Date 2024/2025 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.