Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Tinubu Vs El Rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs El Rufai (1195 Views)

El-Rufai & Amaechi vs El-Rufai & Wike - When Will They Learn? / Insecurity: Ortom Vs El-Rufai / Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by tommy589(m): 11:41am On Mar 23
Straybullet:

I'm not a tinubu guy. I will never be.
But I think he has enough political dexterity to use his office to his advantage in all things.

See how he shot down a looming coup against akpabio in the senate, sent ningi home on suspension, and got the northern caucus to stand with him publicly.

He knows the game.

He has penetrate northern elders forum, employing hakeem baba Ahmed in a shocking move,

Only atiku has the clout to fight him in an election for now.

El rufai is a political infant

Only Jonathan not Atiku

If Pdp knows what's good for them in 2027. He is on a single term, age is on his and I think Nigerians now prefer him

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by FiftyFifty(m): 11:43am On Mar 23
Straybullet:

So why has tinubu defeated el rufais man ningi in the senate

And the Northern caucus is denouncing ningi?

Oga you can't.defeat a savvy sitting president

Na goodluck jonathan mumu himself

This has exposed your political naivety. How is Ningi (PDP man) become Elrufa'i's? This is not the right time to fight Tinubu, the northern caucus are intelligent enough to know this. Tinubu's is in his first year, after all. So you don't need to be another Niccolo Machevelli to know this. The North will fight at the right time, mark this. Whether Tinubu is really "savvy" is left for Nigerians to say. But one thing is that he can't win the south south, not to talk of the South East, most of his Yoruba kinsmen aren't happy with his performance so far, and he is fighting the North at the same time... And you can't see all these.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Straybullet: 11:46am On Mar 23
tommy589:

Only Jonathan not Atiku

If Pdp knows what's good for them in 2027

Which Jonathan

Igbos will not vote Jonathan again. Obviously Obi will run, so a Jonathan candidacy will not work.

Only hope to oust tinubu is a grand northern arrangement led by atiku.
And if obi accepts to team up with atiku, tinubu is brown toast
Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by FiftyFifty(m): 11:52am On Mar 23
Straybullet:

Name his achievements

He graduated with a first class from ABU Zaria during his time. He was the only African to pass the Royal British Quantity Surveying examination at first sitting during his time. He has another degree in Law from the University of London, and MBA from Cambridge as well as AMP from Harvard. He is currently a PhD scholar at the university of Neitherlands. He became a dollar milloinaire before reaching thirty. He turned around the FCT as minister, achieving what even Obasanjo thought was impossible. You need to know Abuja before, during, and after his tenure to fully understand this. He did the same at BPE. As Governor, he changed Kaduna for good. Kaduna can now do without the federal allocation, thanks to his initiatives. Above all, he can stand scrutiny for he abhors corruption, unlike Tinubu. I can go on...

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Straybullet: 11:53am On Mar 23
FiftyFifty:

This has exposed your political naivety. How is Ningi (PDP man) become Elrufa'i's? This is not the right time to fight Tinubu, the northern caucus are intelligent enough to know this. Tinubu's is in his first year, after all. So you don't need to be another Niccolo Machevelli to know this. The North will fight at the right time, mark this. Whether Tinubu is really "savvy" is left for Nigerians to say. But one thing is that he can't win the south south, not to talk of the South East, most of his Yoruba kinsmen aren't happy with his performance so far, and he is fighting the North at the same time... And you can't see all these.

He goaded the north into a fight with the senate president and defeated them.

Public defeats are not good in politics.

What is el rufai doing in ningis House, if they are not together?

Of course el rufai is shopping for a party , a tinubu apc will not accommodate him.

Uba sani at home is not his good friend.

El rufai is really fighting for his political life.

That's not a guy to lead a coalition against a sitting president.

The yoruba will vote tinubu even if they eat rocks in this his tenure. They see it as part of their fight with the Igbo. So his base is intact.

He can still bribe senior northern leaders to secure their support, and the north will follow their leaders.

So tinubu will not be easy to remove, and the only person who can do it is atiku....if he gets igbo support

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Straybullet: 12:11pm On Mar 23
FiftyFifty:

He graduated with a first class from ABU Zaria during his time. He was the only African to pass the Royal British Quantity Surveying examination at first sitting during his time. He became a dollar milloinaire before reaching thirty. He turned around the FCT as minister, achieving what even Obasanjo thought was impossible. You need to know Abuja before, during, and after his tenure to fully understand this. He did the same at BPE. As Governor, he changed Kaduna for good. Kaduna can now do without the federal allocation, thanks to his initiatives. Above all, he can stand scrutiny for he abhors corruption, unlike Tinubu. I can go on...

I agree 100 percent with all this.

But gonthrough your list and see that there is no political achievement there.

That's why I say he's a political infant
Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by AMINDA: 12:13pm On Mar 23
The post-election treatment of Elrufai by the Tinubu cabal has left a bitter taste in the mouth of most northerners who hitherto supported Tinubu. It has created an atmosphere of great distrust and I feel it was ill-advised. I hope Elrufai does not contest in 2027 but if he does, he would do a devastating damage to Tinubu's reelection campaign even if he doesn't end up winning the election. The current crop of northerners Tinubu has around him cannot galvanise the North the way an Elrufai would and no-one can handpick a leader for the North.

The North is waiting to pick a successor and heir-apparent to Buhari and Elrufai is looking like a prime candidate for that role. The opportunity cost of denying Elrufai the ministerial slot (which he doesn't even need, having been a minister 20 years ago) and the manner it was done will prove to be costly in the end. It would have paid Tinubu to pull Elrufai closer even if he regarded him an enemy. Elrufai has nothing to lose.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by tommy589(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23
Straybullet:

Which Jonathan

Igbos will not vote Jonathan again. Obviously Obi will run, so a Jonathan candidacy will not work.

Only hope to oust tinubu is a grand northern arrangement led by atiku.
And if obi accepts to team up with atiku, tinubu is brown toast

It serves northern interest more if Jonathan that would use a single term stands for presidency than Obi likely 2 term
Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by FiftyFifty(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23
Straybullet:

I agree 100 percent with all this.

But gonthrough your list and see that there is no political achievement there.

That's why I say he's a political infant

Stop shifting the post in the middle of the game. You mentioned achievement, you weren't being specific. BTW, so winning a state like Kaduna from a sitting Governor who is also on the ballot is not political achievement? Making Kaduna among the only six states that can survive without federal allocation isn't achievement politically? Tinubu's "victory" in 2023 won't have been easy, if at all possible, without Elrufa'i's political sagacity. That too isn't isn't an achievement? Do you remember when Tinubu followed him all the way to Kaduna telling him that he must be part of his government when he mentioned that he was going back to school? Don't allow hatred to be-clowed your sense of judgement, pls.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Kapeter(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23
El Rufai is a wise politician and wouldn't be stupid to go Kwankwanso way. No matter how big you think you are politically, You most definitely need a big party platform to achieve whatever you dream politically. Buhari had a cult followership but could not become anything pre APC, same as Kwankwanso. El-Rufai is only playing a mind game on APC to show them his importance and i won't be surprised if he win at the end and become the partys presidential flagbearer come 2031.El-Rufai is not dumping APC, he is only trying to scared them. Even if he will leave APC, He'll only be returning to PDP which i doubt would ever happen. Make una go siddon for one corner abeg.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by FiftyFifty(m): 12:38pm On Mar 23
AMINDA:
The post-election treatment of Elrufai by the Tinubu cabal has left a bitter taste in the mouth of most northerners who hitherto supported Tinubu. It has created an atmosphere of great distrust and I feel it was ill-advised. I hope Elrufai does not contest in 2027 but if he does, he would do a devastating damage to Tinubu's reelection campaign even if he doesn't end up winning the election. The current crop of northerners Tinubu has around him cannot galvanise the North the way an Elrufai would and no-one can handpick a leader for the North.

The North is waiting to pick a successor and heir-apparent to Buhari and Elrufai is looking like a prime candidate for that role. The opportunity cost of denying Elrufai the ministerial slot (which he doesn't even need, having been a minister 20 years ago) and the manner it was done will prove to be costly in the end. It would have paid Tinubu to pull Elrufai closer even if he regarded him an enemy. Elrufai has nothing to lose.

Only intelligent people devoid of emotional attachment can see it from this plain perspective. You are among the few exceptions, sir.

In addition to this, the North felt utterly betrayed by Tinubu. The likes of Ganduje, Baba Ahmad, Matawalle, or Badaru can't help Tinubu at the time he needed their help the most.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by FiftyFifty(m): 12:41pm On Mar 23
Kapeter:
El Rufai is a wise politician and wouldn't be stupid to go Kwankwanso way. No matter how big you think you are politically, You most definitely need a big party platform to achieve whatever you dream politically. Buhari had a cult followership but could not become anything pre APC, same as Kwankwanso. El-Rufai is only playing a mind game on APC to show them his importance and i won't be surprised if he win at the end and become the partys presidential flagbearer come 2031.El-Rufai is not dumping APC, he is only trying to scared them. Even if he will leave APC, He'll only be returning to PDP which i doubt would ever happen. Make una go siddon for one corner abeg.

Lol. Don't rule out the possibility of anything when it comes to politics. In that game anything is possible.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Straybullet: 12:49pm On Mar 23
tommy589:

It serves northern interest more if Jonathan that would use a single term stands for presidency than Obi likely 2 term

The north will neither vote obi or Jonathan...Christian North will vote obi more
Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Straybullet: 12:53pm On Mar 23
FiftyFifty:

Stop shifting the post in the middle of the game. You mentioned achievement, you weren't being specific. BTW, so winning a state like Kaduna from a sitting Governor who is also on the ballot is not political achievement? Making Kaduna among the only six states that can survive without federal allocation isn't achievement politically? Tinubu's "victory" in 2023 won't have been easy, if at all possible, without Elrufa'i's political sagacity. That too isn't isn't an achievement? Do you remember when Tinubu followed him all the way to Kaduna telling him that he must be part of his government when he mentioned that he was going back to school? Don't allow hatred to be-clowed your sense of judgement, pls.

You didn't mention his contributions to tinubu election earlier

That's an achievement, I concede.

But el rufai cannot take over from buhari as northern leader.

He is hated by the christian north.

Kwankwaso could have stepped into those shoes, but his advisers are not helping matters.

For now the north has no leader and their block vote is at risk.

Atiku has the clout to gather votes across the nation.

El rufai is terribly hated in the south.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs El Rufai by Straybullet: 1:00pm On Mar 23
AMINDA:

You have a point...
But what is el rufais electoral value outside Kaduna state?

How about inside Kaduna state with an uba sani in charge?

The north will always protect its own, so the I'll treatment of el rufai is being felt, but that will not make him a Northern messiah.

He has made enemies.

Told northern elders to their face, he doesn't respect them.

He is just trying now to build bridges...too little too late.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remain In Jail - Nigerians Tell Erisco Fan, VeryDarkMan, For Mocking Chioma / Largest State In Each Geopolitical Region In Nigeria / When Are We Going To See The Truth And Stand By It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.