Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story (37180 Views)

Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak / Defence HQs releases photos, names of soldiers murdered in Okuama, Delta State / Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Jayhome24: 11:39am On Mar 23
Fiscus105:
No matter the situation, you shouldn't take law into ur own hand! But one thing is for sure.

FULANI.

IJAW.

UROBO.

EBIRA.

Those 4 tribes are extremely difficult to leave with as neighbours/friends/co-workers.

Brk I'm sad about th murders of those soldiers because its uncalled for and non provocative and what annoyed me most is the mutilating their body parts haba!!! pls for wetin na? You killed pesin wey no do you any harm you no gree go you still go ahead and chop his or her body to piece and took the body parts away sorry such person deserve death instantly.

I don't bloody care what anybody says about my position on this issue what is wrong is wrong, what is bad is bad, you can not justify the Nortern stupidity in your own land to shed blood of people trying to make peace l, it is wrong an heartless.

1 Like

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by dalongjnr: 11:39am On Mar 23
He who borrow in blood, will pay back in blood.
God show mercy to the innocent.

1 Like

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Jayhome24: 11:39am On Mar 23
Fiscus105:
No matter the situation, you shouldn't take law into ur own hand! But one thing is for sure.

FULANI.

IJAW.

UROBO.

EBIRA.

Those 4 tribes are extremely difficult to leave with as neighbours/friends/co-workers.

Brk I'm sad about the murders of those soldiers because its uncalled for and non provocative and what annoyed me most is the mutilating their body parts haba!!! pls for wetin na? You killed pesin wey no do you any harm you no gree go you still go ahead and chop his or her body to piece and took the body parts away sorry such person deserve death instantly.

I don't bloody care what anybody says about my position on this issue what is wrong is wrong, what is bad is bad, you can not justify the Nortern stupidity in your own land to shed blood of people trying to make peace l, it is wrong an heartless..
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Available9: 11:40am On Mar 23
Toluabigr8:
This will serve as detterent to others..Nigeria Army should teach them the lesson their unborn generation will learn.

The same way we are teaching gaza a lesson they will never forget
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by chidiokay: 11:40am On Mar 23
Ofunaofu:
The military have a lot of questions to answer.

Infact, the military should come clean about their involvement in this whole debacle.

If after all you read, its the military that still have so much to answer are you sure head is not paining you

Even if the military had gone there to rescue a V.i.P, is that a justification for militants to kill men of the arm forces
What the militants were accused of, is it strange or new, as it not happened before
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Lekan239(m): 11:44am On Mar 23
Ofunaofu:
The military have a lot of questions to answer.

Infact, the military should come clean about their involvement in this whole debacle.
peace keeping or not, wen u ambush and kill army personnel, its normal for reinforcement to bombard there...

Last month soldiers was sent too Ekiti state to combat kidnappings happening in Ekiti state. Now imagine those kidnappers killed those soldiers, what do you think will happen?. There would be more heavy reinforcement and Ekiti state would have been heavily guarded and heavily monitored
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by ezechi24(m): 11:46am On Mar 23
That means the okuama people has actually been the troublemakers here, because if you read all their own side of the story, they have totally no tangible reason for the havoc they've been meting on the okoloba people.

They should eat what they cooked.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by NaijaNaWaa: 11:46am On Mar 23
Fiscus105:

FULANI.

IJAW.

UROBO.

EBIRA.

I don’t know about Urhobo but I may concur with you on the rest.

1 Like

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by dinero101(m): 11:47am On Mar 23
Fiscus105:

FULANI.

IJAW.

UROBO.

EBIRA.

add Esan
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by eteba(m): 11:47am On Mar 23
Why can't we just live peacefully with our brothers and neighbours, imagine the destruction of lives and properties because of a peace of land you'll die and leave behind as your forefathers did.

On the military, they usually fuel this kind of communal crisis for financial gains, support the stronger and politically connected side, and reap gains from bunkering activities, which is why they're mostly of northern extraction, they see postings to the niger delta creeks as an opportunity to make money from the criminal elements operating there.

However, it's very wrong from all ramifications to butcher our military personnel who are our symbol of authority.

3 Likes

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by ayindejimmy(m): 11:47am On Mar 23
Lies and lies .

The military is not honest and the committee involved aren't honest too
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by frankson1(m): 11:50am On Mar 23
Toluabigr8:
This will serve as detterent to others..Nigeria Army should teach them the lesson their unborn generation will learn.

The Nigerian Army won't let this go.

The militant that is still making noise while in hiding and asking what the soldiers will do to him, will only get his answer by showing his face.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by zaller(m): 11:50am On Mar 23
[quote author=Ofunaofu post=129065135][/quote]
Like Israel/Palestine, Like Okuama/Nigeria Military
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by abobote: 11:53am On Mar 23
It was Asari boys that killed the soldiers.
The military were hired by Tompolo. They didn't go for any Peace talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by troytino: 11:53am On Mar 23
helinues:
Toh

So in M.I, a piece of land dispute led to one of the community to first involved army( dirty army), the real army came for peace talk and was mistaken for the dirty one.

The land tussle which could have been taken to court for amicable settlement, but instead they resort into killing each other.

2 community from probably same local government, definitely same state.

Fishes are not on top of mountains my dear

Stop repeating same silly lines that fake soldiers first came to the communities. It will not stick
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Roozzaay(m): 11:57am On Mar 23
So because of the crooked Soldiers allegedly used by Okoloba community, the Okuoma people get mind after killing the alleged used soldiers still killed and decapitated bodies of another team comprising senior officers. The NA should level that Okuoma make Okoloba people claim ham, no sympathy for the evildoers

1 Like

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by lilyheaven: 11:58am On Mar 23
Exactly!
Same thing, a still voice has been saying to my ear. T
nony43:
Matter way drag LT colonel, two majors and a captain, with 12 soldiers out is not ordinary peace keeping this must be bunkering gone wrong.

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by frankson1(m): 11:59am On Mar 23
I am very confident that the military will do justice to that community. Never again will such repeat itself.

No one kills top officers in the military and receives a thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Caleb15(m): 11:59am On Mar 23
Selina tested
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by saddler: 12:00pm On Mar 23
Toluabigr8:
Yenyen yen yen .

Who learnt the first lesson?
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by saddler: 12:02pm On Mar 23
frankson1:

The Nigerian Army won't let this go.

The militant that is still making noise while in hiding and asking what the soldiers will do to him, will only get his answer by showing his face.

Same soldiers that have been battling boko haram and bandits for years without success.

Its only to oppress harmless civilians that Nigerian soldiers are good at.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by spacechuks(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23
ezechi24:
That means the okuama people has actually been the troublemakers here, because if you read all their own side of the story, they have totally no tangible reason for the havoc they've been meting on the okoloba people.

They should eat what they cooked.

Don't believe hook line and sinker all you read,

The writer here is from Okoloba,

When another writer from Okuama write, you will get another dimension of the saga,

The pointer should be focused on why the military visit to Okuama, who paid the military to go and kidnap the Okuama community chairman, while is Okoloba claiming that the Okuama are their tenant, is any Okoloba person alive old enough as 300years to state that narrative,

The Tompolo men and Army are constituting nuisance in that Forcado region due to greed for the oil resources, that is the genesis of all this saga,

Tompolo should be called to question, his contract should be revoked, he and his men has successfully and stealthily pitch the Okuama community against the Nigerian State.

The Urhobo's I know are peaceful and warmly to strangers, they occupy 10 LGA out of 25LGA in Delta State,

Never in history, you have heard of an Urhobo community been hostile,

Okuama saga need to be investigated, the neighboring communities must be questioned

6 Likes

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by faceland: 12:16pm On Mar 23
NkanuSon:
Person wey get time to read should summarize for us abeg

One side hire soldiers to kill the other side, the other side hired soldier to kill the first side. They met, recognized each other and made sure no one tell. Now oga at the top discovered money dey dir and want all the land. The end.

Why did the peace team consist only of military men? Where were the officials of the Department of State Services, DSS, traditional rulers of the area, and other stakeholders?

Peace keeping mission my ass & heros my ass.

1 Like

Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by McLizbae: 12:19pm On Mar 23
That okuama community seems like one hell of a community.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by 9japride(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23
inoki247:
Make una continue killing urself cause of Land...

I don't know how elders from the communities can't come together measure things out share the boundaries between each other equally and sign agreement buh instead choose to use blood to dey settle things, bringing chaos to ur community land wey una no fit carry go heaven....
[color=#006600][/color]

The issue about land dispute is that one party is actually not saying the truth.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by faceland: 12:21pm On Mar 23
spacechuks:

Don't believe hook line and sinker all you read,

The writer here is from Okoloba,

When another writer from Okuama write, you will get another dimension of the saga,

The pointer should be focused on why the military visit to Okuama, who paid the military to go and kidnap the Okuama community chairman, while is Okoloba claiming that the Okuama are their tenant, is any Okoloba person alive old enough as 300years to state that narrative,

The Tompolo men and Army are constituting nuisance in that Forcado region due to greed for the oil resources, that is the genesis of all this saga,

Tompolo should be called to question, his contract should be revoked, he and his men has successfully and stealthily pitch the Okuama community against the Nigerian State.

The Urhobo's I know are peaceful and warmly to strangers, they occupy 10 LGA out of 25LGA in Delta State,

Never in history, you have heard of an Urhobo community been hostile,

Okuama saga need to be investigated, the neighboring communities must be questioned

It is hard to live with Urhobo without him becoming somewhat of a friend... All these conflict is because of money/greed.

The peace deal a month ago did not benefit the so called military.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by gigabyte13: 12:21pm On Mar 23
Tales by moonlight
Una get mind keee soldiers
Una still dey talk.......
Oya come out and fight na
Shey una say, una get craze full ground
Come out and fight......
Shebi as una don kee the soldiers na
Una don win abi....?
Shey the land don be Una own now....?
Very very senseless and lame excuses.
Make una reserve the story for una generation yet unborn, because this wahalaaaaaa wey una cause so, na season film, e go longggggg
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Panda7(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23
take over the disputed land and set up a baracks there, I think that's one way to resolve conflicts
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by khen10: 12:29pm On Mar 23
helinues:
Toh

So in M.I, a piece of land dispute led to one of the community to first involved army( dirty army), the real army came for peace talk and was mistaken for the dirty one.

The land tussle which could have been taken to court for amicable settlement, but instead they resort into killing each other.

2 community from probably same local government, definitely same state.

Fishes are not on top of mountains my dear

Wetin M.I do you my bro?
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by helinues: 12:30pm On Mar 23
khen10:

Wetin M.I do you my bro?

In M.I, In short

cheesy grin
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Dancebreaker: 12:33pm On Mar 23
The whole story nor pure at all.
Re: Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story by Pacesetter123(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23
Where are those who abused Akpabio for making mentioned of the word "mercenary" in this matter?
Have you people seen the word "mercenaries" all over this article?
Will you people abuse those communities leaders / eye witnesses the same way you abused Akpabio?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode, Fayose, Argebesola And Ajimobi At Western Nigerian Governors’ Forum / Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.